or Connect

Posts by Elijahg

"There is no such thing as Free Public WiFi" is most likely a jab at Windows security... There was a virus going around on XP machines that created a network called "Free Public WiFi", any XP machine that connected to it would get the virus too. Impressive wireless and wired network though. Having that many computers all chatting away on similar frequencies and not completely collapsing when everyone clicked "Download Lion Developer Preview" is quite an achievement....
What you're saying doesn't make much sense. Considering it's free anyway, i.e. you don't "buy" your iCloud account, it wouldn't really make much difference to Apple. Songs that that are not on the iTunes store, and thus uploaded, will probably only be on Apple's server once. A Dropbox-like algorithm will be employed so files are compared, and identical ones deleted in the cloud to save space. i.e. A file is uploaded, and has a checksum calculated. Another user uploads a...
People are discussing wanting to have some kind of separate iCloud for each person (i.e. people living in their house) sharing their ID for music. I'm just trying to clarify that Apple has really ruled it out with the agreement. Many people share their music with their partner, just as you would if you went and purchased a physical CD.It's not a lie, I have purchases from two separate account synced to my iPad and iPhone.
The new iTunes agreement states that "a device can only be associated with one account at a time". That seems to mean no more sharing of music if you want a separate iCloud each. It also possibly rules out the ability to put songs purchased on different accounts on one device as you can now...
Yup, just play a song purchased by each different account in iTunes, and it'll ask you for a password each time. After you authorise, it'll happily sync to iDevices.
Looks like someone needs to get their ears/eyes checked out. Apple's agreements don't state you can only have one AppleID, and backing up has nothing to do with AppleIDs. I have two also, and I enquired once about having them merged, but they couldn't do it. It never really mattered back then, but I'm not sure how it'd work with iCloud... You can authorise an iDevice to work with multiple AppleIDs at the moment, it'll play DRM music from either AppleID. But with iCloud and...
Let's hope Apple isn't heading toward being the next Sony; making high quality products but with such a large catalog, they aren't particularly good at anything. Their Mac business seems to be on the backburner somewhat recently, it's not as profitable as iOS so they don't seem to be pushing it as much. I'd be surprised if Apple announced a TV, as there seems to be very slim profit margins in that area. Apple'd have to add some really, really awesome features to warrant...
It sure looks like Nokia is struggling if they're having to become patent trolls just to keep their heads above water.
It's not possible to stamp out stiff types of "liquidmetal" and aluminium. The metal is too brittle, and just snaps at the bend. The aluminium Apple used in the PowerBooks and first Macbooks is only "T0" aircraft grade aluminium. It's very soft, and so it can be bent to a shape easily with a press. The aluminium used in the Unibody Macbooks, Apple displays and iPads is much tougher. It's probably T3 or even T6. If you tried to press T3 or T6 to shape, it would just crack...
That's not true, nothing is written to the disk without being encrypted first. If what you say is true, the same problem would exist on a spinning disk too. Filevault (pre-Lion) is simply an encrypted disk image, where any data is encrypted before it is actually written to a disk (SSD, HDD, whichever). Any fragments of the FileVault image are encrypted, and thus useless without the key.