or Connect

Posts by Marvin

Lenovo owns Motorola now too, the deal closed this week:http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/hello-moto-the-true-story-behind-lenovo-s-biggest-buy-1249796http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/30/us-lenovo-motorola-idUSKBN0IJ10M20141030They will keep the branding so buying a Moto X or the 360 watch will actually be boosting Lenovo's revenue. They are expanding by playing the low margin game. Net margin for them is 2%.They'll undercut Dell...
This is a pretty smart way to do it as it means no new icons are needed, just a font option like a font color that would already exist.
I had Fassbender in my list of random actors with beards, I mean my carefully chosen list of appropriate actors to play the part, but took him out on account of the beard being ginger: I suppose they could just dye it. It's the Irish accent too though: That's why I took Hugh Jackman out because his Australian accent is too strong (I like his beard though).
I should have checked if they'd done it first. A company has done a 4K scan at 16-bit this year:https://www.avforums.com/news/original-star-wars-trilogy-in-4k.10513The original trilogy was done on film so should have a resolution around 4K or maybe a bit higher so scanning the film will work ok. Some scenes in the prequels were shot digitally, possibly 2K so they might not be scaled up, nobody cares about those anyway. This rescan would be the original version, not the...
Did he go through your router settings too? Check your router admin page to see if there's a firewall on it. If you go to the network panel on the Mac, the router page should be at the address listed in the selected network > advanced > TCP/IP under router. Put that into a browser when you're on the network and it will give you the router settings. You'll need the login, which will either come with the router or be set as a default login for the router model. You can setup...
To be fair, God has to be gay or female. No way the world would look and smell this nice if it was designed by a straight guy. Just go into any single straight guy's bathroom and take a deep breath.It highlights an important aspect of religion IMO, which is that you can make up your own interpretation as you go.
The word 'pride' comes across differently depending on how it's used:It is the opposite of shame but also used to symbolise achievement. Tim's comment could have been 'unashamed to be gay' but it's like when Apple uses 'thin' instead of 'thick'. 'Unashamed' negates a negative statement, 'proud' reinforces the positive opposite. So it's not really appropriate to say 'proud to not be gay' because there has never been any implied shame that needed to be negated with...
The Swift library of functions is written in Swift at least, I didn't see details of the Swift runtime/interpreter/compiler. I doubt they'd transition a whole OS over but it depends on the benefits. If there was a 10-20% performance hit but the code ended up being significantly smaller making up some of the performance loss and the rest with embedded C code, there's a possibility. Quite a lot of work if it was just for the sake of it. Even though it doesn't support C++, if...
They'll release the 4K/8K master equivalent versions as either downloads or on special multi-layer Blu-Ray. But, I'd like to see the special effects redone all over again and done well this time.That's ok, it just means that if you buy a disc, you should redeem the code within a reasonable time. The downloads themselves won't expire (although you have to login every 90 days). It helps prevent someone buying a used disc years later and using the code, their second-hand...
There's some survey numbers for marketshare here: http://www.cnet.com/news/apples-ipad-air-more-popular-than-ipad-mini-in-december/ The mini and Air came out roughly even at 41% each with the remainder going to the other large iPads. It's just the price point, if the larger Air could hit the same price point then everything can move down. I think the mini form factor is appealing though, it's much easier to handle for younger children and also for reading. I can...