or Connect

Posts by Johnny Mozzarella

As of 2014 Apple had 75,000 Cassandra nodes across multiple clusters. 
 It is possible that the AppleWatch+Siri could displace the Google homepage as the primary means of search for many people in the not to distant future.   Apple is in lots of BIG DATA areas.HealthMapsAppStoreiTunes StoreiBooks StoreiCloud DriveiCloud Photo LibraryRetailAppleCareSupply Chain Managementand the list goes on and on... It will not get attention like the Beats acquisition did but I have a feeling this is going to be one of the most significant acquisitions they...
Oracle needs to add lots of features that some customers don't need.Apple only has to develop the features they need.Considering 30% of every AppStore and iTunes purchase goes to Apple, thousands of developers and companies are funding the development of Apple's cloud infrastructure.In addition Apple is making a pretty penny selling iCloud storage. All the more reason for Apple to invest in tech that will drive down costs and increase control of key technologies.
On the question of autonomous driving, I don't believe the technology is even close yet to what would be needed, nor are we ready as a society. Apple's focus is always on user experience and so I believe their inital entry will be focused on augmented driving. Imagine if they integrated haptic feedback into the seat and steering wheel. Imagine if Siri was fully integrated into every aspect of the vehicle. Apple could even rethink very basic things like the gas and...
I think this discussion thread needs to move beyond the premise of a monolithic Apple Car. Apple has the resources to develop an electric car platform and then design a range of vehicles based on that platform   Apple Car Sport (think 2 person small commuter/city car) $20-30K Apple Car SUV  (think standard family car) $30-50K Apple Car Edition (halo car, insanely great) $100K
LOL. Well played.
Not sure why the article mentions SixtyEight importing a 1957 Fiat Multipla 600 but doesn't include a picture of that model. This is probably why they are said to be working on a mini van, not because of the mapping project using Dodge Caravans.
I think I can shed some light on the SixtyEight name they are using.It is a reference to "The Mother of all Demos" which happened on December 9th, 1968.In case you are not familiar with it, here is a brief description from YouTube: The folks in Apple R&D use the number 68 to remind themselves of the high bar that has been set by men such as Douglas Engelbart and the team at SRI.  The iPhone project used the codename M68.
I want an electric Mazda Miata for my commute.
Pretty sure we won't see the Mac Pro till WWDC.