or Connect

Posts by Marvin

The space would be the same at the same resolution, it's just scaled up a little.I wouldn't say 1920x1200 is comfortable at that size as this eloquent uhm teenage uhm Youtube reviewer uhm points uhm out uhhhhm:At 2:00, what he says is: "if you have bad eyes, I do not recommend that you get this. I actually have glasses and I still think that this is uhm... it's kinda small but it's... I'd get use to it... uhm... yeah I don't really like the smallness".1920x1200 on the rMBP...
The one they showed on stage looked black, which I think looks fine next to the silver peripherals:but in this image you can see it's black at the base and shiny chrome style at the top:and here, it looks very chrome-like and not black at all:The video just said it was black and you can see some silver chrome objects being carted around in the background at 0:15 for comparison:It may be a kind of black chrome style like you see on car wheels here:They were perhaps aiming...
It depends if the emphasis was on the word "now" - "a larger buyback should be done now". He may have meant Apple should buy back more shares in the near term, not buy back more shares than the $60 billion or so. It doesn't make a lot of sense to buyback shares when they are high value, Apple should buy more when they are lower priced and less after it goes up so that it adds more value to the remaining shares.I take your point that the fact he's talking to Cook indicates...
The highest spec is not the minimum requirement to succeed in any given market. Apple will do just fine with a single 12-core.And Apple knows it too. Not much point in designing a machine to take 128GB RAM if the company only offers 64GB. It's not as if they'd rather customers buy RAM elsewhere.Some professional jobs will benefit from the dual GPUs, some from the quiet operation, some from the fast PCIe SSD. Appealing to the masses and professionals is not mutually...
The largest shareholder has over $19b invested in Apple. I highly doubt Icahn invested anywhere near that much. He invested $320m in Netflix. He invested in Dell too:http://business.financialpost.com/2013/08/01/carl-icahn-sues-dell-in-latest-attempt-to-foil-us24-4-billion-buyout/?__lsa=cd79-4685He can be influential with other shareholders though despite not having a majority share. It doesn't sound like he's investing in Apple in order to enact any changes.
I'd say the best option would be to host it online. Having people download a 1GB+ .mp4 or other file just isn't that common. People like to have instant access. This is how some online movie sites do it. You just get a login and you can even topup minutes, which deplete as you watch or you can buy a license to a whole movie. I'm not sure if there are off-the-shelf solutions that integrate with Rapidcart, you might need some custom development. There are guides here for...
It depends on what's meant by saying he's biased. In the video he talks about how he sees Oracle technology being used for Android but they don't license anything:http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50152857nHe's doing alright there for 68. Billionaire, beautiful women (even if she's an ex now):All from databases.He sees Google as thieves. Even if they are Robin Hood-like thieves that take expensive tech and give it away (with the small difference from Robin Hood being...
Diskwarrior is still available for OS X and there are apps like Techtool Pro too:http://www.micromat.com/products/techtool-proThey can clean out caches, defragment drives/files but it's not necessary any more. If your system is running ok, let it be:And when the night is cloudy,there is still a light that shines on me,so my display still works,let it beI wake up to the sound of music,so my hard drive still works,let it beThe main thing people should do is regular backups,...
How do you plan on making the sale? Are they paying for a download of say a .mp4 clip or would they just get a license to stream the movie from your server and are you concerned about someone just uploading a .mp4 somewhere else? If you want buyers to have a movie with a menu, you'd have to author a lower bitrate DVD ISO that they'd burn to watch in a DVD player. You can't easily change the bitrates for that in iMovie, that's better done in something like DVD Studio Pro....
If Apple had special deals on, they'd be reported the same way:http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/07/31/apple-now-offering-refurbished-apple-tv-for-75That's not really news either, it's just promoting discounted items. Whatever discount is being mentioned, if customers save money, what's the harm in it? If you don't need any discounts, skip over the article.This is the same for news articles not about Apple but about Blackberry or Samsung, people complain about them. When...