or Connect

Posts by Marvin

I wonder why Google doesn't get in on that sort of thing with Google Maps. Especially for big product launches, retailers can even feed XML stock updates directly to them like for the Shopping section. That's one thing I think is lacking with retail shopping. If I'm in a shopping center, I often know the product I want and there might be 20 potential stores that have the item but I have no way of checking what options are in surrounding stores.Say that I want to buy a pair...
If you used the same password for an email account, that could be some cause for concern but you'd really have to be using public wifi and that should be encrypted using an SSL proxy anyway.This would be up to Huddler to implement but they use load-balanced servers and host multiple sites. There isn't a single dedicated server to install a certificate on. Facebook and Twitter have their own data centers dedicated to just their sites. You generally need a dedicated IP per...
I very much doubt that. People aren't typically ambidextrous so they'll have difficulty putting a watch on and off the dominant hand as well as controlling it. Not only that, it will look terrible - you only put things on both sides if they match like cufflinks, earrings, socks. Differently designed items on each side will look silly. More so when they have a functional element because people will be raising one hand or the other by mistake.I preferred Newson's and Ive's...
The developer of the following site posted the link on the forum, it has an interactive map to check availability: http://idevicechecker.com It looks like there are quite a few available but sometimes they only have 128GB models.
In that case, I would wait for the October event because the 13" Air and 13" rMBP aren't much different in terms of weight and performance. If the Air goes Retina, there is no need for the 13" rMBP and a new design would be able to replace both the old 13" Air and 13" rMBP. It might not ship until later as it would be based on Broadwell Core M but it should be worthwhile.
Nah he can just phone it in now. iPhone 6 - just bigger, thinner and rounder and then they get him in for the voiceover on the video. He lives 1.5 hours away from HQ now (worse if there's heavy traffic), there's no way he's doing a 3+ hour round trip every day. He had enough free time to design all those auction products a while back. They probably just decided to make the watch to give him something to do. Once product ranges reach a certain level in their design, they...
The Retina Macbook Pro was just updated recently:http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Retina_MacBook_ProThe next refresh will use Broadwell chips but they don't arrive until Q2 2015.The speculation on the October event is for a Retina Macbook Air (and a Retina iMac, Thunderbolt display and probably an updated Pro). The MBP is already Retina so is ahead of all of them. The Air may also switch to a fanless design.If you just need a basic 15" laptop, there's a possibility that...
To see if it's the format that's the problem rather than iMovie itself, you can try running the files that aren't working through Handbrake:https://handbrake.frThat will output H.264 again but it will be a re-encoded version and different from the original. Another thing to check would be your console log in /Applications/Utilities - check to see if there are any error messages just after trying to import a movie clip.
I didn't say OS X supports SLI, I was saying that if Apple had used NVidia cards then it would be appropriate to ask why they hadn't implemented SLI. They didn't use NVidia cards, they used AMD cards and the feature for AMD is CrossFire.
There's a suggestion here about iMovie marking movies as rejected:https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3714663?start=0&tstart=0"it turns out that iMovie was automatically marking the movies I was importing as "rejected" for some reason. They weren't showing up in the iMovie window (but werein the finder) because I didn't have "show all clips" marked at the bottom of the iMovie window. So, it was marking them as "rejected" and only showing movies that weren't marked as...