or Connect

Posts by Marvin

I doubt the government would be considering such a setup because for one thing, they've demonstrated they are in the back pocket of the financial industry so I expect them to maintain a system that doesn't harm them. The tax system also has controls in that they can tax certain products more highly than others like fuel, cigarettes, alcohol. They could still do this with a transaction tax but that would need to be accounted for - in a supermarket bill for example,...
I agree about entrepreneurs not liking to report to someone else but the payment shouldn't be important. They already have hundreds of millions of dollars. They spent over $100m to buy back in.There's also the matter of the acquisition being in cash or stock. With stock, they may have to commit to projects for a certain timeframe. The people in question don't own 100% of beats either, some of Apple's purchase should make its way to their competitor HTC. Dre etc own less...
They work fine for a lot of DS-like games, maybe even Mario Kart but some games need multiple simultaneous inputs and when you hold a device to use the accelerometer, that leaves you with 1 thumb on each hand.They'd have a marketing budget but for someone visiting the store, Nintendo wouldn't be guaranteed a promotional banner for a new title like they'd have in their own store.If it was an Android OS, quite possibly but I reckon 3rd parties would at least additionally...
It's unapologetically elastoplastic.I like that style. I'd miss the chamfered edge but that looks nice. If the physical phone was the same size as the iPhone 5, that would be a good way to go IMO.
Will they scrap all those high priced headphones? That's a big chunk of revenue:http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/dr-dre-pays-150-million-buy-beats-dre-company/The two bought back 25% of the company for $150m in 2012."Dr. Dre was seen wearing his headphones in nationwide Dr. Pepper commercials and Jimmy Iovine was frequently wearing a pair around his neck during his appearances as an American Idol coach. The strategy worked and Beats By Dre...
You're describing the same problem I am but redefining the theft and labor. If someone invests capital in a successful company like Apple (e.g Icahn) and the tens of thousands of employees work away while Icahn is off lying on a beach, how can you call any gain he makes from the stock going up fruits of his labor? He's on the beach, he's not contributing to the value increase in the stock at...
All time travel representations are going to have continuity problems, even Back to the Future:http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/16532/the-plot-holes-and-paradoxes-of-the-back-to-the-future-trilogyhttp://whatculture.com/film/10-plot-holes-that-almost-ruined-back-to-the-future.phpBioshock also has parallel universes overlapping. You can't have two versions of one person existing at the same time and not have problems.The meaningful statement I take from the story is about...
I thought some of that at first but the way they tied them together was very well done. Pseudo-intellectual would still be better than none at all that you see in games where it's only gameplay like jumping around, racing or shooting. Gameplay focused games have their place but story-driven games do too and I would say more important for younger audiences. Bioshock Infinite has 10,000 lines of dialog with excellent character development and a story arc.The storyline is...
I'm not sure how that came from what I wrote there but it's clear that the whole system needs a balance. It's not about hating on anyone for being rich any more than hating on a pimp for exploiting impoverished women. The circumstances shouldn't exist for the exploitation to take place. The rich would still be rich under a more balanced system and still live a very lavish lifestyle.The danger in how the system works now is that the reward system is heavily weighted towards...
Originally decades ago games were for kids but in the mid 90s, Sony realised that kid gamers in the 80s would be getting into late teens/early 20s and still wanted to play games so they made the more grown up Playstation. Nintendo's successor the N64 didn't do nearly as well as the Playstation. The Playstation 2 sealed the deal and is the best-selling games console of all time. Over time, all age ranges have found some form of gaming that appeals.There are game industry...