or Connect

Posts by Marvin

Oh yeah, didn't see that. Ok, so no photoshopping but the holes still look wrong.
The holes are wrong - Apple not only maintains symmetry with the top and bottom bezels but they properly space out the camera and earpiece. You can see the difference with the front facing camera placement in the Chinese knock-off Goophone and genuine iPhone 5S:Go to 0:07 in the first and 4:33 in the second and look at the spacing of the parts at the top. The Goophone 5 arrived before the iPhone...
The reason people want to try and revise history is that it hurts them too much to acknowledge Apple as the innovator behind the devices they currently use. No matter the facts that come to light, there's a bubble that people live in and they cycle the same phrases out every time. Their perception is that Apple just lucked into using a capacitive multi-touch display first along with all the supporting gestures and the LG Prada was evidence that phones would have ended up...
I think the 3G is a slow phone - it doesn't even support multitasking - and with iOS 4, only suitable for use as a basic phone. It's why it sells for $25 and why people give them away.http://www.cocoanetics.com/2012/08/softly-killing-iphone-3g/The 3GS is inexpensive now, there's no reason to use a 3G or earlier if you want a full iPhone experience. The 3G is fine as a basic phone but people shouldn't expect more than that.I've used both and the difference between the 3G...
He hasn't visited since January last year and before that post, it was another year or so.
They depend on Intel for updates to the Mac line and the iPhone/iPad line is best to be updated near Christmas.Intel tends to release new products around their IDF events in April and September so Apple's Mac updates usually follow those. This has started to push new products into the 2nd half of the year.Last year, there were no updates until June. Intel is bringing Haswell refresh in April so there might be a refresh of the laptops early. The MBPs I'd expect with Haswell...
I think there's still the possibility they are moving production back to their US factory. They sell roughly the same unit volume as the Mac Pro so what they can do is stagger the release of both models 6 months apart. When Mac Pro demand dies down, they ramp up the Mini units and vice versa. The Mac Pro is still at 4-6 week turnaround though so they can't ramp up the Mini until that gets cleared.I also think it would be a good idea to consolidate into a single Mini model...
Someone like me or me?Apple discontinues support for older phones like the 3G and eventually the apps stop being compatible. That's why used models are as low as $25 on eBay.The 3G is pretty much obsolete being stuck with iOS version 4. The minimum for a good iPhone experience is the 3GS and that can be bought for under $50. Even the iPhone 4 is under $100.My recommendation with the 3G is to use it as a basic phone, throw it away or sell it on eBay for $25 and put $25...
The bands aren't large. Here's a ladies watch:Also, what's the point in powering a display on both sides of your wrist when you can only see one side at a time?The watch used to be an essential accessory for people to know what time it was but it has become an item of jewellery and people like to personalize it with different straps made of gold and silver metal, chains of different styles, black, brown, white leather.A large band that goes all the way round is like what...
Yes, that's the whole point with Square. If people were willing to get rid of the add-ons, they'd already use Paypal or similar. The bottom line is that people keep their money in banks (or use credit supplied by them) and it's the banks that want you to process the payments using cards whether it's online or physically. Every payment system that comes along will have to build on top of the mechanism the banks use to take the money out of the bank. An Apple mobile payments...