or Connect

Posts by Marvin

People who are fashionable like to color-match items. The gold iPhone for example can match all of someone's gold jewellery and now the gold Macbook. All the same price as the other colors. The watch colors are different prices. If you had gold bracelets, rings and necklaces and a gold iPhone but were not very well-off, you can't get a gold colored watch to match everything else. 3rd party gold plating will likely solve this problem but I don't agree that having a $10k-17k...
The internet counts as an app. If app=application as in an activity then the internet counts, if app=application as in software then it's the browser/webkit. The mobile internet is one of the most important aspects of iOS. Even the App Store, which makes billions in revenue and supports thousands of developers is a cloud-based system.The iPhone and iPad both have activities and software that the devices are primarily used for - gaming and social networking/browsing. Gaming...
They hired some of the people from the external ad agency they used. The watch ones look similar to the other lifestyle ads they did before:I'm not sure when the transition happened though. Some of the ads that came before the switchover look similar to the ones after so I think the new ad team is either trying to continue the same style of ads or the people they hired are doing the same style they did before.I quite like this style of ad and I think it's hard for others...
It depends on when Skylake-H chips would be available. If they arrived in October, it would be unlikely that Apple would use them after updating the MBP in June with Broadwell. They'd just delay the update until 2016.Skylake is a much bigger improvement than Broadwell as the GPU moves to 72 cores. It also has DDR4 memory so laptops can get up to 32GB and higher bandwidth memory, which helps the iGPU. There's PCIe 4 too and TB3, double the bandwidth up to 5K display...
Like back when you wanted them to add bigger screens to the iPhones you mean?I think the communication side is important for the watch. It's a notifications device so what would be the harm in just being able to tap out a quick reply? It doesn't have to be a keyboard.
Won't the box depend on the strap type? The leather and sport bands would be flat but the link bracelet was unboxed attached to a cylinder.
I reckon they don't want to deal with water damage of any kind so this gives them an easy way to never deal with it, even if damage only happened in a small amount of cases. It's probably more likely to let water in when you press the buttons in. Would Apple gain much by saying it's waterproof? More people would then just start using it in the water, including the gold one. The people that are adventurous enough will use it in water anyway.It's only $350 and it didn't...
It looks like a user-submitted change:"both were apparently added through Google Map Maker, a feature that lets users contribute to maps by adding useful details such as street names, parks, and places of interest. Information added through Google Map Maker is ostensibly moderated, but in this case, it seems, quite a lot has slipped through the net."Google clearly reviews Maps as well as they review Apps. I doubt anyone will be fired over it. User pranks are going to...
They're going round instead, although Samsung's will likely be Tizen not Android:http://www.samsungmobilepress.com/2015/04/24/Samsung-to-Release-SDK-for-Next-Generation-GearI like how they say 7th generation like that's an achievement, it only came out late 2013. I wonder if Samsung will go all-in round or stick with both shapes to see which consumers prefer.
It's all down to the upgrade cycle. Mac Pros retain their value better because of the slow upgrade cycle. If upgrades come every year then depreciation rates should be similar to Macs/iPhones (about 25% per year or so).I think it would drop a little more because the choice would be between a 3 year old Sport model for ~$200 and a brand new one with new straps and warranty for $350.There's no way these are going to appreciate in value. They'll have a brand new gold model in...