or Connect

Posts by Marvin

Yeah, it's nice they actually implemented it. They should brand these features better though. They call them "info cards" but that's too generic. They let you find out songs used in the movie (saves using something like Shazam and it could link to purchase options if it doesn't already), character bios, movie info and related movies. It doesn't even have to be a word that automatically associates itself with what it does. People know Shazam is a music search now.They do...
The text is converted to images so you can't copy it directly.
The assumption is that he would have overridden a design you don't like. There's no way you could know that.He doesn't know any more about what Steve would have done under these circumstances than anyone else. This particular set of circumstances would likely never have existed if Steve was still there because Forstall would still be there and there wouldn't be a reworked UI at all. This only happened after Forstall was booted out.I have iOS 6 and it doesn't let me...
Adobe is a publicly traded company so they have to account for their costs. With a product model rather than a service model, you create a final version, sell it and then define a support period, which is included in the costs. The support eventually has to run out otherwise that software version runs out of profit and this forces an upgrade sale in order to pay for the development of the new version.In Apple's case in terms of software bundled with hardware, they state in...
I don't think the lock-in is quite like that. You aren't hindered from using non-Apple options, it's just that Apple's ones are more compelling as they are designed to work together. Few things are designed specifically to work with Android so no single accessory or software is more compelling than another.Content providers need to change strategy. There was a survey recently about how the youngest generations are moving away from the TV...
Sometimes when I watch a movie and there's an actress in the background that looks really hot, I want to know who it is and it's a nightmare trying to find out who they are. You have to listen to the audio to see if they have a character name and then run through the credits trying to match them to the real name and some credits are really small. Not only that, if it's a less important role, they sometimes just call them say stewardess number 4. Then I have to Google for...
In a way it's probably a good thing because it keeps taking away the idea that Apple without Steve is a company without a magic wand. They didn't have a magic wand. The team at Apple (that is still there) came up with ideas and products and they made rational decisions about the best route to customers when the technology was ready.That should mean any company can do the same thing. They can but their motivations as a whole are different. When you look at great musicians...
People always make this assumption that their preference would be the same as Steve's. Steve Jobs was around when they timed all the sheet rollouts (the slide down panels when you hit save as or print) in OS X and app zooming and they are slow too. They even added a feature where if you hold shift when you hit the minimize button, it goes in slow motion. The UI animators clearly like you to see their work.I actually speedup rollouts and turn off zoom animations using OS...
After unlocking, when the icons animate into view, it could be faster but they have to time it to look good so they'd just have to allow you to turn it off. Zooming in and out of apps is now done by zooming into the app icon and out - it used to burst out from the center of the screen. I can see where they were going with that but they could also have done an animation like on OS X where the app panel zooms out of the icon into a layer of its own. This can start as fully...
Most of it looks pretty standard but a few things that stood out to me were the following: - create low cost iPhone based on iPod Touch to replace 3GS They mentioned this in 2010 but perhaps they felt it was best to wait until a more appropriate time. Now that the iPod Touch sales have dropped so much, maybe that photo shown recently of the silver shell with the splits in it and marked as iPhone but shaped like the iPod Touch is finally it. $399 off-contract. - tie...