or Connect

Posts by Marvin

SSDs need power, the design I described plugs into the power supply, not the iPhone so you can't take it with you. Third parties could probably make cheaper SSDs but they'd have to work with the Apple power supply and it's the iPhone that has to interface with it and encrypt the backup (the iPhone could just format the backup drive encrypted but for multiple devices, it may be better to encrypt each backup).Like I say, this doesn't conflict with the iPhone's storage as it...
Why would it be $500+? I mentioned the pricing of retail SSDs. They can make 128GB for $99 or $149. Not everyone will need that much. Entry level products with 16GB or 32GB could get by with a $50-80 64GB model.It's for people who don't regularly use or connect iOS devices to a Mac or PC any more. How does an elderly person migrate an iPad to a new one if that's all they have? iCloud is the only option. What if they have 30GB of data and a 1Mbit upload speed? That's days...
The fake boxes all have the iOS 7 or 8 front on them:Apple may have made the switch at the last minute to the plain embossing to help customers know which are fakes, especially in the likes of China.
Yeah but that's always the problem with iOS devices, they are still treated as being below the Mac. If you want to backup a Mac, you don't need another device. I think an inexpensive storage device would not only make backups easier for people who use just iOS devices but having it connected to the adaptor and backing up transparently ensures people don't even have to think about it.
Have taxes risen dramatically? If not then it's something else that's wrong. Income in the private sector has fallen for middle and lower earners but increased for the top earners. That's because the attitude of job creators is that a job is a privilege and can be valued at whatever they see fit, which is why those jobs are not competitive with public sector job salaries. I would agree with you that many public sector salaries are obscene and unjustified. This is visible...
The excuse is always that there's no evidence to say definitively. There are indicators from developers:http://www.cultofandroid.com/27547/android-piracy-outnumbers-ios-piracy-by-141-driving-devs-to-freemium-only-model/"Developers >Butterscotch Shenanigans recently released a game called Towelfight 2 on both iOS and Android. On both platforms, the game cost $0.99. On iOS, about 5% of all users pirated it, numbering about 2,438 copies. On Android though? 34,091 copies were...
Check which of the user data folders was updated most recently. If you pulled the folder back out of the trash, your emails will still be in that folder so you just need to put that back in place. You can hit command-i to get info on the folder's modification date.
Google does multi-platform solutions more because their business model is monetizing data. Apple makes its money from hardware sales. Offering services for competing hardware is mainly against their business model:"We argued with Steve a bunch [about putting iTunes on Windows], and he said no. Finally, Phil Schiller and I said 'we're going to do it.' And Steve said, '**** you guys, do whatever you want. You're responsible.' And he stormed out of the room." - Jon...
I think it would be nice if Apple offered an offline encrypted backup device for iOS. A 128GB SSD is under $100 and 64GB under $50. They could sell storage connected into the charging plug so when you charge the phone it backs up automatically every time without even thinking about it. If it had a spare USB port on the plug, this could be a small add-on - like a small USB pen. If it had enough storage, it could do multiple devices on the same storage. To migrate to a new...
Green means the message couldn't be sent via a data network and was sent as a standard text message. If cellular data and wifi are off on one device, it would go out as a text.