or Connect

Posts by Marvin

First and foremost, people buy a watch because it looks good, people are going to see it on your wrist frequently. People spend thousands of dollars on watches that do nothing more than tell the time so doing a lot of things is not critical. It needs to look good as a watch, be customisable enough and perform a few important functions well.The Moto 360 isn't perfect - the battery life should be longer, it would be better with no cutout in the display and it could do with...
It could have even been capacitive. If they had a circular chamfered edge, they could have a wire round it internally or some other sensor and you'd just swivel your fingers round the edge of the face. The LG G Watch has a physical dial round the edge though it's probably static. They could have gone that route but the physical dial is seen more on men's watches so it limits the appeal.They could even have just put a capacitive strip on the larger button at the bottom and...
This one hurts my ears. Please don't do that again new Apple ad team.
One of the conditions for getting the free album was signing up to iTunes before October 13th. They already have 500m users but say they sign up 50m more users and monetize them by $1 each, that could cover what they paid to U2. As people said, even their best album sales are no more than 25m copies and they won't need to cover anywhere near that. Most likely the sum wasn't above $100m. Like Tim said, he's a good negotiator. He's not good at improvised stage shows though -...
That's true and that's going to affect sales of this watch too. Say that 10% of compatible iPhone owners buy one, that's ~30m sales for the entire year = 6% extra revenue. Not worth bothering about. I also doubt that 10% will get one.http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2335363/moto-360-smartwatch-will-pair-with-all-devices-running-android-43-and-above"Wicks went on to talk about the Moto 360's circular design, and said that the design team decided to give people what...
The slide over the button wouldn't mirror the screen movement exactly, it would be a ratio of the movement and doesn't need to be precise but I don't like the idea of moving the finger to the home button every time anyway. I'd rather it was a gesture up where you wanted to reach. They use slide in from the left to go back. If they aren't using slide in from the right (maybe in a downward arc), perhaps that can be used to pull the top down and the amount would be how much...
If protecting against leaks was the reason, it's understandable but these kind of products are good as gifts. Now people have seen Apple's offering, seen that it's not great and competing watches are cheaper so by the time this gets round to launching, people looking for a smartwatch will already have one.
The iPods will likely be refreshed in October along with the iPads.
I don't get why they'd go with double-tap to bring the screen down to halfway. Surely dragging the finger down over the button would allow them to pull the screen down as you drag so that you could leave it at the height you wanted and give visual feedback. It's not an optimal solution either way as it's far too time-consuming to do that every single time you need to reach the top of the display and accidentally going home or opening multi-tasking is going to be...
Just making a gold version of something doesn't make it attractive. Square digital watches are tacky looking. This is like a $350 Casio watch. There's nothing about the shape to glint in the light.I never thought I'd see the day Apple was outdone in style, availability and price by the likes of Motorola:What's the deal with the physical dial? This is horrendous. Can you imagine panning something then grabbing the dial and twisting in and out? It's so unintuitive. And why...