or Connect

Posts by sennen

I regularly use the FW800 on my '09 17" MBP (not to mention on my MacPro at work). Once per year I break out the 400-800 adapter for the one FW400 drive I still have! But I'm looking forward to this new TB3/USB3.1 standard, hopefully cables and peripherals are somewhat more reasonable in price. Next year looks like the time to upgrade (but iMac R5k or 15" rMBP, still undecided).
Same configuration top end 15" rMBP is $50 cheaper than yesterday...
 As I posted on another thread, $400 increase overnight in Australia for a fairly maxed out iMac R5K (4GHz, 16g RAM, 4gb R9, 512gb). Damn currency.
Somewhat maxed out Retina 5K iMac (4GHz, 16g RAM, 4gb R9, 512gb) has gone up overnight by $400 here in Australia. Was $4.2k, now $4.6k. Bummer.
 I have the same machine, with a Crucial SSD and a 1TB HDD in an optibay adapter. Still great for at home, and I love the quality of the screen, not to mention the size yet I doubt we'll see a retina 17". My next Mac (next year?) may end up being a retina 5K. 
Indeed. And rather than cut into the profits of their mates in mining and media, the Abbott government will instead slug consumers with 10% GST on purchases from Netflix, Airbnb, Uber etc that were previously exempt.
Yup. They won't close the loopholes that allow companies to pay (much much less) tax in Singapore instead of here because it would upset all their mates in the mining industry.
Waaambulance time.
I'd roll back to 10.10.2 if that was the case for me.
I ran the update, although I hadn't experienced any issues previewing 18MP jpegs.