or Connect

Posts by Marvin

NFC is a subset of RFID cards:http://blog.atlasrfidstore.com/rfid-vs-nfcso some people may be confused about the prevalence of them for payments. RFID cards are used in hotels and things for unlocking doors and could serve as an id for charging your bill. It is used in transport and the following site says the UK has 23 million contactless cards (might not all use NFC) out of ~65m people:http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-20694027Very few are being used though. Banks issue...
The default would be for convenience. I don't suppose it would be such a big deal choosing a card each time though. If you are at a checkout, it can bring up the options and you pick the one to use at the time and then use touch id to validate the purchase. I'd prefer to choose each time but I can understand frequent shoppers would just want to touch the button.
It's an important distinction. The 7" tablets that were around at the time were cramped as you can see here:The people who said they'd never make an iPad mini were meaning they'd never make an unreasonably small iPad like what was available at the time and they haven't. Samsung ended up making an 8" tablet.If someone drives a bright pink car or wears a crazy hat, it's their choice but it's natural to laugh at the choice. No matter what people's tolerance levels are,...
If there's not enough sustained bandwidth then it will break but with the display, nothing has to compete for bandwidth and it would simply lower the refresh and not show partial frames. Take Thunderbolt 2 for example, it has around 20Gbps. 5K @ 60Hz is around that too but that's maxing it out. But to get the first full frame buffer, they can send 50% on the first refresh cycle and the next 50% on the 2nd - this is like the display operating at 30Hz but it only does this...
The full first hour is on Hulu, it's worth watching, the second part will likely be uploaded soon: http://www.hulu.com/watch/686851 For people outside the US, Google for a US proxy server, get an IP address and go to system prefs > network, select the active network (e.g wifi or ethernet) > advanced > proxies > check web proxy, enter US proxy IP in server box, hit ok, hit apply and reload the video. Disable the proxy when done. The more interviews he does, the more they...
It's a pretty high valuation, especially when the founder will leave the company and the studio's main game has already been bought in large numbers:http://www.businessinsider.com/minecraft-creator-markus-notch-persson-is-leaving-mojang-2014-9That's a pretty steep income curve too. Started working as an employee at King (Candy Crush Saga) at 26, stayed for for 4.5 years using Actionscript and Java. Left before Candy Crush Saga happened to work elsewhere and then started...
The pixelated mess happens with video if you skip to the middle of a block it can't decode fully but I'm only talking about two frames, not a large group of frames.The display would have a frame buffer (db), the device sending the data has the same buffer, call it the source buffer (sb).The first time, it fills sb with the image and sends it using the visually lossless compression or in two passes (50% each) to db.The next time, it compares the new frame with sb and stores...
Mobile devices don't have swap space like desktops/laptops so once the RAM is out, that's it. A computer with swap has RAM + free drive space for memory. I just think they should use memory compression like they do with OS X. Every time a browser tab moves into the background, they can quickly compress it in RAM and decompress it otherwise. They could try to exclude active media from the compression step like a video playing in the background but most people wouldn't...
I don't think it contradicts it as an object being in a space doesn't necessarily make it part of the space like being in a pool or a kitchen doesn't make someone part of those spaces. You wouldn't average your skin tones in with a kitchen to arrive at the color of the kitchen if you happened to be in it. The dictionary defines space as:"the near-vacuum extending between the planets and stars, containing small amounts of gas and dust."So it's ok to say that stars and...
Thinking more about this, they could just send the difference between successive frames. So say they send a desktop image over, the display can buffer the frame and the OS takes the difference between the frame it knows the display has in a buffer and the new one, compresses the difference and sends that over. If an image doesn't change more than half the pixels between frames, they can save at least 50% of the bandwidth. Instantaneous large changes in the display would...