or Connect

Posts by Marvin

The parts eventually stop being manufactured so the later the replacement, the more likely they have to use refurbished parts. This probably lengthens the turnaround time for a repair if they can't find a refurbished part and maybe need to have one shipped from another store.It would be nice if they could even solder a newer lower powered GPU into the same motherboard.Recondition a batch of old boards with new GPUs and they shouldn't get the same problem again and again.
You'd just need a new drive, not a new mini.Check if the external is damaged by listening to the noise the external and internal on the old mini make when copying. Do the same for the new mini.You can also transfer directly from one mini to another over ethernet or wifi. Wifi is slower but if the old mini has 802.11n, a direct connection will go pretty fast. If you have an ethernet cable somewhere e.g in your router box, you'd just hook them together, turn file sharing on...
That's not what the comment was referring to, someone can have a playlist with multiple genres of music and appreciate all of them. There's no class system where you either only like rap and are a criminal or you only like classical music and are some highly educated musical aficionado.
Because people don't like it as much as other genres.You're trying to equate knowledge with preference, which is elitist. It would be like saying only educated people like strawberry ice-cream, that's not how preferences work.You seem to think that if people are exposed to jazz and classical music more that they will like it more. By the same measure, if you were more exposed to rap, would you like it more? Clearly not.People who like rap are not uneducated, ignorant or...
Marketing only goes so far. Young people don't want to listen to classical music and you can't recondition them to.They didn't hire Dre to promote rap music or its associated culture.There's a difference between someone using those phrases towards people in a demeaning way directly and when used in a song or in casual conversation. You can for example tell someone to f* off, which would be offensive or you can say 'wtf was that' in casual conversation. The f* isn't...
Do you mean copying from the internal drive or from the same external drive? If it's both their internal drives and the new one has been sitting unused for a while, there is a possibility that the hard drive got damaged in that one. Hard drives aren't supposed to sit idle for long periods as the mechanisms can fail but also hard drives are most likely to fail in their first few months of use and right at the end of their life cycle. That's one of the problems with...
Monster manufactured them. Like how Apple designs their products and then Foxconn etc manufactures them.
I don't see why Jony Ive would have a problem redesigning other products, he's done the same for Leica and others.I think Beats are already designed very well and the branding is nice too. It is unusual for Apple to maintain 3rd party branding but I think it's justified here. I expect Jony Ive will make the appropriate adjustments to the headphone design and build quality.The comment made about retaining compatibility with Android was interesting because how could...
What did you do just before the rainbow wheel appeared? If it hangs when copying files, the hard drive might be failing.
Promoting cultural intolerance is rarely a good thing. You don't have to like everything that's out there but people should be free to express themselves just as you are. If someone hates classical music, it doesn't mean they'd have a right to stifle it.I know the feeling you have though and I feel similarly towards modern art. To me it's insulting to artists who are passionate about what they express. However, if it's meaningful enough to someone else then their...