or Connect

Posts by sennen

And we're still waiting for you (or others) to supply the name of a manufacturer that is making large margins on a cheaper phone than the iPhone.
 Not at all. With a single license on Creative Cloud, for example, you can install on multiple machines, as long as you don't use them at the same time. That would be some feat, if you were out at a client's.
"the market will educate them."   That illustrious institution that was bailed out by tax-payers only a couple of years ago? Ha.
  For your office, at least, why limit yourself with 17" + 30"?   You could always keep the 17"-er for taking to clients if it 'barely' manages...
 (Apple) "Computer says no." Apple has no responsibility to make niche products that are more than likely not profitable. It has no responsibility to make products for all users - that is simply uneconomical. I love my 17" MBP, perhaps there will be one once more when retina panels at that size are more affordable, however I am more than accepting of the fact that I'll have to slightly alter my own expectations and work practices in order to be able to get the OS, user...
 What's wrong with your 2012 model that it needs replacing? If you are so concerned about the expense, I'd have thought you'd try to get a couple more years out of it. I'm still running my '09 17".
Who cares? Not many, I'd wager.
 People tend to skip over that important detail.
I'll repeat this post in this newer thread:   From Daring Fireball:   Agam Shah, reporting for IDG: “The comments made by Anand Chandrasekher, Qualcomm CMO, about 64-bit computing were inaccurate,” said a Qualcomm spokesperson in an email. “The mobile hardware and software ecosystem is already moving in the direction of 64-bit; and, the evolution to 64-bit brings desktop class capabilities and user experiences to mobile, as well as enabling mobile processors and...
From Daring Fireball:   Agam Shah, reporting for IDG: “The comments made by Anand Chandrasekher, Qualcomm CMO, about 64-bit computing were inaccurate,” said a Qualcomm spokesperson in an email. “The mobile hardware and software ecosystem is already moving in the direction of 64-bit; and, the evolution to 64-bit brings desktop class capabilities and user experiences to mobile, as well as enabling mobile processors and software to run new classes of computing...