or Connect

Posts by sennen

People tend to skip over that important detail.
I'll repeat this post in this newer thread:   From Daring Fireball:   Agam Shah, reporting for IDG: “The comments made by Anand Chandrasekher, Qualcomm CMO, about 64-bit computing were inaccurate,” said a Qualcomm spokesperson in an email. “The mobile hardware and software ecosystem is already moving in the direction of 64-bit; and, the evolution to 64-bit brings desktop class capabilities and user experiences to mobile, as well as enabling mobile processors and...
From Daring Fireball:   Agam Shah, reporting for IDG: “The comments made by Anand Chandrasekher, Qualcomm CMO, about 64-bit computing were inaccurate,” said a Qualcomm spokesperson in an email. “The mobile hardware and software ecosystem is already moving in the direction of 64-bit; and, the evolution to 64-bit brings desktop class capabilities and user experiences to mobile, as well as enabling mobile processors and software to run new classes of computing...
  I downloaded Open Door and have purchased the 30-day ad-free in-app purchase. I'm not sure how much use I'll get from this app, but at the least I'll give it some support, however little that may be.
 I don't have a problem with Apple pulling the app because it is against the law in a particular country. If I open a bricks and mortar store in Xizhimen in Beijing and sell illegal goods (say, "Tank Man" t-shirts?) I expect I'll get shut down pretty quickly. However, I do agree with your point about there needing to be a more globalised iTunes store (apps, music, whatever). It's extremely frustrating that I can't buy apps on iTunes Japan to load onto my iPhone without...
$12 billion spent on marketing indeed gets you a lot of free passes in the tech media.
Yeah, nothing whatsoever to see here.
Ars Technica and Anandtech disagree with you. I'll take their word over a random forum poster any day.
It gets better. From Anandtech re: Benchmark cheating:   I love this response in the comments:  The cut and paste age.
DF: Or like WADA asking the same of Lance Armstrong.   Laugh out loud.