or Connect

Posts by Elijahg

China's government seems to only believe itself...
Wait what? Solar panels powering a power plant? The panels ARE the power plant, and when it goes dark, they don't produce any power. So you mean you could only charge your car during sunny days?It's true that it's easier to scrub the exhaust gasses in one place, but the transmission and storage of the energy and ultimate conversion back to kinetic loses a significant proportion of the energy generated at the plant. The power line heating losses, motor losses, generator...
Solar would be fine until the night time. Or when it's cloudy. What happens then? Everyone has to walk? Inductive is a good idea, but the pickup coil would need to be essentially rubbing along the ground, and anything electrical near the road would be fried in an instant. It would essentially be a country-wide radio transmitter, so say goodbye to radio transmissions too. Even watches could pick up current from the induction and burn into your wrist. Sounds fun.But where...
I can see that stealing IP is bad, but wasn't there just a big lawsuit against anti-poaching agreements between tech giants preventing people's employment at competitors? If someone wants to up and leave to get a different job elsewhere, unless contracted otherwise, they're free to do just that.
A street-level "flyover" would be great, and make Google's effort look tacky by comparison. However, they have one hell of a long way to go if they want to catch up to Google, simply in the number of miles they need to travel with their LiDAR cars. I guess this is in the testing stage at the moment. It does make sense though, with enough photos taken, you'd be able to smoothly "fly" past the houses rather than the jumps you make with Google's version.
I wonder how many zero-day exploits they'd find in Android. Maybe they should turn their attention to that. That said, Apple should have fixed these by now if they really were properly notified 90 days ago.
Because your experience and usage is identical to everyone's.Why are people are so offended and defensive when someone is complaining about a cable? It of course cannot ever be Apple's fault, it must have been misused. If there weren't so many problems with the cables, why are there so many people complaining? The same in regards to the MBP GPU failures, that must be the way they were treated because "mine is fine".And no one ever seems to be able to answer why the cheapo...
Hello Mr Ballmer.
Apple thought $1 billion was too much for Waze with its up-to-date maps, POI data and huge user base, but was happy to waste spend $3bn on Beats? Maps & navigation is a really core function IMO to a smartphone, streaming music and crappy headphones isn't.Apple Maps is only a few years old, whereas OS X had been worked on for around 8 years before Snow Leopard's "cleaning up". Was the original architecture really so bad that it needed a complete rewrite after a couple of...
The hard disk is around 2.5 watts, a SSD is much less, but it's the CPU that's the most by far: 37w for the Haswell i5 CPUs. Having the CPU and GPU in one chip only increases the amount of heat in a small area. That's bad. Dissipated heat is much better. The dedicated GPU is a fair bit too, 20-40w.It's the heat concentrated in small areas around the CPU and GPU that cause problems, especially with lead-free solder. The lead free stuff just doesn't flex like leaded does. So...