or Connect

Posts by Elijahg

I've never replaced a USB A > B cable, though the USB Micro ones are crap, they're too fragile. The USB Mini are ok it seems. Apple Lightning cables however, I replace every few months... The UV in sunlight seemingly attacks them, and the strain reliefs are woefully inadequate.I have a drawer dedicated to Apple adapters, I have more Apple adapters than I any other by far.
With £1.99 cables or £25 cables? Will it be yet another display connector change from Apple to support reversible (Original Apple Display Connector > High Density Original Apple Display Connector > VGA > Digital Apple Display Connector > DVI > Mini DVI >Micro DVI > DisplayPort > DisplayPort Reversible)?
All of which involves me buying a new one. Upgrades mean I don't need to buy a new one. Can't you see how buying a new one uses infinitely more energy than keeping the old?I was referring to the iMac, obviously a phone hasn't got upgradable RAM because it would be a pointless and completely imbalanced size vs longevity compromise. The iMac doesn't need to compromise on features vs size though, but Apple does anyway.The dilemma isn't false, non upgradable desktop RAM is a...
Me too, though I did have to swap it due to a squeaky PSU. The store said they'd just get me a new one since it's so hard to get inside them.
So should I sell it and go buy another? If it was upgradable I wouldn't have to buy another. Upgrading wouldn't require a whole new machine to be made if Apple's thinness OCD was toned down a notch. Buying anything newly manufactured will lays be less eco-friendly than just upgrading a component or two.
Your point? The 5s home button is concave yes, but it doesn't protrude, Also AI reported a design tweak where Apple recessed the volume buttons and lock switch on the iPad to make them less intrusive, why'd they make tiny tweaks like that if they were going to have the camera poke out on their flagship phone?
It doesn't, but when you buy a car you expect to be able to change the tyres instead of throwing the whole thing away. I'm not sure of any PC desktop that is completely non-upgradable, I think Johnny is saying in secret "I wonder how much hardware functionality we can remove from these machines before people stop buying them!?"Selling and buying a new Mac leaves you with a net loss of around £500 on high-end gear, more RAM is £50 tops.Why should I have to buy extra bits...
So throw it away and get a new one? How eco-friendly, which is what Apple's supposedly all about. Who cares if a desktop is a few grams lighter or a couple mm thicker because it doesn't have a RAM access door? No one.You just said you have no desire to upgrade anything, so iPhone 6 is not allowed, sorry ;P
I like the designs too, but I think he's a bit OCD over thinness. The top complaint about iPhones is battery life, which could be fixed in one fell swoop by making it a mm or two thicker and having a decent sized battery. When's the last time you heard anyone complain that the iPhone is too fat?
Inability to upgrade RAM without using a pizza slicer to get the screen off is innovation? Nope.