or Connect

Posts by Marvin

Won't the box depend on the strap type? The leather and sport bands would be flat but the link bracelet was unboxed attached to a cylinder.
I reckon they don't want to deal with water damage of any kind so this gives them an easy way to never deal with it, even if damage only happened in a small amount of cases. It's probably more likely to let water in when you press the buttons in. Would Apple gain much by saying it's waterproof? More people would then just start using it in the water, including the gold one. The people that are adventurous enough will use it in water anyway.It's only $350 and it didn't...
It looks like a user-submitted change:"both were apparently added through Google Map Maker, a feature that lets users contribute to maps by adding useful details such as street names, parks, and places of interest. Information added through Google Map Maker is ostensibly moderated, but in this case, it seems, quite a lot has slipped through the net."Google clearly reviews Maps as well as they review Apps. I doubt anyone will be fired over it. User pranks are going to...
They're going round instead, although Samsung's will likely be Tizen not Android:http://www.samsungmobilepress.com/2015/04/24/Samsung-to-Release-SDK-for-Next-Generation-GearI like how they say 7th generation like that's an achievement, it only came out late 2013. I wonder if Samsung will go all-in round or stick with both shapes to see which consumers prefer.
It's all down to the upgrade cycle. Mac Pros retain their value better because of the slow upgrade cycle. If upgrades come every year then depreciation rates should be similar to Macs/iPhones (about 25% per year or so).I think it would drop a little more because the choice would be between a 3 year old Sport model for ~$200 and a brand new one with new straps and warranty for $350.There's no way these are going to appreciate in value. They'll have a brand new gold model in...
Very nicely done ads. They show up some useful features, the most important I'd say are directions on the wrist, payments/unlocking doors and fitness tracking. Some of the other features, they did what Microsoft do, which is cut away before following up on the usage and padding the scenes with people just wearing the watch without using it at all. When the person scribbled out 'hi', what is the response going to be? He can't just say 'hi' back and leave it at that. They...
It looks like desktop Broadwell chips will be available in June:http://wccftech.com/intels-5th-generation-unlocked-broadwell-desktop-socketed-processors-arrive-mid2015/https://www.computextaipei.com.tw (June 2-6)There's a slide here with the mobile Broadwell quad-cores:http://s8.postimg.org/4ui02ccit/New5th_Gen_Quads.jpgApple uses the i7-4770HQ, i7-4870HQ, i7-4980HQ just now. There will be i7-5700HQ, i7-5750HQ, i7-5850HQ, i7-5950HQ.It doesn't make sense to even bother with...
I'd say it's to load software on, possibly through a special induction connector given that it's screwed shut on the inside. Every product they make has an external port to be able to load the operating system on. They could install software onto a chip and then assemble the product and seal it up and use a wireless transfer but if something went wrong or they needed to apply a firmware update, wireless transfer might lock them out and they'd have to disassemble the...
It's got nothing to do with censorship, it's about civilised discussion. You weren't attacking Apple, you were directing your attacks at members of the forum. As I said already, people are free to share different opinions as long as they expressed politely.
The following statements have nothing to do with any arguments people made:Every now and again people pop up who claim to be more rational than everyone else and start throwing around insults like these, speaking down to everyone. The offensiveness has nothing to do with you opposing Apple. It's making out that everyone is somehow deluded and you're here to tell everyone the truth, which is usually some baseless statement that is never addressed in favor of telling...