or Connect

Posts by sennen

Ha! Alienzed should see the cables and peripherals hanging off our current (2010 and earlier) Mac Pros. And tell my boss that he "doesn't need to buy more stuff". Too funny.
 Even if in of itself a legitimate and common business move, it simply acknowledges in formal terms what critics have been saying all along about the culture of Samsung.
 Yeah, you can look at your photo gallery on an S4 as well as an iPhone. Except on the S4 it takes 2 minutes to open.
 And they say Apple is all hype and marketing... :rolleyes: That's an obscene amount to spend on fluff.
Unfortunately this does nothing to deter Samsung from it's "Copy Now, Pay Later" business model.
    Firstly, who are you to decide for another poster what is the best thing to do with the cost of an iPad when it comes to their terminally ill relative? For goodness sake. Secondly, you admit a computer may not have been available. Also, we don't know the person's circumstances, but in terms of ease of use and portability, the combination of FaceTime (or Skype) on an iPad is probably the best combination available for someone that might not be as tech savvy as this of...
 So the next time Samsung steals Apple's IP, you will say the same thing? And Apple's responsibility to prevent someone stealing from them can only extend so far - it's not like they left the front door open in broad daylight for Samsung to walk in and rob them. The responsibility lies with Samsung for it's own actions, be it to 'innovate' or to steal.
 This is simply a continuation or evolution of what has been happening in China/Asia for the last 20 years. Previously we could get pirated VCDs and CDs of the latest release movies and albums for around 5-10 renminbi ('Chinese dollars') each, ie US$1 or $2, then it moved to DVD and now to digital media on USB. Any legitimate service has to compete with that, which is going to be very difficult.
 I don't see why Apple should license anything, especially to a company that stole from them.
 I disagree. As a non-American, I don't find 'Designed in California' jingoistic at all. It shows pride in your place of origin without chanting "USA! USA! USA!" in your face. The reality of California is far less important than the perception of it from outside, as well. Edit: And it seems the reality of California and Silicon Valley may not be as you describe, if Woochifer's posts are an accurate indication.