or Connect

Posts by Marvin

The only solution that won't be fought against is for government to be funded without asking for money. People have an inherent dislike towards paying for things they don't see an immediate personal benefit from. It doesn't matter if they got an education out of it, waste treatment, transport/communications infrastructure, people take all that for granted now.The problem is how to remove the supply that goes to pay the government from the private sector in order to avoid...
He just means he doesn't like them. The sealed in hard drive and bundled display can be considered problems but they are just compromises Apple has chosen.
It's the same as Activity Monitor, it should look like this:https://support.apple.com/kb/HT5890Use the view menu to show all processes and click the memory tab. Page outs would be Swap Used and if you aren't running out of RAM, it'll be low. Apple says on that page that it's normal to see some activity but it should still be low.Mavericks has a new technique of compressing memory to give you more effective memory than you have physically. Here the test allowed over 24GB...
What does the process viewer say is using the most RAM? Make sure to enable "All processes" at the top to show system processes and list by real memory usage. If you are on Mavericks, that might explain why. Apparently it tries to use all of the memory with a file cache. If your page outs are 0 and your compressed memory is low or 0 then you aren't running out of RAM.
It's coming from India. Most of the spam comes from there now. They switched the spam filter to akismet, which is a global spam database so hopefully it'll adapt to it.
It's changed since 3 weeks ago:http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/162097/rumor-apple-working-on-4-7-5-6-iphones-for-release-in-q3-2014I noted a list of sizes we'd had already on that page, 5.7" is new. There's only 5.2", 5.3", 5.4" left before it's a full house.I guess the reason we have these numbers and no photos is that the workers won't be able to take cameras into work but will talk about what they've seen. The trouble is, they can say anything and reporters can say...
It seems to be hitting a number of forums but Huddler doesn't help by allowing a new member to post at least 138 times in the first few minutes of signing up. At least the spam filter is picking up some of it but nowhere near enough.
They used to have 20", 24", 30". If they use the same panels in the higher-end iMac, 32" might be unsuitable for that but they can go above 27", they can have 24" and 28" iMacs. Eventually, the iMac will move to 4K but they might have to go standalone 4K first for the price to drop.
I notice you didn't comment on how the free market can't prevent anti-competitive monopolies. I have nothing against the free market in its entirety, my objection is to it being applied to everything under the assumption that it's a perfect system. Ignoring instances when it fails doesn't make those failures go away.If you had a completely unregulated market then as soon as the iPhone came out, Apple's competition would have cloned it, like this:and they'd have been able...
I agree somewhat but there are other considerations. The Mac Pro is whisper quiet all of the time and it has a PCIe SSD, the Mini is still on SATA. If people have the money to invest in a machine that they won't upgrade for a while then the Mac Pro would be a good investment. I'd even say better than the iMac because it will allow upgrading to 4K displays later on where the current iMac and Mini won't.The main consideration should always be depreciation and not initial...