or Connect

Posts by Marvin

There's some kind of a market in audio for companies who have failed to sell smartphones (like Sony), they'll take what they can get. Apple is so busy selling smartphones, there's no point in giving attention to devices much fewer people are buying. I don't know what Sony is thinking bringing out an audio player at $1199:http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2015/01/07/return-of-the-media-mp3-player/http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/5/7493145/new-sony-walkman-zx2-ces-2015The...
They aren't all published in the App Store, that's just registered developers, the above numbers are devs who'd be getting a cut of the revenue. There are only 1.2m apps so it could be the other 8m or so registered devs are just learning to code. There's some data here from 2012 showing a breakdown of how many apps developers are making:http://www.quora.com/How-many-developers-companies-have-submitted-an-app-to-the-iOS-App-Store-or-Android-MarketIt said 37% had a single...
It still appears to be a minority though, which presents a problem because a minority out of 1.6 billion is still a lot. It could be that 20% (320m people) have more extreme views and 80% (1.28b people) don't. How can you effectively separate one from the other? When a more extreme minority like that is more than the population of the US, it's a very difficult problem to deal with because the other 1.28b don't deserve to be treated the same way.Polls aren't quite factual...
I believe the Apple Watch is the new iPod and will play music wirelessly. Streaming would be a problem with it for now though because it has no networking except for being paired with the iPhone. It will have quite limited storage too. I'm sure I saw a Beats icon in one of the Watch demos or marketing images but I might be mistaken.iPods last year made $2.3b on 14m units, which is down nearly half since last year. iPhones outsell them somewhere like 20:1.I reckon they'll...
He wants a Macbook Pro at the price of a Macbook Air with the performance of a Mac Pro.
It's like Slurpy pointed out earlier, 1.6 billion Muslims shouldn't have to apologise or weigh in on the actions of extremists who don't represent them. If someone of any grouping (ethnicity, religion, sexuality) commits an atrocity, people use word association to link the atrocity to that grouping, especially if it happens frequently but the assumptions made for the link have to be justified. If someone kills wrongly in the name of a country, should the people of that...
There was a survey done here that suggested the bottom 80% of apps make 3% of the revenue:http://daveaddey.com/?p=893These are not accurate graphs as they are just random samplings of developers who have apps in the store but all the reports say roughly the same thing. The following article says 2/3 of all apps aren't downloaded at all, which would explain the low revenue...
"If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in...
They made $6b in accessory sales in 2014, which should include about 8-10m $99 Apple TVs and a bunch of $99-199 Airport routers. Say it's $4b for the $999 displays, that's about 4m units between 18.9m Macs. I'd expect them to make up a good portion of the sales considering 75% of all Mac sales are laptops and most are Airs.None of the ports would work on the display.One possibility is that they are making an entry-level Retina model based on ARM to take on Chromebooks that...
The efficiency of inductive power is reported as being 70-85%. If they have a 7.5W chip and smaller battery as a result, it'll still take less overall power to charge and they won't need to have a fixed size port on the outside.