or Connect

Posts by Marvin

EPS growth is not the same as earnings growth. They did a stock buyback so reducing the shares increases the EPS even when the E is unchanged. Their earnings (revenue, net income) are almost unchanged since last year.When investment banks say things like the management is doing better, they couldn't care less about how they are doing as a company and don't even know how it's being run; it's about returns on their investment, which requires constant growth or high...
Given that it has developed in the last month, the phone works elsewhere, the cables work elsewhere, other user accounts don't work and other devices work on the Mac hardware, it sounds like an OS problem. Which version of OS X are you using and did you update the OS around the time the problems started or some other system software? Apple has a support document for OS 10.6 suggesting an iOS device could fail to show up but it doesn't apply to newer...
It's one of their best-selling models, I reckon they'll go Haswell refresh with 800 series GPUs but if they plan to ditch the 13", they might update them at the same time.I thought a quad-i7 13" with Iris Pro would be quite good but it's a higher powered chip so they'd have to ship a different PSU for that model. Plus, how many people who want that raw performance would want a 13" screen? The reason for the power is productivity and 13" is small. I'd say a cheaper, lighter...
That's quite strange behavior. Have you tried plugging in the iPhone to the laptop and then repeatedly removing and plugging in the Lightning end to the iPhone, including reversing the direction of the Lightning cable? Does it ever make the bleep noise when the cable goes into the iPhone?
Check to see if your 27" iMac is supported for use as a display with the Mac Pro:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3924?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US#1Is the iMac not turning on or does it just have a HDD failure?
Ming-Chi Kuo has had some accurate timelines and rumors but more and more he pads out his well-sourced info with wild speculation. He suggests investors shouldn't expect a television set until 2015-2016:http://www.macrumors.com/2013/11/12/apple-television-set-not-expected-until-2015-or-later-but-a7-apple-tv-could-come-in-2014/Rumors that turn out to be false are always delayed until they stop mentioning them and hope everyone forgets they brought it up.I didn't think there...
If they went 15", they could share the display panel between the Air and Pro and just switch out the base unit. This means their laptop line would only have 2 panels vs 4 if they dropped the old Air.This may be why the laptop line is taking so long to update. It looks like Broadwell is off the...
That's from any single album, not cumulative, which I wouldn't say is all that surprising given the price difference between a game and an album:http://www.vox.com/2014/7/11/5890237/aerosmith-made-more-money-from-guitar-hero-than-from-any-one-of-its-albumsThey sold 150m albums cumulatively, each band member has over $100m and 4m copies were sold of their version of the game from which they are paid a royalty. Overall, they made more money from music. The guy from...
If you make a new user account and open iTunes/iPhoto when logged into the new account does it show up? Don't sync anything with the other account, just check if it appears.