or Connect

Posts by Elijahg

Because Xserves had enough room to get rid of heat and have more than one CPU. Johnny's obsessive smallness designs win out over power and function once again.http://browser.primatelabs.com/mac-benchmarksClick on 32-bit multi-core.No it's not mainstream, but like people that fix their own cars; it's pretty common. Just because you don't know how to yourself, doesn't mean barely anyone does.Surely Apple should be trying to cater to the needs of their customers? That's...
That's what I said... Apple no longer makes the Xserve, despite it actually outperforming the 2013 Mac Pro. Using a Mac mini as a server in a high traffic environment is just laughable. It's simply too slow. Since you ignored most of my argument seemingly because you don't really know what you're talking about, how do you explain away the lack of industry-standard PCI-e Fibre cards to connect RAIDs?Our Macs were Media Studies machines, with simultaneous iMovie edits on 40...
Such as the Xserve, which was pretty much essential for schools. A couple of those in a rack was all you needed for the biggest of schools or universities, but now you have Mac Pros rolling around on their sides instead. Amazingly, the early 2009 Xserve is benchmarked faster than the new trashcan Mac Pro in some cases.You can't even put PCI-e cards in the new Mac Pro, how does one use industry standard fibre RAID arrays?! ...Oh yeah, you have to throw those out and get...
Why not go after Google and Microsoft? On Android most apps are so badly designed its hard to use them when you can see them, let alone when you can't.
What is Apple's iPad Windows?Do you even read your own articles, AI?
Firstly, the world can't provide for the exponentially growing number of humans forever. Complaining about being alone blah blah is just selfish on a global basis.Secondly it's nothing to do with wealth, in many African countries there simply isn't enough fertile land to provide food for all the inhabitants no matter how much money people have. Too many humans, not enough space. That won't be helped by pumping out even more kids at rates much faster than developed...
Yep, exactly how the EU intended, so their own Eurocrats can pay as little tax as possible. The EU guidance states companies need only have one base in Europe and operate from there. Then when the companies do just that, the EU moans that they aren't paying enough tax. They set the rules and complain when companies follow them.The EC is deeply unpopular right now, and this is just an attempt to try to make themselves seem less useless and inept, when infact it just...
I was under the impression it doesn't need carrier support, the Mac just makes the call via Ethernet/wifi to the iPhone which actually connects over the cellular network and places the call. It's VoIP to iPhone, then standard GSM/3/4G onwards.
I'm sure he said it'd "evolve" in 2013. And 2012. Probably 2011 too for that matter. But I agree, more content icons isn't evolution.Why oh why don't they revert back to the AppleTV 1 TV show listing style, where you had a list of TV shows and each season as a subcategory of the TV show's title. I've got quite a lot of TV shows, and I have to scroll through a massive list of every season of every TV show to find anything. It's utterly stupid. All I can figure is no one at...
Ah-ha, that didn't come across sorry :P