or Connect

Posts by Marvin

What did you get before Yosemite? Make sure your display brightness is below 50% (turn auto-brightness off in system prefs > displays). Also don't keep bus-powered drives or devices plugged in if they aren't needed. If you have a rMBP with 2 GPUs, check if GPU switching is enabled in system prefs > Energy Saver.
There's a driver problem when it comes to NVidia and AMD because Apple seems to want to develop the drivers but they have no control over the hardware. With ARM, they'd be in control of both.Then there's efficiency. If you look at chip benchmarks, an iPad that draws about 5W runs at speeds close to an intel HD4000, which is in a 35-45W chip. This year's generation of mobile GPUs will come close to the current MBPs. Although the Skylake GPUs would be about 2x faster, the...
This is really just another form of augmented reality. The PSP tried this with games a few years ago:They used the PSP camera to capture the environment and they do tracking calculations to figure out how the PSP is moving and then integrate CGI into the frame. This makes games look as though they exist in your own environment.One challenge is getting the tracking so accurate that the CGI elements never float about relative to the environment because that immediately...
It depends on the computer you have. If you have an older Mac before 2006 or so, 10.6.8 is the highest it can go to. If you have an Intel-based Mac bought after 2006 but before 2007, it might only go up to 10.9 Mavericks. I'm not sure how you're supposed to update those because Apple removes the older system updates from the App Store. If you have any computer above 2007/2008, you should be able to install Yosemite (10.10) from the App Store. The Mac App Store is just an...
It sounds like someone got your number and then spoofed the sender id to be your phone number so that you couldn't report them or send a message back:http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/2awxvi/im_receiving_texts_from_my_own_number/I'm not sure if someone can collect your mobile phone number from a public wifi but I'd say it's more likely to have been a service you signed up to that sent your details onto a spam company. Banks, service providers, it could be any...
The base of the display shown in the image doesn't look easily detachable. There's also the aspect ratio to think about. The old Airs were 16:9, these look like 16:10 and the iPad is 4:3. There's also no home button. I don't think the hybrid route is on the cards for Apple at all.I wonder if they've pulled the edges of the display in like this:The non-glass part shown in the photo will be where the hinge goes but I can't make out the edges of the panel border. Shrinking...
That's true but people can also only bid with what they already own. No matter if you have $100m or $1000, if it's everything you own that you are exchanging for something then it's the same sacrifice for the individual. If everyone in the world only had at most $10m, nobody would be able to offer $1b for anything on their own but it wouldn't prevent anything being sold, it would just expand the potential group of owners.If you took a random person off the street and put...
It's not that you shouldn't point them out, just not in the discussion thread. The authors don't all read the discussion and as you can see, it derails the discussion into not being about the article. Send the author an email:http://appleinsider.com/contact/Now, back to the more important topic of making wisecracks about Wang Dongling's name.
It would only have poor performance if the casing blocked the signal from the antenna. The antenna is encased in the plastic hinge, having the signal passing through the Apple logo does little to benefit it when the signals are bouncing all over the place. You can test it out, cover the Apple logo with anything that blocks the wifi and see if the signal drops out.Not that I'd rather they do away with the illuminated logo, it's cool, but that's all it is, it's not...
You might not be far off. I could see some 3rd parties coming up with a wrist battery that sits under the watch strap and would be a chain of battery packs with a USB plug. Like 6-7 of the following connected together:That would be enough to extend the lifespan about 3x. It would get in the way of the sensors but that wouldn't matter to everyone.I expect that Apple's watch would be able to exceed the Android watches in power efficiency but they are aiming for a less bulky...