or Connect

Posts by Marvin

It says the malicious code was submitted with the app but was dormant code. They perhaps split a malicious binary into parts and reassembled it to then execute it later or maybe just didn't call the code directly. They said Apple needs to do dynamic rather than static testing of the submitted apps to fix the issue. The fact they don't run apps explains why some apps get through with crazy in app purchases. Perhaps they need to hire some of their factory workers to manually...
Some of the cases have to be mods like these:http://www.anostyle.com/order-nowhttp://www.goldgenie.com/in/gold-iphone-5.phpI would think any gold parts would be a custom mod. I quite like the deep colors shown on that first site:I'd have liked that in the iPhone 5C (not two-tone) and these would also replace the iPod Touch. It would need something to be radio transparent but the iPod Touch works fine with the extra plastic bit on the back.As for the green case, it's...
The white contrasts quite heavily with the champagne - sometimes that has a nicer effect. I imagine they'd have matching lettering on the metal rather than silver.
I could see it having some merit if 90% of devices shipped were iOS devices and if software was priced very high. Neither of those are the case. Apple is at over 500 million iOS devices, Android 900 million. It's about 1/3 of the market worst case. I could see developers having suffered if they have been blocked from selling apps but the same goes for indie game console development.
They did the same thing with the 2012 Mac Pro where they compared a 12-core to a previous 8-core. Price has to factor into it because if they sell a new architecture 12-core at the same price as a previous architecture 8-core then they'd be right to say you get up to double the performance at the same price point.What they say on the site is up to double the floating point performance. If you look at a Geekbench score of the 2.4GHz 2012 12-core (this one happens to be...
The current low-end uses a $294 processor. There is an Ivy Bridge quad at this price:http://www.techpowerup.com/cpudb/1672/xeon-e5-1620-v2.htmlThere are entry FirePro GPUs too. SSDs can scale from 256GB. They can hit anywhere in the region $1999-2499.I don't know where people are getting the idea they'll only have a high-end model. They have no reason to jump from a quad-core iMac to a 12-core MP and leave nothing in between and they've never done this.It's only 3 weeks...
Some people also have a habit of quoting these comments multiple times immediately after they are posted, which makes it far more time consuming to clean up (e.g instead of 6 comments or so to delete, it turns into 30-50 comments across multiple threads) and no matter how many times this sort of thing happens, the same replies happen. These people sign up to the forum to get attention and rile people up. When people respond to them, they got what they came for. As soon as...
Yeah, that needs to be sorted out and not just for kids:http://www.businessinsider.com/spent-127-playing-candy-crush-saga-2013-7I don't know why they don't put a cap on every app at $20-30 and force users to manually lift the restriction. If anyone goes above the limit voluntarily, that's their choice. There can be another cap at $100. It would put an end to kids generating $1000+ IAP fees once and for all.This would be an area where Apple's control would be more appealing...
This confirms the older scores. The multi-threaded render benchmark was 38% faster than the E5-2687W. The latter scores 25.3 in Cinebench with dual CPUs so single is about 12.65 x 1.38 = 17.5 vs 16 in the current 12-core (9% faster). The 64-bit Geekbench score was noted as over 30,000 and the 64-bit of the 2012 12-core MP is ~25800 (16% faster).The CPUs in the old one cost $1440x2 = $2880 x 1.3 markup = $3744The single CPU likely won't cost over $2000 x1.3 = $2600This...
The space would be the same at the same resolution, it's just scaled up a little.I wouldn't say 1920x1200 is comfortable at that size as this eloquent uhm teenage uhm Youtube reviewer uhm points uhm out uhhhhm:At 2:00, what he says is: "if you have bad eyes, I do not recommend that you get this. I actually have glasses and I still think that this is uhm... it's kinda small but it's... I'd get use to it... uhm... yeah I don't really like the smallness".1920x1200 on the rMBP...