or Connect

Posts by Marvin

If the laptop is plugged into power then they can probably leave the wireless components in the laptop powered up. If they did it while the laptop was on battery, it would reduce standby time. I think clamshell mode only works on power anyway so I could see the power button functioning in that mode as long as the keyboard was paired with the machine.Yeah they are black letters on white, white letters on white would reduce visibility in lighter environments. Even on the...
He's the only one that can afford it, the rest spent their money on fancy cars and houses. In all seriousness, they're all ridiculously wealthy, Tim Cook has something like $400 million. Mansfield has $38 million from stock sales alone and makes $2m per month. Eddy Cue and Jeff Williams (Camry guy) have made over $24m in just 2014. Even so, Tim seems to be wearing the stainless steel one with the sport rubber band. Bling isn't a consequence of being rich, you have to have...
I'd say there's evidence of them manipulating results that is ongoing. If you Google for: "the app store" in quotes, which means you are searching for that exact phrase, Google's Play Store is high up in the results. If you check the Play Store page, that phrase doesn't appear anywhere. The Chrome Store is high up too. Microsoft's store and Amazon's appear but further down. If you search for "angry birds", look at whose results come up first. Search for "email", up comes...
Not everyone could know it's lit by the display backlight and essentially just a hole. If you shine a light at the back, it affects the display:Some of the backlight is being lost out the logo too. I like the feature but it's plastic and they seem to have tried to get rid of plastic. No plastic hinge, no plastic logo. It's really just the keyboard keys left as plastic and they wanted to switch them for some kind of stone at one point but then they'd be cold to press.They...
It has to do real-time encoding of the video for the stream on the GPU. It could be that driving the high-res display and doing 720p real-time encoding was too taxing on the 5300 GPU. They'd be able to offer a Skylake update at the end of the year with a faster GPU and that can possibly have a 720p camera along with a faster USB C port.
This is also a rare occasion that we knew it was coming well in advance, the following is from over a year ago:http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/161662/apples-new-trackpad-patent-replaces-click-button-with-force-sensors-adds-tactile-feedback
I don't think they have an option to go with AMD as it looks like AMD just does integrated chips at that level so if they bother including a dedicated GPU at all, I'd expect the NVidia 950M, which hasn't improved much over the 850M but is about double the 750M in the current Macbook Pro. However, I reckon dedicated GPUs are no more for Apple's laptops. The Iris Pro 7200 in Skylake should be about 80% faster than the 5200 and with 16GB of RAM minimum, they can allow it to...
You live in a very warm country, could it be that the heat and humidity has damaged the rubber seal round the edge? If it's sticky, there must be some glue melting or the rubber is deteriorating with the heat. This might have happened by leaving it in direct sunlight.
The 11" Air and 12" MB have the roughly the same size of battery - 38Wh and 39.7Wh respectively. For the 11" Air to reach 9 hours of use, it can only average 4.2W of power draw for everything including the display so even though it has a ~15W CPU, for web browsing, it's not operating anywhere near the peak power usage. The main advantage to the Core M is that even at its peak, it's still low enough power draw to operate with passive cooling. It should be able to maintain a...
Multi-input applications like the iPad keyboard would be a bit trickier with just a single haptic unit. If you pressed 2 keys in close timing to each other, it would have to be able to click twice quickly so it didn't seem unnatural. The software keyboard can also be oriented 4 ways so the position of the motor would be important and might make the sensation feel different depending on the orientation.It also couldn't push the vibration on the back of the display panel...