or Connect

Posts by Marvin

The downside to the emails is the added phishing attempts. They just change the Apple ID link, make people think they've been targeted and then get the login details directly. Some email clients are terrible for not showing the proper source. http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/apple-ids-targeted-kelihos-botnet-phishing-campaign There they use the address datacare@apple.com and you see no warnings in the email saying it doesn't officially come from apple.com. You can...
They use the same parts in a few areas though. Apple tends to select higher grade components where they can test them and they have more control here with SSDs. HDDs in Apple machines could be no more reliable than in a PC as they are sealed off-the-shelf parts and susceptible to damage from heat and movement.Yeah, they shouldn't have argued over that when you had Applecare.It depends on if you value the OS X system. If you can use Windows just fine, you will always find a...
100 microwatts would be nowhere near enough. The batteries in the smartwatches range from ~1-1.5 watt-hours so if they are to get 8 hour battery life, the power draw would be just under 0.2 watts average. You'd need 2,000 of the 100 microwatts generators to get that power. This is fine for standard watches:http://www.seiko-cleanenergy.com/watches/kinetic-1.html"In 1986, SEIKO's engineers succeeded in producing an IC with energy consumption of only 0.9 micro-watts of power,...
They will mean Ultrabooks and the Macbook Air, not the MBP. The chips for the MBP aren't due until Q2 2015.The Retina Macbook Air might be interesting if they make a 14"/15" model. That could replace the MBP for some people and would have a lower entry price.
That sounds very plausible. They got Ahrendts and Musa Tariq from Burberry, the building is shaped long and thin so a catwalk would fit in well and would look like a stage when being constructed. They obviously had dealings with Burberry with the Burberry fashion show and the iPhone 5s. I'm not seeing what wearable technology fits with a fashion show though from the point of view that the focus wouldn't be the fashion show, it would be the wearable. At least Jony can shake...
I noticed in a picture of Marc Newson, he's wearing a watch with a square back and a round face:I suppose that's an option but I still like the fully round bezel because it helps you forget it's a computer. When you see the Galaxy, you think that's a tiny smartphone on a strap; when you see the 360, it doesn't look anything like a smartphone.
I think if Apple made a square watch, it would flop. The iPod watch showed what that would look like:As for the 360, perhaps they can use those new transparent solar cells:http://www.newenergytechnologiesinc.com/technology/solarwindowThe watch should mainly use battery while it's being used so would be uncovered. The same goes for smartphones really. I'm not sure how well it would charge it but an extra 30-50% would be worthwhile. The 360 should consider something like...
There are stats that show Switzerland's position in the watch market: http://www.statisticbrain.com/wrist-watch-industry-statistics/ Number of watches sold annually worldwide - 1,200,000,000 Number of Swiss Watches sold annually - 29,200,000 Number of watches produced by China annually - 663,000,000 Number of watches produced by Hong Kong annually - 354,000.000 Average cost of a Swiss watch - $739 Average cost of a China watch - $3 Switzerland watch market share in terms...
Do you mean a hard drive or was it a model with an SSD in it? The original Air models came with platter drives but now have SSDs. A failing hard drive is something that can happen with any machine so it shouldn't be used as a basis for buying a different system. Still, if you're looking for a new machine, the Air still hasn't gone Retina yet, unlike the Asus.
They apparently switched the Facetime camera round with the proximity sensor so the camera is now left of the earpiece. Some knockoff models have extra circles. There was talk of adding a flash to the front, I guess to make better looking selfies.