or Connect

Posts by Marvin

That's true, I should have said they'll have earned interest on it or invested it in growth stocks to keep it ahead of inflation.
Apple's forum is their official one so they can't be expected to condone people recommending competing products and taking action against the company. That's what forums like these are for.Your machine is worth what it can be replaced for or its resale value in working condition. If it's a 15", that's about £550:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MacBook-Pro-15-2-5x2-5-0Ghz-320GB-4GB-MS-Office-2011-3-Months-Warranty-/191174668218If it's a 17",...
It could stand as evidence for board representation. If their workforce is 20% women, they don't need 50% of the board to be women.Whatever way the numbers turn out, I think they should consider Salma Hayek for the board:Female and Mexican, that's two groups in one. I'm sure she's good with computers and things to qualify for the board.
Someone needs to own the property you live in and everyone needs to live in a property. The choices are you own something yourself or you rent permanently. Renting is fine up until you retire. After that, if you don't have sufficient savings or private pension you're a burden on the state and you wouldn't want to take handouts for that I assume.If housing was affordable (under $50k), most people could pay it off within 5-10 years. This would allow salaries to be lower and...
I kind of prefer the up-front fee but only if I know the app will be good and I discovered it was far harder to determine this in the App Store than with PC titles. That's where freemium or free-to-play as it's known on Steam is taking off as it's like a demo that you pay for once you find you like it or pay nothing if you don't. The problem is nobody really knows how to do it in a way that's not annoying. EA got burned over this as they advertised one of their games as...
They don't make a lot of money relative to the likes of Apple. Their 2013 financials are here:http://www.creative.com/corporate/investor/files/AR/fy13.pdfThey made a loss of $84m in 2012 and a profit of $17m in 2013. Their assets stand at $163m for the company and $319m for the group that includes their subsidiaries. They got $100m from Apple in 2006 ($118m adjusting for inflation) so most of their $163m assets will have come from suing Apple.One of their subsidiaries is...
It's in part due to the way banks leverage their assets but productivity helps to keep it stable. Most people try to own their own home and that's where a huge chunk of long-term debt comes from that people pay off with many years of work and banks take the interest. If they aren't productive enough or the interest rates increase, it collapses as happened in 2008. While some see a system that provides for the lower incomes groups as reprehensible, the alternative as...
Not quite, this thread a couple of months ago got very little attention:http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/05/21/apple-issues-safari-704-and-614-updates-with-enhanced-securityThis Adobe bug lets attackers steal cookies, the Safari bug let attackers run arbitrary code. Security bugs in plug-ins are objected to more strongly as they are really optional add-ons.
The problem is too many developers are struggling to stay afloat so they are trying to use mobile to make a good return on investment. I think all the studios want the one-hit wonders like Angry Birds and Candy Crush. Crytek who makes the above game is having some financial...
Thunderbolt and mini-displayport are the same connector although they aren't always compatible with each other; in this case they are. Apple started with mini-displayport on their computers, a port standard that they designed. When they started adopting Thunderbolt, which merges displayport output with PCIe, they just put it over the same mini-displayport.The cables above will connect a computer with Thunderbolt to a 4K display with either displayport or HDMi input.