or Connect

Posts by Elijahg

Hold on, you quoted that "inductive resonant charging ... starts as soon as you press it against the base of the PC", meaning the resonant devices need to be touching. Then you say inductively powered devices need to be touching, resonant don't (in your first post), then you say Apple's invention allows resonantly powered devices to work at a distance. What is it?This patent is actually about combining multiple weak sources of power from inductive/resonant sources into one...
Care to provide a reason why? Or perhaps an answer as to why Apple should have this patent?
I'm not sure whether I should make the effort to reply since you have one post and obviously didn't visit the links I posted, but I'll take the bait.NFC/RFID and "resonant charging" use exactly the same principles. You obviously have no idea how resonant charging nor RFID work, perhaps you should research before making yourself look a tad foolish. Inductive and resonant charging are identical. By definition, a resonant circuit induces current in nearby coils.One of the...
Since the patent (along with all others) is viewable in its entirety there's nothing that can be hidden really, there (shouldn't) be more information than that which is publicly viewable.This is true, they need to be the same frequency to charge/communicate. These kind of tuned circuits can emit harmonics though which may interfere with pacemakers unless the harmonics are damped. There aren't really any standards used in non-RFID equipment for inductive power transfer, so...
This is just RFID/NFC, except the receiver is attached to a keyboard or mouse instead of a payment terminal or RFID tag. Inductive power transfer has been known about for nearly a century. Not sure how this is new or how it can be patented, especially since there are inductively powered mice and keyboards already... http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/05/intel-inductive-charging-keyboard/ http://www.gizmag.com/mobee-magic-bar-induction-charger/18384/
Can we get some price cuts in the UK too pretty please? The base iMac (with MBA internals) is $1099, and £899 in the UK. Conversion from 1099USD to GBP is £652. Add the sales tax/VAT and you get to £782. That's still a significant chunk more than they cost in the US. Yes business is expensive in the UK/Europe, but not that expensive. The other Macs are worse: the 15" MBP is $1999 which converts to £1186. Plus VAT=£1423. That's a £176 hike... It's not like they have to...
I said the 2009 Xserve is faster than the base 2013 Mac Pro, the very best 2013 Mac Pro is only twice as fast as the 2009 Xserve. I can't make it much clearer than that.If Apple put two 12 core CPUs in the Mac Pro as they could with the old design (or the Xserve design) the speed increase would be many times faster than the 2009 Xserve as opposed to just twice as fast. Doubling the speed in 6 years isn't much of an improvement in the grand scheme of things. Read up on...
Agreed, for medical purposes it can be used to diagnose broken joints/inflammation.Sorry what?
Best stop all advertising of products for kids on TV or anywhere else then, since that's persuading children/adults to buy. While we're at it, better put sweets and toys into plain packaging too and hide it behind curtains in shops. Maybe toy shops should be banned altogether.Geez the EU really doesn't know when to keep their heads down, since they're deeply unpopular right now.
AppleID is "pervasive"? Pervasive is generally an unwanted thing...