or Connect

Posts by Marvin

When a product is lacking in features (especially ones a buyer is used to), it's something that frustrates buyers so it's worth pointing out. In much the same way a lack of an optical drive was a talking point with the original Air. Having to carry around adaptors or external drives can really annoy some people and make or break a purchase. There is a USB C SD card reader here:http://www.amazon.com/quality-Macbook-Chromebook-supportted-devices/dp/B00WQHHHV0Someone who...
The reason for the lack of ports is down to the internal layout: The best they could have done is add another USB C port. The single port is capable of handling everything though as the following dock demonstrates: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kickshark/hydradock-11-port-usb-c-dock-for-apple-macbook That has: 1 — 3.5mm stereo headphone port 1 — Gigabit Ethernet port 1 — SDXC card slot 1 — Mini DisplayPort (up to 2,560 x 1,440 resolution, w/HDCP) 1 — HDMI...
I doubt people are going to drive all the way to that one store when they've been encouraged to buy online. Apparently there were only 6 stores worldwide stocking it:http://www.techradar.com/news/wearables/apple-watch-launch-line-april-24-1292098Even high launch numbers don't suggest there would be visible signs of high demand. If you were to assume 20 million units for the year and half in the US, that's 833k per month and per state roughly 16,666 units and per day just...
But gold filled or anodized gold aluminium would be fine. I wouldn't expect Apple to use gold plating either, that's likely the only option for after-market services.
I don't see how buying gold-plated vs solid gold is about taste and not income when the outward appearance is the same. It also doesn't have to be mixed with a lot of jewellery. A single gold wedding ring or a bracelet would mismatch a silver watch and vice versa:It's just nicer when they compliment each other:They already make gold colored products that don't use real gold. They could make one with the same material as the gold iPhone but polish it the way they do the...
People who are fashionable like to color-match items. The gold iPhone for example can match all of someone's gold jewellery and now the gold Macbook. All the same price as the other colors. The watch colors are different prices. If you had gold bracelets, rings and necklaces and a gold iPhone but were not very well-off, you can't get a gold colored watch to match everything else. 3rd party gold plating will likely solve this problem but I don't agree that having a $10k-17k...
The internet counts as an app. If app=application as in an activity then the internet counts, if app=application as in software then it's the browser/webkit. The mobile internet is one of the most important aspects of iOS. Even the App Store, which makes billions in revenue and supports thousands of developers is a cloud-based system.The iPhone and iPad both have activities and software that the devices are primarily used for - gaming and social networking/browsing. Gaming...
They hired some of the people from the external ad agency they used. The watch ones look similar to the other lifestyle ads they did before:I'm not sure when the transition happened though. Some of the ads that came before the switchover look similar to the ones after so I think the new ad team is either trying to continue the same style of ads or the people they hired are doing the same style they did before.I quite like this style of ad and I think it's hard for others...
It depends on when Skylake-H chips would be available. If they arrived in October, it would be unlikely that Apple would use them after updating the MBP in June with Broadwell. They'd just delay the update until 2016.Skylake is a much bigger improvement than Broadwell as the GPU moves to 72 cores. It also has DDR4 memory so laptops can get up to 32GB and higher bandwidth memory, which helps the iGPU. There's PCIe 4 too and TB3, double the bandwidth up to 5K display...
Like back when you wanted them to add bigger screens to the iPhones you mean?I think the communication side is important for the watch. It's a notifications device so what would be the harm in just being able to tap out a quick reply? It doesn't have to be a keyboard.