or Connect

Posts by Elijahg

This is Johnny I've remember; he's shaving millimetres off of desktops when it's completely unnecessary and actually reduces function... Therefore I'm leaning toward the former, even though it'd look really ugly as it does on the Touch. Plus they don't seem to care much about battery life on the 5s, mine's crap.
I think the only micro USB socketed device I own is the AppleTV, which I've never plugged into anything except the TV and mains. But I have seen USB micro sockets/plugs on Android phones and thought how flimsy they look. I've seen photos of deformed USB micro sockets too, they're just too small to be tough enough for daily unplugging/replugging.
Nope. I'm careful to plug the full size USB-A plugs in the right way first time too. But you can't assume all users treat things with care, they don't. And unfortunately it's often the manufacturer who has to pick up the bill, though if they designed the socket better in the first place to be more robust, the problem wouldn't occur.USB-micro is awfully flimsy, miniscule pins in the plug that deform and break with way too much ease. Lightning's connector is 1000 times...
Keeping them perfectly straight or not using them at all So you don't work in a store, it's not a family affair, and now you have these things passed down to "your team". So again I ask where do you work where you get cables passed down to you and you're able to tell people to "GET OUT"? A school? Some IT department? Your argument is falling apart faster than lightning cables, you should probably give up. How do you know if my cables have had high mileage?You're just...
No, it doesn't, I have old 30 pin connectors too that I've never even used.Yeah fancy that, and i'm able to back up my statements with facts, you haven't once. Where's the proof that Apple cables break less?Considered by whom? I wasn't asking you anyway, even though AppleIDs are usually email addresses.You can't provide proof because you have none. And besides, it was one decade of experience in a previous post. That was a quick decade.Why didn't you reply to my post...
I am careful with a £15 cable, much more than I should have to be. You make assumptions that everyone who owns a cable treats it with disrespect. You're very good at making assumptions, but I see few facts that prove the quality of Apple cables. Though if you can't see that if every cable crossing your desk is mangled, then there is an engineering/design problem, there's little hope that you're able to see if something is quality or not.I don't think I've ever had a...
No, but they do make their own plastic MacBook cases and have recalled them.https://www.apple.com/support/macbook-bottomcase/They've recalled iPhone 5 buttons that've stopped working they make thosehttps://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-sleepwakebutton/They've recalled power adapters and they make thosehttps://www.apple.com/support/usbadapter/exchangeprogram/Those are active exchange programs, there have been plenty more in the past, like iBook logic board failure, MagSafe...
Ah, then why does the cable have just 1 star with 1000 reviews? With virtually every review saying it's frayed at the strain relief? I make electronics for a living, I think I know how to handle them thanks. This is just really bad design, which you are blindly defending. When thousands of people are having the same identical problem, it's not a usage problem, its a design problem, just as Trumptman said. There was a recall on iMacs for a HDD failure, was that the user's...
What a nice customer assistant you must be, I bet everyone's so happy to come to your store.My lightning cable broke after two months, and it was fixed in position in my car. Frayed at the strain relief as usual with Apple cables. It would be impossible to mistreat it in its fixed location, the only movement it gets is plugging in and unplugging from the phone, certainly no teeth come near it..! Apple doesn't seem to understand what "strain relief" means, since their...
Apple isn't perfect, as evidenced by their terrible cable build quality.The cables always fray at the end partly due to inadequate strain relief, and due to Greenpeace's constant attemps to make Apple "greener": non-PVC cables are crap.Non-PVC plastic just doesn't have the flexibility, and so Apple makes their cables out of foamed plastic. Eventually the non-flexible plastic weakens and cracks. That just doesn't happen with PVC. So instead of keeping one cable for years, I...