or Connect

Posts by Marvin

As long as PC guy doesn't mention that other one-line of code SSL bug that Apple had a short while ago.There are advantages to both closed and open routes but open sourcing everything won't always come out with the best result:http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/heartbleed-bug-millions-android-smartphones-tablets-risk-1444175
As soon as I saw the iwatch concept with the circular face back in this thread:http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/159351/inside-samsungs-galaxy-note-3-gear-media-blitz-in-times-square/40#post_2390343it looked like the better way to go. When the circular display is shown next to the rectangular displays in the Moto video, the rectangular ones just look completely the wrong design. The Moto design looks much better and so it should being designed on a Mac (you can see the MBP...
I don't think anyone claimed that Apple needed to buy them but to prove that would require proving that they couldn't replicate what Square has and nobody outside of Apple knows that. Similarly though, you couldn't say they don't need them as you couldn't prove they could replicate what Square currently has even if that's just securing the business contracts they already have such as with Starbucks.The best we could assess is whether it would be a beneficial purchase and...
That is typically what they do but mainly they do things that buyers respect. Do people really respect luxury mobile phones? They are seen as gaudy and tacky. Swiss watches on the other hand are highly respected by people who can afford them and people who can't.Also, there's an accessible price range that would still be considered high. A $2000 laptop is pretty expensive but accessible to millions.There are a couple of problems with the whole watch idea for Apple in that...
The Apple products would be these:http://appleinsider.com/articles/09/11/03/exclusive_look_at_apples_new_ipod_touch_based_easypay_checkout"the system has drawn complaints from employees about software crashes, sluggish operation and the need to frequently reboot.Customers have also complained about Apple's check-out method, saying that it's confusing to make a purchase without a conspicuous, well-identified POS counter or waiting...
That would be closer to a fact than a rumour and therefore has no place on the internet. I don't think we should be set on 4" though. It's the device form factor that's the main thing. Some want 4", others want 4.7", the average between those is 4.35" and that fits in the current form factor. It won't satisfy everyone but then what does? It would be a new design and allow easy one-handed use. A 4.7" would be like the S3 here:A few of them have to balance it at the tips of...
But they are spending that because they generate so much revenue now that they don't know what to do with it. They already spent $12b on a stock buyback. They just blew through that in a couple of weeks and it did nothing for them. This kind of acquisition would cost less than their buyback and it generates massive amounts of growing revenue. It's also a marketing opportunity. Imagine every stand in every store with an Apple logo embossed on the back staring at every...
I definitely think Apple could squeeze better performance per dollar and per watt out of ARM but I think it would have to be a significant amount for it to be worth the headache of implementing some binary translation for compatibility with existing software and getting iOS software to work properly. Remember, iOS software isn't designed to be scalable, isn't designed to use external displays the same way, some software is designed with multiple inputs in mind, some for...
The Mac Pro is good for revenue and margins, not unit volume. A good turnout for the Mac Pro would be ~200k units but that's in amongst ~5 million Macs.Desktops are dropping, laptops are increasing. Apple is at over 75% laptops now on the Mac side. If they had a cheaper $799 laptop, that would boost their numbers a bit but it might not have much effect on profit.
That's what I was thinking. There wasn't really any reason to avoid updating the Mini. It doesn't sell in very large volumes so what's the point? It works for people who want a quad-i7 to avoid buying an iMac that is over 2x the price but that's bad for Apple.Some justification for the Mini is that it lets people who have a display and peripherals buy a Mac cheaply but the low unit volumes suggest people aren't going that route anyway. It's around 3% of Apple's Mac...