or Connect

Posts by Marvin

Yeah, there are some pretty good deals to get there, as much as 37% off. The entry MBP is still $1999 with Iris Pro and you can get the 2013 model with the 650M for $1489 (32% off):http://store.apple.com/us/product/FE664LL/A/refurbished-154-inch-macBook-Pro-24ghz-Quad-core-Intel-i7-with-retina-DisplayIt doesn't have 16GB of RAM but you can get that for...
The mainstream size would outsell it by 10:1 just like with other manufacturers who sell phablets. The additional cost puts people off buying.http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/12/10/samsung-note-3-phablet-accounts-for-just-110-of-its-2013-premium-phone-sales
If you're using 8GB, that would max out the 8GB he has in his MBP. The 13" also uses some of the memory for the GPU, it's up to 1GB now. Still, it's important to remember that the new OSes deliberately try to make more use of RAM. The actual RAM used is the total minus the file cache and maybe some percentage less due to compression.If the Activity Monitor says your system has 8GB physical and amount used is say 9GB and the file cache is 4GB and you have integrated...
There are areas where an extra 1.6" can make a huge difference but I use the 'scale difference' part of the phrase to reiterate that the difference is solely in scale and not workspace. It was common for people to suggest that you could fit more on a 17" display. That's distinct from the 13" model for example that has a smaller workspace. I call it small because I think that difference in scale is small. You only have to sit closer by about 1.5" to get the exact same...
As opposed to who's economy? Also, you do remember who caused the problems in the worldwide economy?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007–08"The bursting of the U.S. (United States) housing bubble, which peaked in 2006, caused the values of securities tied to U.S. real estate pricing to plummet, damaging financial institutions globally."If the US behaved a little more like the EU when it came to regulation, maybe these things wouldn't happen.
If there was a new Retina 17", you'd have to find the same issues though in which case you'd stick with the old one for those reasons? If you would get a Retina 17" then the sole thing holding you back from the Retina 15" is the small scale difference and maybe the speaker quality.
I see it more like how they regulate commercial advertising. You could say that commercials should be able to make whatever claims they want and if people are stupid enough to believe it, it's their problem but that has caused harm to consumers in the past and so they regulate advertising.If a company proclaims they have a magic rock and the magic rock will perform a miracle when the magic becomes active in 10 years, investors can see it being worth $30b. The potential for...
An iOS Server could perform Mac device management.OS X Server is 180MB in size and is just an add-on to Mavericks now. Maybe they can even allow an iPad to manage OS X devices. If you need to manage a specific Mac, you can walk over to it with the iPad and it can detect the one you want by proximity and do whatever batch actions you need. Although you could do actions like that on the machine if you are next to it, it would be easier from the iPad. If you had a cache of...
I doubt you'd be able to assess that for certain as these things are internal in private companies but I'd expect that a significant amount of enterprise apps are web apps. But what counts as a web app? A website is basically a web app so a private portal accessed from a mobile device would qualify. The important part of the description of a web app is that it's about data. If you were developing a game for example, it's more creative content. In business, it's about sales...
Tim said the purchase was for the hardware as well as the streaming and Jimmy/Dre. I don't expect them to market the products in the same way as Beats, they'll do it Apple style.They have superior design. They are the coolest and most iconic headphones around. You can spot someone wearing beats from across the street, try doing that with Sony, Samsung, Philips, Panasonic headphones. They've achieved what the white earbuds achieved. Nobody else has really pulled that...