or Connect

Posts by Marvin

I don't think so. C# and .Net have shown how there can be wide adoption of a new language if it improves developer productivity:http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/261958/a-z_programming_languages_c_/?Most people were familiar with C, C++, Java, Python before Objective-C arrived and it was a language nobody wanted to learn and many didn't. People took ages to port Carbon code to Cocoa, even Apple with FCP. 3rd party SDKs for making games bypass it - Unreal, Unity,...
I noticed that too, what's up with the double cog in iOS? The icon spacing seems better in Yosemite too. I was expecting rounded rectangles though.Font change should be good, I guess this will be Helvetica Neue or Avenir.I prefer the 2D Dock. I'm not a huge fan of the overuse of translucency but the inverted black menu is a nice option.
They have examples here:https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/ios/referencelibrary/GettingStarted/LandingPage/index.htmlYou can click through a bunch of pages there.No semicolons at the end of lines but that doesn't mean tabs for scope like python as they still use braces. I guess they'll use newlines for end of line markers. This is harder in cross-platform languages due to the variety in line endings but fine for OS X.It looks clean and real-time feedback is...
If you get a NAT error, the modem must be providing this. DHCP auto assigns addresses, NAT converts a single external IP into local ones. You need both.What bridge mode does is allows the modem to do the address translation but without DHCP, it can't assign the addresses automatically.I'd say try enabling DHCP and NAT but change your IP range on the Airport:http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5140"Choose a range of IP addresses from the DHCP Range pop-up menu. Choose 10.0,...
You can try running the hardware test from the install DVD (hold D to run the test when booting) to see if any of the rest of the hardware is causing problems.
It could just be a filesystem error. Safe mode doesn't load the whole system, kernel extensions are all disabled for example and not read from the disk.If your machine is older e.g 2007 and the drive hasn't been replaced, it could just be showing signs of wear. The typical lifespan of a hard drive is 5 years. One option would be to zero the drive first so that it eliminates any bad sectors on the drive before reinstalling the OS.You'd be best switching it with an SSD...
That's normal, safe mode disables the GPU so graphics run in software mode.If the new account was set to login automatically rather than the old one, it's more likely a system problem.Yes, it can fail without showing in SMART. Try booting up in verbose mode by holding command-v, it will scroll a bunch of text and show where it has hung up.
Maybe it's a waterproof iPhone and iOS 8 will still work underwater.I wonder why they still do old-school print ads. Couldn't they get some custom OLED panels made that can not only animate but they can keep them turned off until the last minute. The light would shimmer on the water and the clouds would cycle past the mountains.
Yeah, for some reason free-to-play has taken off in a big way and not just in mobile. League of Legends is a desktop example, which made over $0.6b last year.Candy Crush's revenue is insane:http://wiiudaily.com/2014/05/candy-crush-revenue-vs-nintendo/$1.88b in 2013 but not all from iOS. That game alone will contribute 1/10th-1/20th of Apple's entire App Store revenue.The Angry Birds devs didn't go free-to-play originally but switched to it with their racing game. They're...
If they hadn't retired the shares, they'd have more value in volatile stock than they'd have in their non-volatile cash used to buy them. They did retire the shares though.The buyback and other things created upwards momentum in the stock price. If the next earnings show further slowing down, traders can easy undo the gains in a matter of days. At which point you'd say what? It's all Tim's fault and he needs to go?Let's say that Apple uses all their cash to buyback shares...