or Connect

Posts by Elijahg

Total crap. Snake oil to use the American term.That'd be fine if everything shut off at 1.35v. It doesn't. In fact I don't know anything that does. The Vbe (voltage drop, or sort of voltage "required") of a silicon transistor is about 0.7v, anything lower than that and you can't actually get power through the transistor anyway. So their claim of "down to 0.6v" is tripe to begin with.Generally devices will run down to about 0.9v, and it's really then about lack of current...
Oh, the US AND Australia. That's most everywhere covered, nothing to complain about at all. The USA is the whole world, after all.
C'mon Apple, here in the UK and in Europe generally we've had chip and pin readers for 10 years, but still no sign of Apple Pay (nor iTunes radio, wtf is up with that?).
Wait what? Pent up energy? It's not stored in the panels, only generated. And even then, it's only around 70v, which isn't massively dangerous.
Since mid-April the Euro has strengthened vs the Dollar, and in fact it's roughly on a par with its value in January. So this is a bit unsubstantiated. The value of Sterling has strengthened slightly since January vs the Euro, so hopefully Apple won't decide to bump UK prices too.
If they did go wireless charging, it'd be pretty inefficient due to the power requirements of the MBP (60w for the 13") and the aluminium base would have to be replaced with something non-conductive. Plus IMO it'd be pretty unwieldy, since if you were using the Mac as a laptop you'd have to have a charging base underneath it, instead of just a plug.
Hahah really AI? Seeing how you are quite happy to copy stories from these other sites, blocking links to them is pretty low...I wonder what other Apple sites are blocked:macrumors.com - Mac Rum0rs************ - 9 to 5 Macmacosrumors.com - Mac 0S Rumorsmacdailynews.com - Mac Daily Newscultofmac.com - Cult of MacWeird. Maybe Kasper(?) fell out with 9to5Mac.
There's plenty of room for another USB-C port, even with the taper. Remove your head from the sand and perhaps instead of blindly supporting anything and everything Apple does, you'd be able to see that Apple isn't 100% perfect 100% of the time. If they were, the design of their devices wouldn't improve since they'd be perfect from generation 1.Oh really, where's the source for this data? You've taken a MacBook apart and discerned that it's totally impossible to fit...
Obviously there won't be, but there's a difference between specific, unusual needs (ExpressCard slot for example, or perhaps Blu-Ray) and what the general populace needs: a "standard" USB port and more than one of them. Without these essentials the target market for this MacBook seems extremely small. There really is no excuse for having just one USB-C port, which is pretty ridiculous since there are a multitude of devices that charge from USB. Juggling between using the...
I had this on my 13" rMBP. Restarted and a partially created user existed, so I created another with a temporary name and then erased the former with the temporary one. Kinda weird, I hadn't chosen to allow my iCloud password to unlock the Mac.