or Connect

Posts by Marvin

That's what they do with the Air with the exception of the old Core 2 Duo parts, CPU performance hasn't even doubled in 3 years, some CPU performance is almost the same from one year to the next. GPU performance has improved a bit more so that's really the only concern moving to low TDP but the Air is marketed as a thin, light productive machine, not a desktop replacement like the Pro.The performance could still go up for the 15". Like I say, a 2x improvement in...
To get round WSJ's paywall, put the article title into Google and then click the link and you'll be able to read the whole article.Johnson still hasn't explained how it works or what the problem really is that he's trying to solve, it seems that he's keeping this part a secret - probably to avoid a competitor doing it first.This article makes it sound like rather than going in to a store, they'll have trained people to bring a product round and demonstrate it or help you...
Is it from so many apps being installed or them running in the background? Unlike desktop systems, you have to quit apps using the multi-tasking view. Every time an app is launched, it sits in that multi-tasking view until it is quit by the user, even after a reboot. Double-tap the home button to open that view and then swipe all the apps up to properly shut them down (might take a while for 700 apps but at least you can do more than one at a time now). You can also do a...
I think they'll manage to fit Bale into a close enough likeness and they can get away without the kind of imitation makeup job they did with Kutcher: The 3 events are supposedly going to be the Mac, NeXT and the iPod. At the Mac event, Steve had long hair and no beard, NeXT was slightly shorter hair no beard though I'm not sure what event it would be: The iPod was short grey hair with a short beard.
It depends on the benefits. Smaller components will heat up faster so they might not be able to clock them as high so you may not be able to get 2x performance at the same wattage. It seems like it should be possible to get double performance at the same wattage instead of the same performance at half but it doesn't work like that. You simply can't overclock a current chip to 6GHz because it can't handle the heat generated from it.I think there's a benefit to going fanless...
Using terms like 'rich people' as a target of criticism sends the wrong message. There's nothing wrong with being wealthy, the problem is the reward/contribution ratio, which is a symptom of already being wealthy or being put in a privileged position. Take really bad CEOs/execs/middle managers for example, they get paid high salaries relative to their front-line staff. The front-line staff can easily be doing a great job and the top-level staff sitting back doing very...
If they cancelled it or reversed it, that's a pretty firm statement to make to investors. They'd effectively be telling investors currently holding shares that there won't be any growth worth bothering about so you might as well sell if you're in it for growth.They are high numbers but Google's at 27x. Let's not forget that the market is priced by people, not by Apple's success. What Apple does only plays a part in the valuation. Lowered confidence in their competition...
Apple says "The Company’s share repurchase program does not obligate it to acquire any specific number of shares. Price volatility over a given period may cause the average price at which the Company repurchases its own stock to exceed the stock’s price at a given point in time."They've committed to spending a certain amount by a certain time and to me the wording suggests it will happen regardless of the price they buy. I assume they'll try and time it when it's as low as...
Everyone's work or assets are valued inside a man-made system. If that man-made system is flawed and promotes inequality then it can and should be restructured. Equality is really the wrong term to use as the aim is not equalising income, it's creating a fairer reward relative to contribution. It should be obvious to anyone that Carl Icahn doesn't deserve (or rather hasn't earned) over 70x the reward of all Apple's executives combined when he has contributed nothing but...
So it is, it was the accelerated purchase that ends December 2014 but the $90b is by December 2015. In that case, the remaining $22b could be spread out a bit more.