or Connect

Posts by Marvin

I see it more like how they regulate commercial advertising. You could say that commercials should be able to make whatever claims they want and if people are stupid enough to believe it, it's their problem but that has caused harm to consumers in the past and so they regulate advertising.If a company proclaims they have a magic rock and the magic rock will perform a miracle when the magic becomes active in 10 years, investors can see it being worth $30b. The potential for...
An iOS Server could perform Mac device management.OS X Server is 180MB in size and is just an add-on to Mavericks now. Maybe they can even allow an iPad to manage OS X devices. If you need to manage a specific Mac, you can walk over to it with the iPad and it can detect the one you want by proximity and do whatever batch actions you need. Although you could do actions like that on the machine if you are next to it, it would be easier from the iPad. If you had a cache of...
I doubt you'd be able to assess that for certain as these things are internal in private companies but I'd expect that a significant amount of enterprise apps are web apps. But what counts as a web app? A website is basically a web app so a private portal accessed from a mobile device would qualify. The important part of the description of a web app is that it's about data. If you were developing a game for example, it's more creative content. In business, it's about sales...
Tim said the purchase was for the hardware as well as the streaming and Jimmy/Dre. I don't expect them to market the products in the same way as Beats, they'll do it Apple style.They have superior design. They are the coolest and most iconic headphones around. You can spot someone wearing beats from across the street, try doing that with Sony, Samsung, Philips, Panasonic headphones. They've achieved what the white earbuds achieved. Nobody else has really pulled that...
Even if it does, it doesn't deserve to. I'm going to remain a 5.5" denier even if it's announced and I can hold one in a store.
That usage scenario could be replaced by an $899 Air and you could watch shows in bed. You can Airplay the content from the MBA to a TV.I wouldn't worry about the longevity of the Mini you have though, they are the most reliable machines Apple makes.I like the Mac Mini and it was at one point my favorite machine in the lineup but portables are the way forward. The Retina MBP is IMO the best machine Apple currently makes. When the Air chips reach the CPU/GPU level of...
Maybe, the old one used the same i7 CPU as the MBP at the time. It's not clear which dual-core they could use though. The ones in the 13" MBP are different now - they are ULT versions of the chips.It's looking like it's EOL. The portable systems are driving sales. Without the Mini, the people who bought a Mini and are invested in the Mac ecosystem will simply buy higher priced Macs. The unit sales aren't high enough to worry about people switching to PCs or building...
Maybe they don't have any authority and are just saying they're ok with it. I'm ok with it too as it happens.
SSDs aren't all made the same like with HDD. They all make custom designs now. Apple's SSDs are bare computer boards:Maybe it can be something a bit more abstract to represent file storage like a filing cabinet but the danger with all these things is using something anachronistic. They do it with Mail in using letters and stamps so as long as they chose something that was still current and recognisable, that would be ok. HDDs will be around for a while but there will come...
I think that's true for enterprise apps for the most part but not consumer apps nor apps that big companies make their revenue from. Microsoft for example would never develop Office in a web-app suitable for deployment except in a way similar to Apple's iWork online or Google docs where the customer has to log onto a server.I'd say the vast majority of apps in future will be developed the way mobile apps are now and deployed through an app store and some enterprises are...