or Connect

Posts by Marvin

The 13" MBP has a faster GPU by about 50-100% - this helps with games but it can also help with image manipulation software. The CPU is pretty much identical in performance. Both have PCIe SSDs. The MBP supports 4K display output with Thunderbolt 2. There's a rumor suggesting Apple will introduce a Retina Macbook Air later on this year. If this is true, I actually expect that it will replace both the 13" Pro and Air. But if Apple's plan is to make it fanless, this...
This is happening due to Intel's release schedule for new processors and the fact that Apple moved their iOS device releases to the end of the year. New iPads used to come out at the start of the year and iPhones in Summer. Now it's all crammed into the back-to-school and Christmas season.Although the MBP update was minor, I'm really happy they moved to 16GB RAM all round. The 850M GPU would have been nice but the price cut on the 750M model was good.Hopefully there will...
I don't think they should do that though, I think their current strategy is right. Pushing SSDs will help drive their prices down. Fusion drives would slow down adoption and they aren't as fast or reliable. I would also rather they scrapped the old model entirely.I see and you effectively get a trip to the US included. If you were to get a refurb in the US, it could end up being an even better deal.
It's based in mathematics:http://www.mathopenref.com/similartrianglesparts.htmlbut the difference in closeness depends on how far you normally are from the screen. If your head is normally 18" away from the 17.0" screen then for a 15.4" display to match it, the ratio of the distance to the diagonal would be the same at a distance of 15.4*18/17 = 16.3" or 1.7" closer.You can try it yourself, if you put yours and your wife's (I assume Retina 15") laptops side by side at the...
Is it possible to get a return flight from the UK to the US for under $265? Plus hotel fees if you have to stay over.I agree that the prices should be closer but the premium doesn't seem all that high. £1449-1499 vs £1599 would be nice but I think it's great that there's no longer the £160 extra for the 16GB upgrade. That's one of the best upgrades I've seen Apple do.The refurb prices are amazing too. Look at this one for £1189 with the Retina...
The Note 2 had a 5.5" screen:That has a 16:9 aspect so pretty much the exact size of a 5.5" iPhone display but the iPhone top and bottom bezels would be larger. It is a massive device:It works better for handbags than pockets.Not quite. Fat ass is derogatory, big booty can be beautiful e.g girl in the grey dress here:It does have the effect that larger proportioned women automatically think that means they qualify, check the comments below the...
Yeah, there are some pretty good deals to get there, as much as 37% off. The entry MBP is still $1999 with Iris Pro and you can get the 2013 model with the 650M for $1489 (32% off):http://store.apple.com/us/product/FE664LL/A/refurbished-154-inch-macBook-Pro-24ghz-Quad-core-Intel-i7-with-retina-DisplayIt doesn't have 16GB of RAM but you can get that for...
The mainstream size would outsell it by 10:1 just like with other manufacturers who sell phablets. The additional cost puts people off buying.http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/12/10/samsung-note-3-phablet-accounts-for-just-110-of-its-2013-premium-phone-sales
If you're using 8GB, that would max out the 8GB he has in his MBP. The 13" also uses some of the memory for the GPU, it's up to 1GB now. Still, it's important to remember that the new OSes deliberately try to make more use of RAM. The actual RAM used is the total minus the file cache and maybe some percentage less due to compression.If the Activity Monitor says your system has 8GB physical and amount used is say 9GB and the file cache is 4GB and you have integrated...
There are areas where an extra 1.6" can make a huge difference but I use the 'scale difference' part of the phrase to reiterate that the difference is solely in scale and not workspace. It was common for people to suggest that you could fit more on a 17" display. That's distinct from the 13" model for example that has a smaller workspace. I call it small because I think that difference in scale is small. You only have to sit closer by about 1.5" to get the exact same...