or Connect

Posts by Marvin

I didn't even realise this one was longer than past keynotes when watching it. I actually found this one quite interesting to watch. The boring ones for me are when they talk about how many people visit their stores and other stats. I thought Jimmy Iovine and Drake were good on stage. The music act at the end was much better than some of the ones they've had before.Over time, these events will probably seem more boring to people because they get further away from...
step 1 - invent horrible future scenariostep 2 - express outrage at invented future scenario (for the sake of the children)Shooting games typically don't use passive civilian targets. They give you a reason to shoot people by defining them as a combative enemy.The scenario you describe would only be done in an Indie mobile game where there's very little quality standards but even then, it would be technically challenging doing photoreal 3D object creation and removal and...
Command-R should boot the recovery partition but you can also hold the alt/option key when booting and it will show up there.Booting the recovery partition is if you want to do a full wipe. This will require downloading and installing the OS again because it will wipe everything but that's what you have to do to get a completely clean OS install. You'd use recovery mode to do the OS download and install.If you want to zero the drive and the option in Disk Utility is...
Has that file been recreated by the OS? It should replace it on rebooting. Rebooting into safe mode by holding shift might force it to recreate the file if it hasn't and you'd reboot again.In system prefs > network > wifi, the Network name drop down should show available networks and allow you to manually scan for available networks. Creating a network is for something else. It's just the join network buttons that are needed to connect.
They'd be male-male. It would just have the TB2 plug on one end and USB C on the other. The two controller chips between them would convert the data.
That problem might be fixed by doing what's suggested here:https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3175514?start=0Delete the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist, then reboot and try logging in to the store again.
The parent company Zenimax owns id software which also made iOS titles but skipped Android versions for financial reasons:http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-news/android-game-news/1494-rage-wont-be-coming-to-android-anytime-soon-according-to-john-carmackMore than half of Android devices are sold at less than $254. Android folks like to throw around 80% marketshare but Google claims 1 billion active users. Apple should be somewhere around 500-600m and almost all...
The command-R only works for 10.7 or later, which created a recovery partition. The USB stick is probably your installer, which you should be able to boot from by holding alt/option at boot. Then you can open Disk Utility, erase the drive and reinstall OS X. Another route you can go is to open the Mac App Store and install the latest Mac system, which will be Yosemite at the moment. Your Mac will support this. Installing this would create a recovery partition. Most of...
There's an app called Pacifist that will bypass the OS X installer: https://www.charlessoft.com Just select the installer using that app and it will move the files to the appropriate locations bypassing the checks that block the installation.
I don't think they'll have TB dongles for TB2, they'd just have TB3 to TB2 cables. The cable ends have controller chips in them. A small adaptor would probably be cheaper but they might not be able to do the conversion in a small passive adaptor. With the cable, the controller can convert the signal and send down the right signal to the TB2 chip on the other end.For USB A, the current Macbook adaptors would work ok with TB3.I also don't think they'll have ethernet ports...