or Connect

Posts by Marvin

If you still have a hard drive, that could be causing a bottleneck. SSDs in the new 13" laptops are 1300MB/s reads, whereas older laptop drives were 30-50MB/s, the new MBP SSD is over 20x faster. Those numbers are for sequential reads, random reads are much lower. Separate audio tracks would be located in different parts of the drive so the mechanical read head in platter drives has to keep jumping back and forward, as well as for the OS and software. Some people here...
I use waypoints on maps too. Even for just a return journey because I don't like to plan the return route when I'm at the destination. It should be straightforward enough to add. Once you have set the start/end, just have a button to 'add waypoint' and have a vertical list that can reorder the position. If the waypoint goes beyond the start/destination then switch the start/destination to be waypoints and the waypoint to be the start/destination.
The recently updated 13" rMBPs got Broadwell and Force Touch so Skylake will be less of a jump than it will be for the 15", which stuck with Haswell. Intel is still aiming for 50% faster graphics though (this would also mean faster OpenCL). Skylake can optionally have DDR4 memory too, which is higher bandwidth. There's the move to USB C and Thunderbolt 3, which is more future-proof. There's also wireless charging, data and video. If Apple implements wireless charging, that...
The constructive route to take then would be to post your excitement in Mac threads, which you don't seem to be doing much of, rather than posting all the negatives in threads you don't care for. Stating a negative once or twice is enough for people to know how you feel.The Mac forums...
It looks like it's still doing box selections. It should help improve positioning the cursor initially but then it'll just do a single box upwards or downwards from there and it obscures the view with the keyboard still up. I'd rather it was done by having a button at the top of the keyboard like the scissor icon shown, which you'd tap and it would become like the shift-key in a persistent state. The keyboard would then slide down and single finger tap would select a word,...
If you make the same comments in multiple threads that have nothing to do with that topic then you are being a nuisance poster. You mentioned you were banned from Macrumors for doing this:http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/161575/going-out-with-a-bang-my-good-riddance-message-to-macrumorsThere's a saying about doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results. You usually get enough chances to change here (much to other people's frustration who would...
It'll be to cover every use case, people won't track all of the data. A lot of these ones will only be used by someone trying hard to get pregnant. Fitness people will enter different data. If someone recently had a skin cancer scare, they might choose to track UV exposure. If someone doesn't need to track the data, it stays empty. There's a whole range of things Apple can add, all kinds of bodily excretions have different colors and odors that give indications about...
I thought it was a good interview, Phil's got a great sense of humor:Gruber: did the video stay up?Audience member: No!Phil: It's hard to do right.He's a lot better when he has someone to play off and he seemed really relaxed. When he presents on his own during events, there isn't enough opportunity to introduce humor into what he's saying.His answers didn't sound scripted to me but he's a marketing guy through and through so it'll sound like it to some people. He'd be...
Steve Jobs said 2015 for a moving-in date (18:00):In 2011, he said they wanted to break ground in 2012 and move in 2015. It's not Apple's operation though, when do builders ever complete things on schedule, especially something of this scale?That was reported a while ago:http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2013-04-04/apples-campus-2-shapes-up-as-an-investor-relations-nightmare"Since 2011, the budget for Apple’s Campus 2 has ballooned from less than $3 billion to nearly $5...
Yeah, Objective-C isn't as nice to look at:They should rename that one Comic Sans Francisco.As an air hostess I agree but as a fireman I prefer Helvetica Neue. San Francisco leaves too much space between letters:It makes sense on the Watch as the screen is tiny but it's not needed on the iPhone and iPad. I'd have preferred them to leave Helevtica Neue (or a cleaned up variation) on OS X and iOS and just keep San Francisco on the Watch.It'll be easy to adapt to but they...