or Connect

Posts by Elijahg

I do, and they still don't last long. Again I ask, why do cheapo cables last much longer than the Apple ones? Why can I chuck the cheapo ones in my bag without fear of damage, and the Apple ones I have to carefully put in a dedicated pocket? Does my careful treatment of the Apple cables cause them to break sooner than the cheapo ones? Hmmm...
I agree, regarding the number of models they are going the way they were pre-Jobs: they have a lot of inventory in circulation. Just look at the phones, there're:iPhone 6+ 16, 64, 128iPhone 6 16, 64, 1286 * 3 colours  = 18 modelsiPhone 5s 16, 132*3 colours = 6 models5c * 5 colours = 5 models.That's 29 phone models, just for the US. The Asian and EU phones are different, so we could be talking 87 different models. That's a lot of inventory to track, just in phones.The...
I completely agree. Manufacturing a new device is often large proportion of the device's total energy use. It's similar to when people talk about electric cars, they're usually full of highly toxic cadmium which is hard to dispose of, and rare earth metals which come form conflict zones. They're also very energy intensive to make. Unlike Apple who use tiny amounts (1-2g) of rare earths, these car manufacturers use 20-30kg per car. Why don't they get slated for using...
That doesn't make them "free"... And presumably you have your cables in a position where they are never moved. Or you don't use them :P
No it doesn't. The link you posted is full of crap, and they've had to push updates to try to justify it.Making some assumptions for ease of calculation:An iPhone is on charge 24/7. it uses about 10w of power while charging, which is a relatively small percentage of the time. Perhaps 4 hours a day at most. It drops to around 3.5w of power when it's actually running full tilt, which is hardly ever. usually it's more like 0.5 watts, but still.Assuming the charger has a 50%...
Looks like the price has changed from either 59p or 99p to 91p in the UK App Store for some items, seemingly the price only changes after the app's been updated. Hopefully it's gone from 99p to 91p, not 59p to 91p, though I'm yet to find an app that's now less than 69p, so I'm not sure...
The connector itself is really tough, 100 times better than Micro and Mini USB. It's solely the cable that's the issue. Any amount of strain more than a few times at the connector (which will happen if you use it when it's plugged in) and it'll split. I've used a lightning cable with just the metal shielding remaining for a while, it lasted longer than the damn plastic. If it's the way I/we handle the cables, why are the original PVC cables from 2005 still fine? Why does...
My apologies, I must have missed that. It just seems they are pushing it a lot.
I'm not sure why this is bring touted as an iPad first, Air Display has been out for years and works perfectly well. Sponsorship maybe, AI?
I wonder what'll happen for UK prices, since the VAT rate of Luxembourg where iTunes is based is 20%, same as the UK. If the price change is purely based on VAT, some countries will see a rise, and some should see a fall (though I doubt that'd happen, Apple would absorb the extra profit no doubt). If it's due to the failing Euro, then the UK should be relatively insulated from price rises, since Sterling is quite strong vs the euro.