or Connect

Posts by Elijahg

Err, I said the exact opposite; the likelihood is they are one of two brands as there were only two manufacturers (Seagate and WD) making 3TB drives at the time.Perhaps you should find something new to waste your time arguing about, as I've stated the facts and probabilities but you are apparently ignoring them. There's little doubt Apple's smarter than you too, as they've got you right in their palm and have convinced you that everything is fine and dandy. Fingers in ears...
Just because you as a "non-engineer" doesn't understand the implications of heat, doesn't mean engineers don't either. My concern - as an engineer - is how much heat the drive has to endure. Heat is bad for hard drives, and mine frequently hits 55°C. In fact it's been over the "specified operational maximum" of 60C more often than I'd like. Apple has made compromises on the iMac (much like the new MB) for that thinness. It means heat sensitive components such as the HDD...
TC drives are the same as iMac ones, ergo they will probably fail too. That major link doesn't prove its relevancy? That's like saying iPhone lightning cables fraying is irrelevant to iPad lightning cables fraying, despite them being the same cable. Are you intentionally trying to be awkward?They aren't included, so what? Where's the forum rule that says don't post about products other than ones in the original article? It's not hard to understand, but you seem to be...
Meaning the TC doesn't get as hot as the iMac or vice versa? Both get pretty hot, and the TC's fan doesn't turn on until things are really hot, around 50°C.Presumably the reason the HDD is slap bang in the middle is because that's the fattest part of the machine (the late 2012 ones onwards are the super-thin ones) and the only place it will fit. Thinness above all other considerations again...Yes thank you. If they use the same drives, and the iMac drives are failing, I'd...
Ah, so even if identical drives are used in the TC, no one has anything to worry about since they only fail in the iMac, not the TC. Right.OTOH, Apple used to specify the TC used "server grade" hard disks, though this was disputed when it was found out they used I think it was WD Black drives.
I am offended that there is nothing but a yellow cat emoji. There are black, ginger, tabby, white and tortoiseshell coloured cats, so where is the multi-colour emoji for them?? These Unicode people are so racist, giving preferential treatment to yellow humans. Geez.
Since about 10.7 this seems to have been the case, which is around when they abandoned the Xserve and told everyone to use Mac Minis instead...
I agree... More than a few emojis and it takes so long to scroll through that it's tiresome, and with that many you have no idea whether one exists for whatever you're looking for anyway.
Nope. Loose is something that is not tight, lose is to be deprived of something.
Seems like my late 2012 27" iMac had a firmware update with 10.10.4, since I got the older "thick" progress bar for a while, then a reboot, and back to the thin one. My boot ROM version is now IM131.010A.B08, the latest listed on Apple's site (but only for the 21" version) is IM131.010A.B05.