or Connect

Posts by Marvin

It would just be the champagne gold color of the iPhone not bling gold:I'm not a fan of the space grey iPhone, I preferred the original black version:I like the current MBP color for use in a laptop and is close to space grey already:I don't know why they call it space grey either, space is black. Space is in fact about as black as you can get given that it's black due to a complete absence of light reflecting off anything. Moon grey would be more appropriate.The moon is...
Not quite, it doesn't generate enough heat to warrant a fan. It's like how an iPad works. 4.5W is in the same region as an iPad. They can have a non-mechanical fan too. I doubt they'd downgrade it significantly, the Iris Pro in the rMBP was upgraded with a custom TDP. I'd expect the same from the Air. Having a 4.5W TDP leaves a lot of room for increasing performance.That's why I was saying the 13" rMBP would be the best option at the moment. It's the most powerful model,...
You don't perhaps have anything that might be interfering with your wifi such as a baby monitor or other wireless device? Have you tried adjusting the wifi channels: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3900962?tstart=0
I'd say more Casio than Cartier:The way the strap attaches, the roundness of the rectangular shape (Cartier has sharper corners), the buttons, the highlights. It's somewhere between the two anyway and IMO it should be trying to compete with the Cartier for wrist space but easily falls short.It wouldn't be a full iPhone, it has no keyboard so it can never be the same experience as the phone - no mobile browsing, no typing documents. This would be a personal assistant where...
He's a VP of marketing, Phil is the SVP of marketing who Joswiak reports to directly so it's possible but Phil is only 54 and I doubt Joswiak is much younger. I think there's some hair dye going on there. He's not as much fun as Phil, I wouldn't like to see Phil go:Some people have wondered in the past why this Re/Code keeps getting all these Apple exclusives. It's the same guys from AllThingsD/Wall Street Journal - Mossberg and Swisher. Mossberg left WSJ.
The Mac event they had last year was October 22nd so I expect they'll have something similar. The Air's last refresh will have been about 6 months back when that event comes round and was just a CPU bump. Intel has launched their Core M chips, the TDP is 4.5 Watts vs the current Air's 15W:http://ark.intel.com/products/family/83613/Intel-Core-M-Processors#@MobileWhat's really impressive is that they score 2.48 in...
They did a good job with the bands and I agree if it had been round, it would have been different but the crown button has to go too, it's not symmetric. That site you linked to shows an Omega watch next to the Apple Watch: The round clock face looks silly on the square display, in a round peg square hole way. Such a small tweak but such a huge difference in appearance.Moto 360 has been selling out within hours of the launch - they might have had a limited production run...
The Apple Watch doesn't do much more than analog watches without the smartphone. You can't use Siri without the phone so no texting, no email, no notifications, no FaceTime, no still camera, no video camera, no GPS, no movies or TV shows, no voicemail, no internet, no maps.On its own, it has the clock, can play music, has an alarm, maybe a calculator, it has some apps, I doubt any worthwhile games.I thought it looked a bit feminine but there's a couple of designs that look...
I'm disappointed that optical image stabilisation isn't in the smaller model but you can probably hold the smaller one steadier. We'll see what benefit there is in the photos when they are reviewed.I don't think the resolution matters at all. Retina displays mean you can't see the pixels so it wouldn't matter being 1080p or 4K, you can't see the pixels. They could probably have gotten away with 720p as it would be 320PPI, about the same as the iPhone 4 Retina display.
But the irony is they're still copying Apple with their ads.I also think there's more to this below the surface. As consumers on the outside, we see the launch events and component leaks but Apple and Samsung develop products for years. Apple said the watch has been years in development. They buy components from the likes of Samsung, LG and so on. In order to make a first prototype, Apple has to order parts from LG or Samsung. Say that Apple orders a 1-2" display or...