or Connect

Posts by Marvin

It's supply and demand, same reason diamonds are so expensive. Same reason wages are so low in poorer countries as there's an oversupply of workers. The way to lower demand and prices is to increase supply. If a not-for-profit produced inexpensive houses for low income earners, it takes away the demand for higher priced property forcing them to lower prices. We saw this happen in 2008, nobody had any money to buy houses so demand fell and house prices collapsed.Lowering...
I imagine people would consider that person's partner bisexual but yeah, if they had the idea that someone born with one organ should be attracted to the opposite, they'd have to assume people with both are attracted to both. It's complicated. When babies start to develop in the womb, they appear to have the same organs and then they develop in two different ways. Sometimes it doesn't go one way or the other completely but they are typically only functionally one gender....
Natural/unnatural would be the wrong word to take issue with. Lots of things happen in nature like cannibalism, eating raw meat, sexual interaction with young, incest, killing, feces throwing, cleaning by licking. Those would all be described as natural but none of them tolerated by humans. Maybe cleaning by licking but not in public.There are lots of instincts that come naturally but the issue is down to what people tolerate and I'd say it relates to perceived harm. That...
Salaries would just be lower by the amount that normally goes on housing so the disposable income would be unchanged, it could even be higher. Some people pay out the majority of their salaries on rent or mortgages:http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-20943576"Up to 59% of a typical London family's income is spent on rents, a study by housing charity Shelter has revealed."If they owned cheaper houses, the companies employing them could cut their salaries (and possibly...
That's true, I should have said they'll have earned interest on it or invested it in growth stocks to keep it ahead of inflation.
Apple's forum is their official one so they can't be expected to condone people recommending competing products and taking action against the company. That's what forums like these are for.Your machine is worth what it can be replaced for or its resale value in working condition. If it's a 15", that's about £550:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MacBook-Pro-15-2-5x2-5-0Ghz-320GB-4GB-MS-Office-2011-3-Months-Warranty-/191174668218If it's a 17",...
It could stand as evidence for board representation. If their workforce is 20% women, they don't need 50% of the board to be women.Whatever way the numbers turn out, I think they should consider Salma Hayek for the board:Female and Mexican, that's two groups in one. I'm sure she's good with computers and things to qualify for the board.
Someone needs to own the property you live in and everyone needs to live in a property. The choices are you own something yourself or you rent permanently. Renting is fine up until you retire. After that, if you don't have sufficient savings or private pension you're a burden on the state and you wouldn't want to take handouts for that I assume.If housing was affordable (under $50k), most people could pay it off within 5-10 years. This would allow salaries to be lower and...
I kind of prefer the up-front fee but only if I know the app will be good and I discovered it was far harder to determine this in the App Store than with PC titles. That's where freemium or free-to-play as it's known on Steam is taking off as it's like a demo that you pay for once you find you like it or pay nothing if you don't. The problem is nobody really knows how to do it in a way that's not annoying. EA got burned over this as they advertised one of their games as...
They don't make a lot of money relative to the likes of Apple. Their 2013 financials are here:http://www.creative.com/corporate/investor/files/AR/fy13.pdfThey made a loss of $84m in 2012 and a profit of $17m in 2013. Their assets stand at $163m for the company and $319m for the group that includes their subsidiaries. They got $100m from Apple in 2006 ($118m adjusting for inflation) so most of their $163m assets will have come from suing Apple.One of their subsidiaries is...