or Connect

Posts by Elijahg

I wonder how many zero-day exploits they'd find in Android. Maybe they should turn their attention to that. That said, Apple should have fixed these by now if they really were properly notified 90 days ago.
Because your experience and usage is identical to everyone's.Why are people are so offended and defensive when someone is complaining about a cable? It of course cannot ever be Apple's fault, it must have been misused. If there weren't so many problems with the cables, why are there so many people complaining? The same in regards to the MBP GPU failures, that must be the way they were treated because "mine is fine".And no one ever seems to be able to answer why the cheapo...
Hello Mr Ballmer.
Apple thought $1 billion was too much for Waze with its up-to-date maps, POI data and huge user base, but was happy to waste spend $3bn on Beats? Maps & navigation is a really core function IMO to a smartphone, streaming music and crappy headphones isn't.Apple Maps is only a few years old, whereas OS X had been worked on for around 8 years before Snow Leopard's "cleaning up". Was the original architecture really so bad that it needed a complete rewrite after a couple of...
The hard disk is around 2.5 watts, a SSD is much less, but it's the CPU that's the most by far: 37w for the Haswell i5 CPUs. Having the CPU and GPU in one chip only increases the amount of heat in a small area. That's bad. Dissipated heat is much better. The dedicated GPU is a fair bit too, 20-40w.It's the heat concentrated in small areas around the CPU and GPU that cause problems, especially with lead-free solder. The lead free stuff just doesn't flex like leaded does. So...
Yes you can. You click the star which gives you the option of choosing to "Play more like this" or "Never play this song again"
I can't understand why, since Spotify pays the label some crazily tiny amount of cash for each song played.
The left's view is no one should excel since that's not the norm. They want everyone to comply to their basic 'mould' and can't stand anything out of the ordinary.Unions are the reason the UK's car tool ironwork engineering entire manufacturing industry went bust.
Yup. How is it Spotify with 0.1% of the resources of Apple can be in "most" (according to a Q&A session with them) countries and Apple can't with neither Beats music or iTunes Radio?Spotify have got past those restrictions, maybe the labels are anti-Apple...
Parallel reading would be possible with a fairly sophisticated controller that can understand multiple serial inputs at once, but it would end up needing lots of pins to access the memory, and so lots of space needed for the traces on the board and the controller itself. I don't doubt Apple has thought of it, but deemed it unnecessary since I'm not sure of any use of the phone or iPad other than downloading stuff to it from desktop iTunes that is I/O limited in terms of...