or Connect

Posts by This1Guy

Thanks guys, seems like getting them replaced wont be such a difficult thing. I'll fill the request out tonight. Thanks again, --Daniel
I started noticing that there seems to be more distortion on the left ear bud of my MONTH old 4G 20GB iPod when playing songs as the volume is louder. My brother has the exact same iPod but the earbuds on his do not seem to have this problem (I've compared both, swapping earbuds, etc.). I'm afraid my left earbud may be blown out, is this suppose to happen a month after having it? I don't even play songs at maximum volume because the loudest setting is TOO loud and takes...
(update: I bought a new 20GB iPod yesterday and have already put my entire collection of 1,998 songs on it). So if when I get my computer back, and if it is blank, can I put the music on my iPod back onto the PowerBook? --Daniel
I need to send my PowerBook in for repair, and I need to back up my 2000 mp3's, as well as all my other documents I wish to keep. I am also buying a 40GB iPod, which I figured I could buy now to back everything up on. My question is, if the PowerBook were to be wiped clean while in repair, could I transfer everything back from the iPod to the computer? I could save other files like Word/AppleWorks documents/QuickTime videos. I don't know if I'm being clear, like could...
I finally got my 20GB 4G iPod today. I was put off by the 40GB's added thickness and weight and decided I really didn't need all that space. I wanted the thinner profile and lightness of the 20GB.
gar, are you serious with that post? youre sounding a little sarcastic there. im going to try to go out to the apple store today to see just how much bigger the 40 is over the 20. If I'm a student at a Cal State, I can get a discount right? And I got one of those Simon gift cards for $80, could I use that too? It has a Visa logo, and is apparently good anywhere. I can't see Apple rejecting it, it's Visa and has $80 on it. With that, and the Education discount...
Is the 40GB model that much thicker than the 20GB model (the new Click Wheel model)? --Daniel
Well, does it? I had read the story on AI that the iPod could get bigger hard drives, color screen, blah blah blah. But then these updated ones come out, so would this mean this is IT for now with the iPod line? It would seem as if it would be too soon to update the iPod again with color and bigger hard drives in 2 months after what was just released a few days ago. What do you all think? --Daniel
I've been wanting to buy an iPod for months now and I can't decide if I want to get the 20GB or spend the little more and go for the 40GB. All the music in my library is at the least 192K, and anything I rip off CD is done at 320K. I prefer the higher quality sound, although it makes for larger files. Currently I have about 1985 songs whick take up about 14.57GB. Obviously, this library will only continue to grow. I plan to transfer songs onto the iPod at good...
I am trying to listen to tracks off a new CD of an artist I like on her website. When I click on a song, it downloads a file onto the desktop with a .asx suffix. I double click but there is no default application to open this with. Can anyone show me how to play the tracks correctly. I would hate to think the artist's site was made assuming anyone navigating it was using a PC. If you'd like to see if the same thing happens to you, go to www.siamusic.net, click on...