or Connect

Posts by Marvin

Ok but is avoiding paying going to fix the problem or make it worse? Will the government being unable to afford to support the elderly, disabled, children, unemployed and so on improve anything?I find most anti-government rhetoric to be dishonest and hypocritical. People repeatedly laud the free market system as if it's the solution to everything even after witnessing as many catastrophes to suggest otherwise. The hypocrisy comes from the fact that everyone here has most...
Apple shouldn't be singled out but the reason they are is because they generate the most income. If they generate more income than the next 5 tech companies combined then they should pay more taxes than the next 5 combined.They are taxed on where they are tax resident. Apple is based in the US but their Irish subsidiary is tax resident nowhere.Because the Irish subsidiaries are incorporated in Ireland, they aren't tax resident in the US but because they are managed and...
Maybe he was watching the video on one of Apple's more glossy displays. The Mercedes video I saw has a woman in it too.
Donating extra would be paying above the expected rate. The rate in Australia is 30% so worst case, Apple pays $2.4b out of the $8b and they still get $5.6b.We all know governments spend too much money and rarely spend it all the right way but the wealthiest earners skipping paying just passes the costs down to lower earners. There's a breakdown for Australia here:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-09/interactive-budget-2013-where-will-your-tax-go/4682404Apple's $2.4b tax...
What about him? I guess you're posting from your phone and it auto-corrected time minus the 'e' with a capital. But yeah it is about time that Tim dropped the entry MBP.One thing that defines Apple's innovative approach to technology is their willingness to abandon legacy. Microsoft is only dropping support for Windows XP in April after 12 years, floppy drives are still being sold on Amazon and people are still buying them, Blackberry still sells phones with physical...
No, the 3G sucks, it was about the same performance as the original. 3GS minimum for an acceptable user experience IMO as they doubled the RAM to 256GB from 128GB in previous models.
Having more than 15x the number of stores Apple has worldwide when you aren't making enough profits isn't a good way to go - 1,100 is just the ones they are closing, they will still have 4,000 after the closures. They do sales online but the problem online is they compete with Amazon and very few companies can. That's where the retail stores work better because they can push higher margins. Although a lot of people are well informed about online prices, for some items it's...
They might not be out of stock, sometimes the stores take all the refurbs down - I've noticed it happens more during evenings and weekends. I don't know if this is due to the stock relying on the retail stores. They'll probably put them all back in tomorrow.
I would guess they plan to market it to Windows users too for desktop use and media center.
Yes, people have been buying refurbs for years and there hasn't been any quality problems. There may be a possibility of getting one with signs of use like a scuff mark on the base but I haven't seen reports of that, they are really strict with the process and for the amount of saving, it would still be worth it anyway. One from late 2013 couldn't have been used much at all and the return was probably something trivial. Every report I've seen and every one I've bought has...