or Connect

Posts by Marvin

They use better quality where it makes sense. They've never made the best mice, they've used poor quality display panels in products, their webcams aren't the highest quality, they don't make the best buds headphones. Beats captured a large market, nobody else comes close, there are stats here:http://recode.net/2014/10/04/nfl-bans-beats-headphones-on-camera/Beats got 61% of headphones above $100, Bose 22%, Sony 2%. That leaves 15% between the likes of Sennheiser, Bang and...
The CPUs you were talking about are in a different price bracket. They never sold a machine with $12800 worth of processors and never would have because they don't have enough customers requesting it for it to be worth doing. If you put in a request for 10,000 units with a $150m upfront order renewed yearly they might consider it. They obviously never had such a request, they're not going to turn down great business opportunities if they're available.Neither does dual...
And what's the deal with all the ripped jeans and dropped crotches right?In the mindset of a teenager, which of the following would seem like the better choice? It's more about the image and the experience. The quality just needs to be good enough to not detract from the experience and Beats meets that quality standard.
Just leaving the cash dormant is worse for the economy but ideally it would be spent on growth opportunities for the company. Depleting it for shareholders doesn't give the company any return. Unlike an employee, shareholders don't do anything to create value.I don't really think that people are always aware their retirement funds are being invested given their surprise when they find out they became worthless, not to mention the fund managers tend to make far more than...
The federal reserve says total owned assets are $80.7t:http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303824204579423183397213204Debt is $17t = 21%. We're not talking about taking owned assets though, that's what people say to make it sound as though the government wants to turn rich people into poor people i.e punish success. Rich people are already rich, higher tax rates just slow their wealth growth rate.I suspect the debt will always go up anyway because it's not a fixed...
They do bear some resemblance:I would never guess they'd cost thousands. I wouldn't expect them to be the same in resellers though, that could be where the mixup will come from because resellers probably get IKEA tables to resemble the Apple Store. The Apple ones even show the tops of the legs, which don't match the color. Maybe that was to make them unique from other tables.People who break into the Apple Stores in future, leave the products alone and take the tables.
If you're already a millionaire, paying a higher tax rate won't undo that. Taxes come off earnings, not current possessions. High tax rates on the rich just slow the rate at which they increase their possessions.Right but things outside your own area of interest have to be paid for. For example, you might pay for school buses but don't have kids. If you choose to have kids then you'd benefit from it because having kids costs a lot. You might contribute to someone's...
All you need to make a chip and pin card payment is the number and CVV just like any other card. That's how they load it into Pay. You seem to be thinking about fraud at a checkout level and not online. If someone installs a keylogger on your computer, they can get the exact same details you are entering into a website and use it for fraudulent transactions. This isn't possible with Pay. There's also the PIN route, which they don't always cover the user...
Here's a group of wealthy people who want higher taxes on the wealthy: http://patrioticmillionaires.org The millionaire host really doesn't want to pay more than 50% and then pulls the old 'what about my poor 6 kids' private tuition' routine. The millionaire hosts made their money doing what they're doing in the clip - they make their money arguing about why they shouldn't pay more tax. The point they made about it not making a difference only works if it's applied to...
You can't buy things online with iTunes. People have had their bank accounts drained by people accessing their Paypal. In order to take money out of Paypal, you link it to a bank account. In order to top up Paypal or pay beyond the balance, you link a credit or debit card.If someone uses the same password for Paypal as they do for another service or they are subjected to a basic phishing attack, all someone has to do is login to Paypal and they can make transactions that...