or Connect

Posts by Marvin

I noticed in a picture of Marc Newson, he's wearing a watch with a square back and a round face:I suppose that's an option but I still like the fully round bezel because it helps you forget it's a computer. When you see the Galaxy, you think that's a tiny smartphone on a strap; when you see the 360, it doesn't look anything like a smartphone.
I think if Apple made a square watch, it would flop. The iPod watch showed what that would look like:As for the 360, perhaps they can use those new transparent solar cells:http://www.newenergytechnologiesinc.com/technology/solarwindowThe watch should mainly use battery while it's being used so would be uncovered. The same goes for smartphones really. I'm not sure how well it would charge it but an extra 30-50% would be worthwhile. The 360 should consider something like...
There are stats that show Switzerland's position in the watch market: http://www.statisticbrain.com/wrist-watch-industry-statistics/ Number of watches sold annually worldwide - 1,200,000,000 Number of Swiss Watches sold annually - 29,200,000 Number of watches produced by China annually - 663,000,000 Number of watches produced by Hong Kong annually - 354,000.000 Average cost of a Swiss watch - $739 Average cost of a China watch - $3 Switzerland watch market share in terms...
Do you mean a hard drive or was it a model with an SSD in it? The original Air models came with platter drives but now have SSDs. A failing hard drive is something that can happen with any machine so it shouldn't be used as a basis for buying a different system. Still, if you're looking for a new machine, the Air still hasn't gone Retina yet, unlike the Asus.
They apparently switched the Facetime camera round with the proximity sensor so the camera is now left of the earpiece. Some knockoff models have extra circles. There was talk of adding a flash to the front, I guess to make better looking selfies.
Isn't that your job? The Windows market doesn't respect size any more, it's all about value. Apple can make any size they want but if it doesn't compete on price, it won't hit the high volume market. There's no profit to be made in making the cheapest product in a lineup the most compelling either.
Right now, he uses a Windows laptop so it's more than just a basic upgrade. This would be the first investment in the Mac ecosystem. It's best to buy just after a new model comes out and the sooner people move from Windows the better.One of the primary uses he noted in the past was sex webcams so unless his girlfriend or wife is one of the models, I'm guessing long-lasting favors would be out of the question - they'll only last until his tokens run out.
Apple has already laid the foundations for such a move by deprecating legacy APIs. I don't think a port to ARM would need as much work from Adobe. There is some dependence on Java to be considered as well as plugins but if they could get 4 or 8 quad-cores (totalling 16 or 32 cores) in at price points where a single dual or quad-core from Intel is available, it might be worth doing. It's definitely worth experimenting with. ARM doesn't beat Intel much on...
The piano music didn't fit well at all. It's hard to get good, affordable, royalty-free music though. The following site has a good selection but pricey:http://www.premiumbeat.com/royalty_free_music/acousticIf you mute the video and play Clap Tap along with it, I think it fits better. You really have to have a unique track per video clip though or it gets old real quick. Maybe if they bought a selection of 10 or so they could cycle round them and use different loops.Now,...
There are quite a few double standards that have been brought up in the aftermath. There have in fact been pictures of male celebrities released in the past such as Dylan Sprouse whose ex-girlfriend uploaded the pictures (the link has the images so don't visit it if you don't want to see them - they aren't fully nude):http://www.sugarscape.com/main-topics/lads/1001283/nude-photos-former-disney-star-dylan-sprouse-leaked-online-picsYou can see comments from girls at the...