or Connect

Posts by sennen

yes. when you purchase a property that is subject to caveats/covenants restricting the design/alteration of the property for various reasons, from heritage to just "it's how the developers want the area to look" imo, the iphone is exactly the same. fwiw, i'm not against jb'ing (for purposes of customisation etc), but jb-ers should quit the whining when their hacks get broken, it's part of the endless cycle...
so, do you still use this phone that you hate so much, this phone that makes you so unhappy that you need to vent on the internets to all and sundry? if so, no problems here whatsover with 3.0 on the iPhone, even wifi. perhaps i'm one of the lucky few. and i stand by what i said: email >>>>>>> mms. more open multi-tasking, whilst nice, isn't a deal-breaker. improving in increments is a far better option than cramming in every device/gadget/capability imaginable and...
by most accounts, these other smart phones are prone to more crashes than the iPhone. I'll take the stability of the latter, any day. so i have to wait at the most 30 seconds to finish what i am doing, then reply to an SMS? zomg, it's the end of the world!! multi-tasking between, for example, my japanese dictionary and the pdf notes on my iDisk would be handy, but i'm not crying on the internet every day in every thread i post in about it, now am i? I for one am happy with...
get over it.
Thanks for going to the trouble with the info, Graeme. I'll take a good look over at the apple forums, and take my time before i install SL, i think. Cheers. edit: seems like there aren't too many issues, going by the apple forums. i think i'll back up my old system then try it out. thanks once more!
i agree completely. i think the only "hack" we've ever run in a work environment, for example, is the dual/extended monitor hack for g5 imacs we had a few years ago. When you make a living from something, you can't afford to rely on things that may be unreliable or have unintended consequences down the track.
[QUOTE=Graeme;1453778]A quick question, if you don't mind... I'm still running FCS2 on my MBP (10.5.7), I gather there should be little problem using FCS2 if i upgrade to SL? I'm planning to do a complete erase and install, for what it's worth...
i ran basically the same fix in order to install FCP 4.5 on my Pismo with a G4 550. it was very handy at the time...
um, yes - not simply for SL, though. we just retired 2 quad core 2.5Ghz Power Macs and bought 2 8-core Mac Pros in order to run the new FCS.
I absolutely adore (if such could be said of a computer) my glossy 24" iMac at work, and my 17" uMBP. would never go back to matte.