or Connect

Posts by Marvin

I thought the music was nice and very appropriate. The full version is here:https://soundcloud.com/kiamrecords/jennifer-oconnor-when-i-grow-upThe ad series is about empowerment and the lyrics fit that theme:"When I grow upI’ll be the heroOf my story bookI’ll start at zeroAnd rise and fallAnd rise and fall againMy head, my heartI’ll fly into the windWhen I grow upThe sun will greet meAnd every dayI’ll meet it completelyI’ll catch each wave and swim until I’m tiredI’ll...
How else could it be done? There were two pages of posts removed, it's not possible to detail each and every off-topic post and describing them just resurrects the off-topic subjects. When you leave garbage out and come back later to find it gone, do you wonder who it was that stole your garbage?You know too much, it goes all the way to the top.
Here's the ad: I think Siri is trying to make sure they don't go to the party so she says it's invitation-only. The guy had already asked for directions so when the guy pill says 'just tell me', I gather he means to just tell him the directions, to which Siri pretends to ignore him saying 'sorry, I didn't get that'. Not funny and not a good quality ad. I think the Beats partnership will be good but this is not the way to leave a good first impression after spending...
It would be good if there was a way for the back of the screen to let you make these digitally so you didn't have to stick with just one design. The black Apple logo on the iPad at the end there looks good enough but a lit up white Apple logo contrasts with the black decals. I'm not sure if the iPad would look better with a white logo though. I thought the Mini should have had a white logo when it went to metal but the black was the better choice...
This sort of thing is more likely to be exploited by government agencies but if it's easy enough to setup, I could see it being used by inexpensive USB webcams, card readers and storage pens and other things that would come from China on eBay or Amazon. Malware authors these days just want to get click revenue. They don't need to snoop on users or anything like that, the following person made millions from infecting Android devices and harvesting email addresses to invite...
You can change the sizes in the bbcode editor, maybe if you switch to source in the rich text editor.
Apology accepted.Indirect correlation. You're cherry picking where the stock follows profit growth, there are lots of other times it doesn't. Explain why AAPL has dropped from 99 to 96 just now. Explain why in August 2008, just after Apple reported record earnings in July 2008 with revenue up 38%, income up over 30%, their stock price collapsed from $25 to under $14, it took a year to go back...
That's an indirect correlation. It's not consistent.'if the market believes' = speculationI think you'd have difficulty proving that. If it was so predictable, computerized traders wouldn't have to use any tricks to profit, they'd simply plug in earnings results to their algorithms and profit all the time. This doesn't happen.For you to reach the conclusion that the stock market is rational, you'd have to determine that the people and computers trading on it are for the...
'Present value of future cash flow' = speculation. All stocks are evaluated the same way. Apple's consistently strong income is at least a firmer basis for a valuation but there's no direct correlation between earnings amounts and valuation amounts. Your last graph shows this, the curves are at times moving in opposite directions. Why does ~$30b net income per year lead to a $588b valuation? If Apple makes $30b net income per year for the next 100 years, why is their...
That's the exception though. When you have machines shipping by default with HDDs, it becomes a crutch that people lean on because it's there. You also shouldn't need 1TB external, just the difference between the internal and external. You might for example pick up the $1199 13" Air with 256GB and then add a $235 480GB SSD with a $15 enclosure, $1449 total, that's still $300 more than the 1TB HDD MBP with less storage but the drive performance and reliability is much...