or Connect

Posts by Marvin

I notice you didn't comment on how the free market can't prevent anti-competitive monopolies. I have nothing against the free market in its entirety, my objection is to it being applied to everything under the assumption that it's a perfect system. Ignoring instances when it fails doesn't make those failures go away.If you had a completely unregulated market then as soon as the iPhone came out, Apple's competition would have cloned it, like this:and they'd have been able...
I agree somewhat but there are other considerations. The Mac Pro is whisper quiet all of the time and it has a PCIe SSD, the Mini is still on SATA. If people have the money to invest in a machine that they won't upgrade for a while then the Mac Pro would be a good investment. I'd even say better than the iMac because it will allow upgrading to 4K displays later on where the current iMac and Mini won't.The main consideration should always be depreciation and not initial...
The Dell ones don't look too bad in size. There's a video here with 3 hooked up to a new Mac Pro:Here's an unboxing:
The next iMac update should be Haswell Refresh with an 800 series GPU. Haswell Refresh is 100MHz faster. NVidia is rebranding some of the mobile GPUs again though so they are pretty much the same GPUs, just clocked differently. The performance difference will likely be minimal.I think the Mac Pro is a good option at this price range though. While you'd be able to get the entry i5 27" with AppleCare, keyboard/mouse and new display for under $2700, the entry Mac Pro with...
The display won't be backwards-proof though. For the old Mac Pros to drive a 4K display, it needs a particular GPU first of all but the display will probably be Thunderbolt only. They currently make a mini-displayport model and Thunderbolt model separately as the old MP didn't support Thunderbolt. Now that every Mac has Thunderbolt, they have no reason to make a mini-dp model. You'd have to get the new Mac Pro first and the display later.You don't have to get the 12-core...
It wouldn't be transfer pricing if they weren't reselling the goods between different incorporated companies but they are. They have no other reason to resell goods internally at a markup once they pay the manufacturing costs in China. If the Australian company wasn't due to pay income tax, they wouldn't pay any but they do pay some income tax. Apple is even hiring a Tax Manager to specifically handle transfer pricing:http://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/6671734When someone...
If it just came out then that would be why. Previous incarnations that have been manually injected into apps will have bypassed bouncer too but they won't show up in malware tests until they know what to check for.There's a whole culture developed around this kind of malware already with the PC versions. They call the victims rats or slaves because the perpetrators (ratters/RATers or rat-breeders) watch them like they would a pet. There was a case last year where someone...
It would be better than the Samsung Champ but it runs very poorly with iOS 4 and that's as high as it will go without 3rd party software. The 3GS is fine though.
Whatever helps Google's activation count.
You wouldn't be able to upgrade it past 16GB of RAM. They are switching to DDR4. As for the SSD, it can be removed, the only downside is you'd be limited to buying one off eBay:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Samsung-1TB-SSD-for-MacBook-Pro-with-Retina-Display-late-2013-Models-only-/291093970056although you might be able to buy them from Apple eventually. It would probably be a good idea for Apple to put them in their store for sale.