or Connect

Posts by Marvin

A lot of solutions are intended to deal with incoming mail. So for example, generating an address that you give to a provider and it only allows mail to come from that one source. But say it's Paypal and they need you to contact them from the address, you need to have your SMTP server authenticate it correctly. Apple's method is intended to work in both directions transparently mapping the disposable address with the non-disposable one.The UI described would be in...
There seems to be a decent enough variety in the design of larger phones (Samsung's design looks worst here IMO):but Apple would struggle to maintain their iconic design with such a large display. Some people think that's an indication they'll move away from their design, I think it's an indication they won't use such a large display. They could even make the phone physically smaller with a 4.2-4.3" edge to edge display.
I think the large Tesla is above 200 miles but a smaller, cheaper car could have a smaller battery. But I'd still agree that an affordable car would have to retain a decent range. The plus I suppose is that it would charge more quickly so if you don't go more than 100 miles in a day, a small town car Tesla could easily be charged every night at home in 3 or 4 hours.That's the other thing with home charging though is that not everyone has their own garage where they can...
That's what they all say but naturally this site discusses Apple patents so that's the ones we always hear the criticism of. When it comes round to one of Google's or Samsung's patents being invalidated, the people who complain about Apple's ones usually change their view on patents.Your mention that it's not a new idea implies the patent is worthless. Unless it's new, it's not patentable. The idea being the details provided and not the concept. People object to the...
I'm all for nuclear powered transport:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_submarines25 years without refuelling. Same with power for homes. Relying on and paying for the electrical grid or gas shouldn't be necessary. It just needs fusion to be figured out:http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/feb/12/nuclear-fusion-breakthrough-green-energy-sourceLasers and gold, the stuff of James Bond. If nuclear fusion is eventually figured out, that's it, clean energy for all...
It's concerning that it is but it's a result of making Ive the most important figure at Apple. The same happened with Steve Jobs. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.On the one hand it's nice to see the face behind the products but when we know that face is gone, it brings in an uncertainty that the company can keep doing the same things. You very rarely see the same people at Sony, Samsung, Microsoft etc and even if you see them, they aren't built up to be...
The strap is another thing that watches tend to do the same way. They overlap some part of the band, even ones that have the clasp. The ideal strap would be one that has no visible break in it requiring an overlap. This could perhaps be a thin strap pulled in under the watch face or maybe a diagonally shaped strap that connects sideways. Whatever connection method they go with, it should be almost instantly attached and detached. No fumbling with a catch or buckle. Like...
It would be funny if it wasn't so annoying. A Windows user, clearly not reading the patent, signing up to an Apple forum to express an objection, even waited 2 years for the right moment.The patent mentions systems that append characters to the left side of a standard standard email address. Some services don't allow you to use characters like + in the email address so the system breaks down. Even with systems that allow the addresses, they can strip off the characters and...
There were devices that were referred to as Pocket PCs between about 2000-2011:Microsoft has always said that mobile devices should be considered PCs too.Apps, Word, Excel, images, Opera, Internet Explorer etc. There's not enough of those old devices to be worth counting but they meet a lot of the PC criteria people have for smartphones. I never considered the likes of Palm, Windows Mobile, even the Newton to be PC replacement devices. Same with the likes of the palmtops...
They got the lengths wrong in the article, it's $1300 for 200ft (60m), $660 for 100ft (30m). Given that the price doubles based on length doubling, I don't think it's all down to the plug components. It is expensive for a cable but it's a limited market - even less than 10Gbps Ethernet or fiber channel as it's not used in servers.