or Connect

Posts by Marvin

He's on a temporary ban for using ad-homs. He'll be back Thursday sometime.
That's what business is all about unfortunately. You used to work in a bank, right? Imagine if someone came to their bank manager and said 'I have a business plan to sell products with little to no margins when I could get away with selling at a higher price and the intention is to make less money than I could, can I get a loan to start my business?'. They'd be politely asked to rethink their business plan.It's no more greedy than the companies that sell PCs and try to...
The 750M is a rebadge of the 650M, it's pretty much the exact same GPU except they increased the clock speed from 900MHz max to 967MHz (7% boost). In a lot of tests, the 750M actually comes out slower than the 650M.Iris Pro is more suited to OpenCL. It is overall slower for gaming than the 650M and 750M but is close in a lot of games. Someone tested Iris Pro here:http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1662978Starcraft 2 was 23fps, just above 1080p on Ultra settings....
The entry Pro (the cMBP) always had 4GB. They are trying to ultimately replace the cMBP with the rMBP so it makes sense to use whatever options allow them to do that without killing the margins.Why? Their entry cMBP model is the same as before.
It's enough for the entry model.It depends which profession it's used in. Professional software development and web development don't require all that many resources. Same with the legal profession, journalism, writers etc. You can chop together a video on 4GB RAM too.That's a 4Gbit chip, not 4GBytes of memory. 4GBytes needs 8x 4Gbit chips = $77, add 30% gross margins and you get $110, Apple charges $100 for the upgrade. Apple will most likely get memory cheaper (retail...
The offensive parts of posts are removed and infractions issued. Bans aren't for one incident, the infractions accumulate and there are temporary bans, he has had multiple infractions over a period of time and they have now resulted in a temporary ban. He will be back in 3 days. Everyone gets plenty opportunity to correct their posting style to be civil.
Their reputation is based on them being cheap though. If they were charging people to read their surveys, they'd lose out to another source of reviews.J.D Power:quality 1/5accuracy 1/5unbiased 1/5anything good 1/5price 5/5overall 5/5They are a global marketing firm so they need their click-bait. While price is normally an important consideration, tablet price points are low enough that $100 here and there isn't make or break for buyers and this shows in the...
They wouldn't satisfy both that way. They'd have people who want a portable device with a maximum 13" screen and people who want power with a much less portable device. The 15" uses very fast quad-core i7 processors (80% the speed of Intel's fastest desktop quad-cores) while still being very thin and light. There is a compromise on the GPU but it's silly to even consider a 100W GPU as it would drain the battery far too quickly when not plugged in so you aren't talking...
The more it happens though, the less people are going to invest in anything Apple does software-wise. It shouldn't happen over and over again. I'm not really sure what they expect a customer's reaction would be after they take major features out of a piece of software. The next casualties will be Aperture and Quicktime. If they plan to put the features back, why not get the software to a point where they are back in before releasing the update? They should have a rule that...
If it's a RAID drive, you'd probably have to use their software as OS X would set it up in software RAID. Pegasus and others have their own software too.