or Connect

Posts by Marvin

Yeah that's a bit strange with Quicktime. I don't suppose it has much option but to keep playing the frames and just wait until the drive has sent them. Drive speeds vary with platter density. Older 7200 rpm drives are slower than new high capacity ones so the RAID could easily be using older drives that would normally get 50-60MB/s on their own.The bitrates in the inspector are in bits/s whereas the drive speeds are bytes/s so the you'd divide those by 8. That should make...
It's the lack of DRM. They need to have secure feeds as well as features that can't easily be tampered with like if you pay for certain minutes of streaming or restricted feeds that it deducts from your balance. Some companies are against DRM but until HTML 5 has it, authoring companies simply won't use it.
Advertising is about sending a message and this message is dictated by the company to the ad agency. The message identifies what's important to the group of people who direct the company. Apple's most important message is the same as it has always been, which is that the form of the technology doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if it comes in a tower or a tablet or a phone. Without human interaction, those products do nothing. Apple's products are built in the service of...
It's important to remember that some of the NVidia GPUs from 2008 were defective, mostly the 8600M but some 9600M too.Modern computers are much better at cooling than before. Still, it helps not to block cooling vents. If you keep the laptop on a book or other hard surface when doing anything intensive, it allows the heat to escape under the display as well as above. If you have say a telephone book, put the back edge of the laptop hanging over the back of it. That allows...
There's no activity logs but as mentioned earlier, the most recent access is from a device she's never used before and a different country. If she had that device first and logged it in before handing it to someone, it would have logged it where she was so it seems more likely that she gave her login details to someone else e.g by email. She said before that she'd have someone post an obituary on the forum but maybe they are checking out if it's a good idea to do this or...
If the image was corrupted, it would most likely say it wasn't accessible. Your password and master key don't encrypt the image directly as this would require decrypting and encrypting on changing the password. They are used as key encryption keys and unlock the key that is used to encrypt the volume originally. This is how multiple keys can unlock the same volume. It's possible that your keychain might have been affected preventing your passwords from unlocking the volume...
For some reason, they prevent sleep when drives are encrypted too and affects all disks, not just firewire. If they are unencrypted, they spin down when ejected immediately. One way to get round the problem with encrypted disks and may work with this issue is to manually set disk sleep to the lowest option of 1 minute. The option in system prefs I believe defaults this to 10 minutes, which is way too long to wait for a drive to spin down during a drive eject. Use the...
If you run the Blackmagic speed test, what is the rating you get for the 7200 rpm drive?https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blackmagic-disk-speed-test/id425264550?mt=12Also, if you open the inspector window in Quicktime, what does it say is the bitrate for the video?You can also try using ProRes 4444, 422, 422LT and 422Proxy at 1080p and see how they run. I think 4444 will have trouble on a 7200 rpm drive but try it anyway.It depends on the program but when effects can be...
If you can login as root, can you try to mount the disk image using the terminal: hdiutil attach -autofsck /Users/username/username.sparsebundle Replace username with your actual home folder name. FileVault 1 sparse images can get corrupted during a system crash so it is possible that it won't be mountable.
It was Q4 for the dual-core chips:http://ark.intel.com/products/76348/Intel-Core-i5-4200M-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHzI haven't seen many of those used. The i7 chips have been available for a while but they couldn't leave the entry i5 out of the update. There were a couple of laptops using the 5200M reviewed in December:http://www.notebookcheck.net/Toshiba-Satellite-C75-A-13P.107132.0.htmlhttp://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-CR61-i5U45FHDW7.107948.0.html