or Connect

Posts by Marvin

I think the design works pretty well as it is but it generates a fair bit of noise when the fan is going. Maybe a Mac Pro-like cylinder would work out ok. It wouldn't need a triangular heatsink but they could have the PSU at the base, a single 2.5" HDD in the middle so the cylinder diameter would be just larger than the width of a 2.5" HDD - just under 3" and the height would be just larger than the length - around 4". I'm not sure if the 3" fan would be as quiet as the...
Tim answered a question from one of the audience members who said that their surveys in the US continued to suggest the 5C wasn't selling as well as some expected, relatively. It's still an iPhone so it's still a compelling purchase over competing phones. Click listen to the audio webcast and skip to 42:00: http://investor.apple.com Tim's answer was comparing relative sales of the 5S to 5 and 5C to 4S. We don't know what the 4S sales were last year at this time, the 5...
I think it will produce better results overall too. The Unreal or Unity IDEs don't make people produce bad games because they are easier to use than developing your own game engine.Python, Ruby, PHP, Javascript are easier languages to use and learn than C. You don't have to think about memory allocations at all, they let you focus on the problem you want to solve. Speed optimization should be done by the compiler, programmers shouldn't have to constantly reinvent the...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5qalNX5G94#t=27I don't like the color choices as you've said. The white one is ok but the plastic still doesn't feel good. If they switched the MBP to plastic, it would be such a huge step back. Remember when they switched the white MB to the unibody metal, it was such a great move; it was like when poor people get randomly upgraded to first class tickets.Some reports said that the 5c felt like ceramic, it so doesn't. When you tap ceramic,...
One question I'd have is why are they promoting Macbook Airs when they only got a minor update? If there's to be Retina Macbook Airs coming, why promote the old model? Maybe there won't be another Air update this year. Haswell refresh for the MBP, a drop-in upgrade for the Mac Pro and that leaves the biggest Mac update for 2014 being the Retina iMac with Retina Thunderbolt displays and TB2. The bigger laptop updates might be pushed to next Summer for Broadwell as those...
There was a survey here ranking the 5C at 5th:http://www.counterpointresearch.com/top10may2014I can't see numbers for the survey but Apple said 5C sales were lower than expected so I think it's safe to say the 5C would have to be less than 1/3 the sales because higher than that would be fine.I wonder what will happen this time round with the 5C model. If all they have is the 4.7" metal phone and 4" plastic phone, that's going to suck. They didn't lower the iPhone 5 price...
There might be some photoshopping but makeup and lighting have a dramatic effect:http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/10/16/before-and-after-make-up-transformation-vadim-andreev_n_4106732.htmlThat's why women say they need to put their face on when they go to apply makeup, they're actually putting someone else's face on. In the following images, there's no photoshopping:That's just a compilation of photos taken in poor lighting, hair not done with no makeup and not posed...
This doesn't hold up in practise, Apple even specifically made a video to address this point:"If everyone is busy making everything, how can anyone perfect anything? We start to confuse convenience with joy, abundance with choice. Designing something requires focus. The first thing we ask: What do we want people to feel? Delight. Surprise. Love. Connection. Then we craft around our intention. It takes time. There are a thousand no’s for every yes. We simplify. We perfect....
That style of opening statement never ends well.There are nicer looking pictures of Susan Wagner: but she's an evil finance person like Icahn so it's a good idea to use the worst pictures of them whenever possible. Like this one where Icahn looks like he's just had a lobotomy and his nurse is telling him that his family has come to visit but he doesn't know what that means so he just smiles inanely:People always have a set of nice pictures with good lighting, good...
I don't really see the attitude of superiority you're describing nor that the forum has changed much over the years. As I've described before, a forum like this is like in sports where the team here has blue shirts and the other team, typically members of other forums, has green. If someone in the green shirt wanders over to the blue team's part of the stadium and starts talking about the merits of the other team, how do you expect them to react? Maybe at times the blue...