or Connect

Posts by Elijahg

Thing is, the CPU & radios, etc are so efficient it's really all about the power the screen (specifically backlight) uses. LEDs are getting brighter per watt, but when you're already converting virtually all of the energy put into the LEDs into light, there's not really anywhere left to go. That's why Apple's changed around their LCD transistors so they to squeeze more light through the LCD panel itself. OLED is really the next level in display efficiency, but I don't see...
Personally I'd much rather an extra 2 hours of battery life than a device that's 0.5mm thinner. An iPhone 4 thickness iPhone 6 would have the best battery of all smartphones, which surely is a better metric to judge by than how thin it is...?
Initially perhaps, but it seems to work harden quite rapidly, and then crack easily. Plus once the crack starts, it keeps spreading.Apple have always had problems with the polycarbonate casing cracking. The iPhone 3G used to crack around the Dock connector, and a split would form from the centre of it upward toward the Apple logo. The plastic on the white iBooks seemed pretty good (probably not so eco-friendly, God forbid we forgo longer lasting computers vs ones that are...
A "copy" of an iPad Air 2? So they're getting a cheap Chinese knock off? They don't deserve even that... Surely if they needed a mobile computing device, they would have bought one beforehand...
Unfortunately Photos decided to delete 20gb of my Photos library after installing this update. So make sure you have good backups...!
Since Apple announced it'd be available in the UK "soon" and all mention of it has since vanished from the Apple UK site, I think the complaints are warranted.
Really.
Hopefully it won't be against Apple's ToS to have an open source API for HomeKit on something like the Arduino, since that's where a lot of people start. There'd be a virtually unlimited number of HomeKit devices if people could make their own. But I fear it'll only be available to $99 paying clients.
China's government seems to only believe itself...
Wait what? Solar panels powering a power plant? The panels ARE the power plant, and when it goes dark, they don't produce any power. So you mean you could only charge your car during sunny days?It's true that it's easier to scrub the exhaust gasses in one place, but the transmission and storage of the energy and ultimate conversion back to kinetic loses a significant proportion of the energy generated at the plant. The power line heating losses, motor losses, generator...