or Connect

Posts by Marvin

HP has a Z820 with them now, dual E5-2697v2 24-core. Price is $9,999 with no GPUs and no PCIe storage. That's why Apple would never offer the MP with dual 12-cores. The CPUs are $2600 each from Intel. If Apple puts a 35% markup on them x2, you're looking at $7k retail just for the CPUs. HP's price for each CPU is here:http://h30094.www3.hp.com/product/sku/10715886/mfg_partno/722301-B21They offer dual E5-2670 for $7139 but again no GPUs. I reckon Apple will have a 12-core...
It also explains how they found room for a 16GB RAM option that wasn't available with the previous model.
If this design slots together like it seems to show so that it's both form-fitting and standalone in one unit, that at least means they can sell a single controller that works for both scenarios.
That doesn't sound good. You're certain this is the 2012 model and not a 2011 model purchased in 2012? The 2011 AMD GPUs have had a number of reported problems with graphics glitches:There's a video here with someone who has a 650M from 2012 with glitches too though:
The flat progress bar normally shows when a firmware update is being installed. If one is due to install, it will try and install it at boot up. There's a guide here for dealing with these: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57585013-263/how-to-handle-os-x-firmware-updates-that-wont-install/ "After following these steps, try rebooting again to see if the issue has been resolved. If not, remove any residual traces of past update attempts by opening the System > Library...
It's also unlikely anyone would put two dual E5-2697v2 processors in given how much they cost, Apple certainly wouldn't offer that option. There's benchmarks here with dual E5 CPUs:http://www.bostonlabs.co.uk/boston-labs-intel-xeon-e5-2600-v2-tested-part-i/I'd hoped the new 12-core E5-2697 would score 18 in Cinebench but it might be down below 14 (old Mac Pro was 16 - might explain why the new Mac Pro benchmarks page lacks CPU comparisons) judging by that and the...
The cash they have is included with their valuation though. Given that they are valued at $480b right now with I think $123b in assets after liabilities, if they manage to build up another $150b assets, surely that increases their valuation a bit, even though future earnings will have been taken account of to an extent. They might still be valued at $480b if they have $273b in cash but I suspect it would be higher if their earnings kept up. They'd be able to buy back over...
It's odd that they wouldn't round the educational models to whole figures at least. Maybe they have a new method of changing prices with the exchange rate.If you were going for a model with the upgraded 2.3GHz CPU, 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD, it costs the same with or without the NVidia GPU so it would probably be best in that case to get it with one as you can disable it if you don't want it to drain the battery quicker or generate more heat.If you only need the 16GB of RAM...
If you are mirroring over AirPlay, it will just copy the framebuffer that already has artifacts in it. Are you mirroring to the Dell too?What happens if you disable mirroring in system prefs > displays? Also, what happens if you close the MBP, mirror it to the external and wake it up using an external keyboard?
16GB is a decent amount but there are apps that can use all of it. Design apps have a single process; software like After Effects, Final Cut etc have two or more. So you can be working on a project with layers and exceed 8GB, which seems ok but then to export, the render process can load up another 8GB of data and max out the RAM, especially if there's an IGP using 1GB for video memory, the OS etc using 2GB. Same deal if you run just 3 apps using 6GB each e.g Photoshop...