or Connect

Posts by Marvin

I think it's too cumbersome to have a phone nearby all the time. The part using audio would mean you'd have to shut off music and unplug headphones to login every time. Connecting via other methods like Bluetooth or wifi would be ok but may be more susceptible to local attacks like at a coffee shop. Then there's the issue of logging in on the phone itself, the phone is being treated as though it's the secure device where they suggest that if someone steals the phone, they...
Passwords have a number of flaws:- they are annoying to type in- people choose short or easy to remember passwords for convenience- people reuse passwords across sites- the act of typing in and sending a password can be intercepted over the shoulder, via communication interception, via phishing etc- they can be guessed or brute forced- there are too many services that need passwords so it's hard to remember them all and it's not nice changing them all after a security...
I think that's the one she meant. No matter what way their iCloud service was accessed, it was the service they were using at the time and they'd say the same about any other service. People on the forum had concerns about it years ago:http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/150147/users-raise-questions-about-apples-security-after-icloud-hacks#post_2111719"It took me about 30 seconds to figure out a "crack" for iCloud if I have someone's Apple ID and considering the ubiquity of...
That right and that's what Apple is now saying:http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/182057/apple-says-icloud-is-safe-and-secure-stolen-celebrity-pics-were-targetedI was saying if the attack used was the brute force weakness, Apple would have been accountable for it but they have clarified it wasn't. I wonder how many news networks will update their stories.
If someone robbed a bank, they'd blame the bank robber but if someone stole cash from another account easily from an ATM, they'd blame the bank for poor security as well as the robber. The only way companies escape blame is if they took adequate steps to ensure high security and if the successful attack used was the brute force attack, Apple failed in that regard here but we don't know which attack was used for certain. The photos of Mary Winstead were apparently taken...
The iPhone is a phone, not a card. I was saying the only concern I'd have carrying just a phone is if a store or restaurant didn't have the facility to process a phone payment.Again, a dead iPhone is a pretty unlikely scenario and I'm sure staff in the restaurant could supply a charging cable rather than resort to doing the dishes.Visa and credit cards are fairly close in terms of total transactions but people spend more on credit (the data will have gone up in recent...
That raises a point about heavily technology-based watches. The person who spent $11,000 on the watch would otherwise have had $11,000 in a bank doing nothing and the expectation would be that the watch won't depreciate significantly over time so it's not so much a stupid way of losing $11,000, it's an investment in hardware rather than having liquid assets. Wealthy people do that all the time so that worst case they have a reserve to fall back on. A heavily...
Any language software is going to have different performance in different contexts so it's going to be a point companies use in marketing. Siri doesn't perform very well here for example: Cortana here has some pretty funny responses - the user asks about Ballmer about halfway through: But then, Siri has come in useful here: The new iOS voices sound much more human so that's not really a plus for Cortana. The only true comparison for performance is for multiple...
The nudity has to be a significant part of it. If they were just fully clothed holiday snaps, there would be nowhere near the same level of concern nor interest from the public.That's not how they do it though, starting with memorable words and phrases cuts down the combinations significantly (maybe it can't strictly be called bruteforce but it's still using...
It's a pretty unlikely scenario. The iPhone warns you when you hit 10% and 5% battery life. If someone is taking it past 5%, they are risking being without a means of emergency communication too. The bigger concern IMO is that the restaurant wouldn't be able to take the payment, that's why people carry multiple cards but partnering with the big companies should help ensure compliance.