or Connect

Posts by Marvin

Hmm, he does look like Michael Keaton. I was thinking more the Joker:Perhaps the villain and the hero are not so...
I like the idea and I do think that's the best way to change other people's perception of it. Most of the women would probably want to avoid it seeming like they are promoting sharing explicit imagery of themselves but even that didn't affect Madonna more than 10 years ago ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_(book) ) - nobody really thinks any less of her for it. It needs a certain personality to pull something like that off though. At the very least, they shouldn't feel...
Half a bodybuilder anyway, the bodybuilder at the link said he was using half his strength. There was a followup bend done in the street, like it's a travelling act now. Look out David Blane or whoever is doing the street magic rounds these days: It looked fairly easy to bend if you hit the right points. I could see how an accidental hard impact at the right point could skew the device. Gradual bending might cause a warp for some people. Until there are lots of people...
I think it's the kind of vulnerability that comes close to what's being shown in the game Watch Dogs:Everything in the city runs on a central operating system ctOS so being able to exploit vulnerabilities offers a lot of options - unlocking cars, hacking phones, ATMs, doors, surveillance cameras, construction equipment, alarms, servers, laptops, power grids and so on using just a smartphone. The entire world runs on essentially Windows and Unix variants.The more that...
There's a solution to that problem that might benefit everyone.
Physics calculations are run on the CPU, the iPhone has a dual-core, the others tend to have quad-cores. If you have a racing game, your virtual car has to have speed, mass, collision calculations, direction vectors, rebound force, roll calculations and so on. The iPhone 6 CPU holds up pretty well in Geekbench though so it must be better at some kinds of calculations than others. There's an interesting article on the 3DMark site about...
I think most of the blame for linking to iCloud was the original uploader. When they uploaded it they described how they used iCloud logins. There's a pretty in-depth article about the events here:http://www.businessinsider.com/originalguy-the-icloud-hacker-who-leaked-naked-celebrity-photos-2014-9It says it was multiple people over a period of months. The mention of iCloud was in response to someone asking how to exploit that particular service. It says that about 30% of...
The code is setting the shell variable x to a function, it's just an empty one here, which is what the brackets are. The flaw is that it executes code that follows it rather than ignoring it or raising an error.I expect the reason nobody noticed it years ago is that very few people will assign functions to shell variables and if they did, they wouldn't write them wrongly on purpose. There was one guy assigned to look after the bash project and he might have been doing this...
Yes but that's always a concern because not everyone updates their servers quickly enough when vulnerabilities are found. There is a PCI DSS standard that some servers are expected to comply with that helps ensure they are secure but they check known vulnerabilities and the compliance isn't required to be daily - it wouldn't be feasible.Imagine that this kind of bug is discovered by a hacker who has been constantly looking for exploits, they won't tell anyone. They will...
If it gets Iris Pro graphics, that would be enough to qualify as iMac specs. The same chip as the entry 15" MBP will rival the highest iMac for CPU performance and even the 750M for GPU performance. It would be like the $1699 iMac with 3.1GHz i7 plus 1GB 750M but for around $799.