or Connect

Posts by Marvin

It wouldn't have touch id or the better camera and it would have older spec internals. I wonder what makes the price difference so large between the iPhone and iPod.Why is a 16GB iPod Touch with A5 $199 but a 16GB iPhone 5C with A6 $549? The iPod is metal, the 5C is plastic so it can't be the material cost.The difference are A5 -> A6; 5MP camera -> 8MP camera; cellular antenna. That adds $350 to the price.The fact is, people aren't buying iPods in large numbers any more....
I would like to see the iPods discontinued and replaced by a cheaper iPhone. The image that links into this article is the following: I think that style looks great and I wish that was what the iPhone 5C had been.
I know they're for the antenna but I don't see why it would have to be made in a loop. There are metal cases for the iPhone that have a flat metal back and they just leave a plastic bit around the rim. Why not just leave the separation around the rim without splitting the back face too? Or they can go the other way with just the horizontal lines but not the ones round the rim.
If they have a bigger one, I don't see why they'd delay it. These are all still mockups though like people made for the iPhone 5:They are mockups, not made by Apple. If this is the design though, I'd like them to get rid of the horizontal bars and move the camera down:I don't see the need for the horizontal lines. One of the people with the mockups said the lines are actually painted onto the mockups. They look like plastic in the videos but I suppose paint could look like...
i wonder if that design with the silver and gold would be possible but without the splits in the middle. The iPhone has a unibody design so the sides would attach to the middle portion but perhaps they can put the antenna bands round the outside like this:That would save having the horizontal splits. I was thinking the design choice might be down to getting the tolerances right for the camera hole. They said before they matched multiple parts to get the fitting right. This...
This is exactly why Apple says they don't rely on market research before they launch a major product because people have no idea what the product will be like. Buyers make a value judgement when they have all of the details. Before they have those details, they are imagining what the product will be and that is biased in some way.If you look at the recent video of the Moto 360, it looks like a really nicely designed watch and worth more than...
Right and by the same reasoning, the survey referenced in this article lets us know that the 1427 people in the survey will consider an iPhone larger than 4". Unless we know that those 1427 people adequately represent the other 850,000,000 potential buyers in multiple countries and age groups then it doesn't tell us much. And even if it was suitably representative, the question is still too vague. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't consider an iPhone larger than 4"...
I agree with shrinking the bezel down a bit on the Air. I wouldn't say bezel-free because it's nice to have a buffer for the edge of the content and there's a camera in the bezel but they can push it out a bit. The old Powerbook bezels looked smaller:The screen has to be positioned right vs the curvature of the corner or it looks odd. The Powerbook had sharper corners.Fitting a 13" screen into a 12" size would be a bit too much IMO. I think they'd get away with drawing a...
It doesn't hold up in the real world unfortunately. Take for example:http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/10/poll-are-you-buying-new-iphone-5s-or-iphone-5c/Sample size of nearly 100,000 people, yet it suggested the iPhone 5S would outsell the 5C by over 10:1. The actual ratio was closer to 3:1.There are a lot of assumptions made in surveys - that they are suitably random and cover wide enough age, gender and geographical demographics.Also, when it comes to future products,...
The surveys are small relative to the amount of potential buyers. Last year, Samsung sold 314m smartphones, Apple sold 153m - the total was 1b. This survey is of 1427 people (0.0001% of buyers). If the survey is US limited then it skews the stats further. Apple has a higher smartphone sales share in the US than Samsung.The biggest problem with Apple products has been price. That shows in the first graph. Only 12% were put off by the screen size but 3x more put off by the...