or Connect

Posts by Marvin

There are some images and videos of the building here: http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_26425241/apple-iphone-event-sept-9-building-secret-cupertino http://photos.mercurynews.com/2014/08/28/photos-apple-builds-a-top-secret-building-at-the-flint-center-at-de-anza-college Given that it's protected by security, it can't be something trivial like a sound stage or an after-show party area. They probably won't ship actual Apple products until very close to the event but...
I'm sure they've coincided some Mac updates with the September event before but if they decide to do it, I expect a Mini update to be something minor. They had a Mac and iPad event last October so they might choose to do the same this year.
I think the smartwatches that have been released so far have demonstrated that the market appeal is small if they are built a certain way. A wearable that is designed nicely with an always-on data connection would have more appeal.iBeacons for example would be annoying if you walk near a store, get a notification and have to pull the phone out of your pocket but glancing at a watch is easier. Paying for things would be easier with a watch too as well as directions. If you...
That's what some people like to believe but it's not true with newer models.Not for the Air any more so than the 13" rMBP. The 15" rMBP is significantly more powerful but the Air and 13" rMBP are very close.The Air CPU is 2-core / 4-thread, same as the 13" rMBP:Air CPU (up to 2.7GHz):http://ark.intel.com/products/75030/Intel-Core-i5-4260U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-2_70-GHz13" rMBP CPU (up to...
HTC took design cues from the iPhone 5 too, the HTC One was plastic before the iPhone 5 introduced metal.Concerning the bands, the same comments were made about the two-tone look of the iPhone 5 in the leaks. It turned out ok. Gold with have gold bands, silver will have silver bands and black will have black, like with the black iPad mini:
Having read/write access to an enclave makes it more vulnerable, which is why the fingerprint one has no external access. However, storing payment data on the filesystem can potentially allow software that breaks out of a sandbox direct read access to it, even if it's encrypted. An enclave can be physically shut off from the OS when it's not being used for NFC or some other protocol. It makes sense to have an enclave for payment data but I'd expect it to be separate from...
They have a lot of staff too that keeps expanding. They need to ensure the media knows when to applaud and laugh so it's good to have staff to kick it off at the right times. They've done events with too many media people at smaller venues and they don't respond to the jokes the same.
It is overused but I suppose it's the most appropriate word because the synonyms more strongly imply doubt. If they're getting anonymous tips, they don't want to go round saying things to the effect of 'this nut sent us a leak, we don't believe it but here it is anyway' and that's implied if they used allegedly. The word alleged is used more to describe people who have allegedly committed a crime but we assume not until it's proven. Purport comes across as less...
The 13" Air with the $100 8GB RAM upgrade is close to the MBP. The clock speed is irrelevant as they dynamically overclock. The raw performance is here:http://browser.primatelabs.com/mac-benchmarksThe MBP is 6620, the Air is 5304, just under 25% faster, the GPU is about the same increase, which you wouldn't notice. The Retina display is better but performance-wise, you wouldn't tell the difference side by side.
It would take so much effort to wire all that up, every light switch, every device with custom controllers. What needs to come first is for home product and appliance manufacturers to bundle wireless controllers already so that eventually, they'll all just work under an automated system. For someone to take a completely standard house and overhaul it would be far too much for someone to undertake. Ozzy Osbourne had his house done and the results are here:Some reports said...