or Connect

Posts by Marvin

That's true but people can also only bid with what they already own. No matter if you have $100m or $1000, if it's everything you own that you are exchanging for something then it's the same sacrifice for the individual. If everyone in the world only had at most $10m, nobody would be able to offer $1b for anything on their own but it wouldn't prevent anything being sold, it would just expand the potential group of owners.If you took a random person off the street and put...
It's not that you shouldn't point them out, just not in the discussion thread. The authors don't all read the discussion and as you can see, it derails the discussion into not being about the article. Send the author an email:http://appleinsider.com/contact/Now, back to the more important topic of making wisecracks about Wang Dongling's name.
It would only have poor performance if the casing blocked the signal from the antenna. The antenna is encased in the plastic hinge, having the signal passing through the Apple logo does little to benefit it when the signals are bouncing all over the place. You can test it out, cover the Apple logo with anything that blocks the wifi and see if the signal drops out.Not that I'd rather they do away with the illuminated logo, it's cool, but that's all it is, it's not...
You might not be far off. I could see some 3rd parties coming up with a wrist battery that sits under the watch strap and would be a chain of battery packs with a USB plug. Like 6-7 of the following connected together:That would be enough to extend the lifespan about 3x. It would get in the way of the sensors but that wouldn't matter to everyone.I expect that Apple's watch would be able to exceed the Android watches in power efficiency but they are aiming for a less bulky...
Google should be a bit more lenient with larger companies. Releasing details of these exploits does more harm than good because it shows malicious attackers where to look for vulnerabilities that they might not be aware of. If Apple acknowledged that they were working on a fix and gave their own ETA, that should be enough. I'm sure Google wouldn't like it if Apple published exploits for Android systems that won't be updated for another... wait do Android systems get updates?
Wifi goes in the screen hinge:https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Unibody+Mid+2010+AirPort+Antenna+Replacement/6025That would push them into buying a MBP. An Air with a single USB port would be the Facebook, Office, browsing crowd. Lawyers, doctors, writers, actors, firemen, policemen, pilots, pretty much most people. There's not much reason to miss out TB anyway. The current MBA is 17mm thick. This looks like it's about 7.5-9.5mm thick depending on which iPad...
I would recommend buying right after the next one is released. I don't think it will be for a while yet though. The current model is not capable of handling external Retina displays. While you might not use these now, you probably will eventually and although it'll support 4K just now, the next model will handle higher than that giving more display options. Intel has released Haswell processors so the Mac Pro can be updated to have up to 14-core CPUs and there are AMD...
Revenue is an important factor. Although Imagination Technologies secures a lot of the business, they don't make a lot of income:http://www.imgtec.com/investors/AnnualReports/IMGAnnualReport2014.pdfApple only pays the license and builds the chips so Imagination only made £170m revenue last year with an operating loss despite 1.2 billion units sold. NVidia made $4.1b revenue with $440m net income. AMD's revenue is a bit higher at around $5b as they sell CPUs too but low net...
The logo is black in the photos just like the iPad. It might be shiny like the following image and just reflecting a black environment:but it looks like the illuminating logo is going away. It could be perforated metal like the sleep light and will still illuminate but they'd have noticed perforations. I would miss that feature too and it was nice for the decals:If they were slimming down the display part, they might have had to ditch the plastic. Too thin plastic would...
Venus surely.If you were in their position would you expect to justify your income to random people? The problem isn't with the people taking advantage of the system, it's a fundamental problem with the way wealth goes around. When we read about Apple taking 86% of the smartphone industry profits:http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/11/04/apple-continues-to-dominate-with-massive-86-share-of-handset-industry-profitsit's great from the point of view that Apple is doing well....