or Connect

Posts by Elijahg

Looks like the price has changed from either 59p or 99p to 91p in the UK App Store for some items, seemingly the price only changes after the app's been updated. Hopefully it's gone from 99p to 91p, not 59p to 91p, though I'm yet to find an app that's now less than 69p, so I'm not sure...
The connector itself is really tough, 100 times better than Micro and Mini USB. It's solely the cable that's the issue. Any amount of strain more than a few times at the connector (which will happen if you use it when it's plugged in) and it'll split. I've used a lightning cable with just the metal shielding remaining for a while, it lasted longer than the damn plastic. If it's the way I/we handle the cables, why are the original PVC cables from 2005 still fine? Why does...
My apologies, I must have missed that. It just seems they are pushing it a lot.
I'm not sure why this is bring touted as an iPad first, Air Display has been out for years and works perfectly well. Sponsorship maybe, AI?
I wonder what'll happen for UK prices, since the VAT rate of Luxembourg where iTunes is based is 20%, same as the UK. If the price change is purely based on VAT, some countries will see a rise, and some should see a fall (though I doubt that'd happen, Apple would absorb the extra profit no doubt). If it's due to the failing Euro, then the UK should be relatively insulated from price rises, since Sterling is quite strong vs the euro.
Pretty sure the USB-IF doesn't sanction Apple's use of more than 500mA on USB 2 sockets. USB 3 supports up to 1.5A (whilst disabling data transmission), whereas USB 3.1 supports 3A via its USB-C connector, though I think data transfer is still disabled. Presumably Apple doesn't support reversible USB A connectors because they're pretty flimsy and don't make a particularly good connection, which is especially important with the extra pins jammed into the USB 3 type A...
Seems pretty cool, though I wonder how long the batteries in these things will last? Maybe this explains the seeming abandonment of EyeTV's development...
And Apple still hasn't made iTunes Radio available in the UK.Steaming is great for consumers IMO, at least for discovering music that you might then want to buy. The artist will no doubt indirectly make profit from the streamed music this way.I think streaming makes more sense with TV shows and movies though (à-la Netflix), since it's pretty common to only watch a show/movie once. You get the advantage of not requiring hordes of disk space too, since you don't actually...
There is no longer any mention of iTunes Radio on the Apple UK site at all. Going to the equivalent iTunes Radio URL on the UK Apple (http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-radio/ vs http://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/itunes-radio/) site just gives a 404. The Australian site has the same URL as the US site, so I think it's safe to say it really has been abandoned here.I do have a US account I occasionally use for iTunes Radio but with ads, and IMO it's not really that great...
What about iTunes Radio over here? Or has that been completely abandoned?