or Connect

Posts by Marvin

Same amount of stuff a guy takes when moving house. Handy though when you need the most random of objects.Now with phablets, they have a spare dinner tray.It's hard to say because the orders are capped by the production limits - the preorders sell out. They only have so much capacity to make the phones. If they started production around July, that gave them a 2 month lead time. Their highest quarterly volume was around 50m iPhones. With a 2 month lead time, they might be...
It might have enough bandwidth for 5K but it's pushing it to the limit.5120x2880 x 24bpp x 60Hz = 21.2GbpsThunderbolt 2 has ~20Gbps. The displayport 1.3 standard supports up to 8K. Some Macs had a passthrough mode on the port to support higher resolutions but this means the port can't be used for anything else.Some parts of the display industry want to push forward to 8K (7680x4320 = 48Gbps).The problem is sending uncompressed data over the wire. It can be compressed like...
That's something odd about the launch because the watches all seem to be running a pre-made demo loop. This guy had a tough time undoing the magnetic clasp:One of the hands-on demos managed to get what looks like an Apple employee to show it off and the software looks terrible (his demo starts about 0:35):The UI was lagging when he panned and scrolled apps, the crown zoom was choppy, it wan't responding well to gestures, it shut the screen off too quickly and when he...
It seems to depend on iCloud settings if it auto-downloads. I didn't get it on any device as I don't use iCloud at all. I'd use iCloud if I could configure it to auto-download nude celebs, it took ages finding those and sorting duplicates is a nightmare. I suspect most people will have to search for it on the store manually and download it. I checked it out that way and didn't bother.I have a few U2 songs but the latest ones don't really have a mix of lyrics and melody...
Yeah, a few people do actually, they just send a PM to shut their account. I suppose it's like suicide by cop. They don't have the willpower to take action themselves. There was a time when I'd try talking them out of it but meh.$60-80 apparently:http://www.dailytech.com/Teslas+Battery+Swap+Only+Takes+90+Seconds+Costs+6080/article31810.htmhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_station"Elon Musk said the battery swapping service would be offered for the price of about 15 US...
Q: Where are the stars?A: In space.Astronaut: I'm going up into space.Benjamin Frost: Don't go, you'll hit a star.Astronaut: No I won't, the stars are also in space and spaced out.Stars ≠ space.Here's the science:Whether people think space is not black is irrelevant, nobody has said it's grey, which is really the fundamental problem. It would be like if I named a color 'grass purple'. Grass isn't purple. Space isn't grey.I like it when apathy is an achievement. When...
It mentioned a 27" iMac too though. I'm not sure when the cutoff point is for describing a model as "mid". October seems to be "late" so it does seem as though there was an unexpected delay but it might not have been Intel. They went with Haswell refresh for the Air and MBP. I think the Retina display in the iMac will cause problems as it's the highest resolution display they've ever produced and has to be laminated to the glass with an anti-glare coating. Getting hardware...
He asked to have his account blocked so he won't be able to answer that. I'd say the main revolution in electric vehicles would be just getting the charging times down but that's why there's research in super capacitors and these are also usable for mobile devices. Energy storage units should discharge slowly and charge extremely quickly. Tesla's main achievement so far has been making an electric car company viable. They almost didn't manage that but it looks sustainable...
Analysts said the same about the iPad. I imagine people sitting in offices with a derp face just thinking up whatever high price and unit volume they want and getting all excited by how rich they can potentially become by betting on other people's work.These Apple watches are mass-produced electronics, everyone will look the same with them. Swatch has something like 1,000 models of watch with different faces, shapes, styles, materials. Apple has different digital faces but...
This could be good and bad. Nobody talked much about the iPad yet it turned out very well but if people aren't talking about the possibilities, they could also be things people don't want. The rumors have included TV, car, home so it would have to be something else. Boat maybe? The statement is too open-ended. I'll wait until after they do something.I kind of like that they keep Steve's office as it was. I always have mixed feelings about them doing things like that...