or Connect

Posts by Marvin

Someone mentioned being able to track data but the retailers don't seem to like the credit card companies:http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10000872396390444025204577546760570824578(for some reason WSJ puts up a paywall if you visit links directly but if you visit them from Google, the paywall isn't there so you might have to google the title to read the whole article)Payment processing fees are a nuisance for retailers because they cut into tax too. 1.5% fees might...
It depends, for it to be standalone, it really has to be able to deal with networking. Pretty much all wifi networks these days are password protected and the Watch has no keyboard, although WPS would be an option there. Always-on cellular is another option and used in some watches. That would allow the use of Siri too without the phone being present. The carriers should really let you connect to the same data connection as the phone you have. Most of the data would be for...
If it's an addition that doesn't increase the price, it does no harm. It's mostly treated as a gimmick with hybrid PCs like the HP Touchsmart line but there's little to complain about free features. I don't think Apple necessarily wants to put people off the idea overall but if they bundle a new feature and people use it and then find it's not useful, they'll say bad things about it.
But if they'd interfered in a merger that would create the NFL monopoly, you'd complain about it and suggest it would sort itself out; when they don't interfere in scenarios where it clearly hasn't sorted itself out, you complain about their lack of action preventing it. There's nothing they could do that would make you happy and they will get the blame in every case. Private companies can't be blameless in every monopoly or action that comes as a result of it. Monopolies...
The number of units will be a fraction of the iPhone, which also use sapphire parts. Plus, the sapphire only goes in the edition model of the watch, which will be priced somewhere between $350 and $17m. If GTAT is their current and only sapphire supplier, they'd have iPhone issues too; if they have another supplier, it's no big deal.
The display is still at a steeper angle but the main thing is that flipping a switch is not the same effort as photoshopping an image, editing a film nor typing long documents. A digital switchboard would be fine. I'm in favor of a productive touch device but I think there are big problems to solve with the UI. An iPad is currently not as efficient as a laptop - no touch devices are. I think they can get close though.
I'd expect it will be via the iPhone as there's no data cable and no internet-connecting wifi. The wifi and bluetooth are apparently used solely for the pairing with the phone. I suppose they could do peer-to-peer wifi with iTunes. That suggests no app removal on the watch either. I wonder if each app on the Watch will require a companion app on the iPhone or at least a listing of apps to allow you to remove Watch apps on the move.
He's not supporting Apple, their stock price doesn't impact their earnings. He's boosting the stock price to profit. He's 78 and in it to get out before he croaks:http://www.cnbc.com/id/101137397It took what 14 months to ditch Netflix and he's been with Apple since about a year ago. He's probably getting a bit anxious for Apple to drain their cash so he can bail. Question is, who can he sell all his stock to? Who would buy so much at such a high value? He said he's not in...
Broken up by... ? Shouldn't private companies be allowed to do whatever they want? Whenever big companies merge creating a potential monopoly, people say it's not the business of some public 3rd party to get involved e.g the EU in the Apple/Beats merger but when a private company tries to monopolise advertising by limiting it to a business partner, that's not ok. Remember the article about Comcast and Time...
I hope so too, Jony looks more open to conversation here than usual:In other interviews, he tends to be trying to explain design decisions on a particular product. Some interviews are more awkward and forced like the one at the watch event:He always comes across like a really great guy to be friends with. Some people don't have patience for that kind of dialog and that news guy in the watch video seemed to want to keep pushing Jony along but what he says shows a level of...