or Connect

Posts by Johnny Mozzarella

Not ALL of Apple's employees are privy to it's strategic planning and the reasons behind it's acquisitions.Of the 2% that are, I'm sure there is tremendous support.The recent retirements are not related to the beats acquisition.Apple is about to announce new products in new product categories completely unrelated to beats.This new product strategy is going to require a lot of work and it is better to have the new team in place for it's launch.Dr Dre has been Dr. Dre for...
Here's a better one...How much energy will Apple save in their data centers when they switch over to Apple ARM-based CPUs?
This sounds like the perfect role for someone with his skills and qualifications. Just make sure the chairs are bolted to the floor in his box when the Clippers loose.
Tim Cook said "It's all about the music." This leads me to believe that the beats acquisition is not about the music but rather branding for their wearables.
This deal is an aqui-hire, but not of just Iovine and Dre. This deal is about aquiring their marketing and product teams. Beats isn't two guys in a garage.
I think a Pro keyboard that is built around iPad technology could be the answer. I personally don't like the idea of lots of little OLED screens in separate keys.   I'd rather see a keyboard based on iPad hardware + pressure sensitive display. This way you could rest your fingers on the keys and use  haptic feedback to simulate key presses. This also gives lots of flexibility with custom keyboard layouts as well as non-traditional inputs such as sliders, knobs and...
I hope we see Apple switch the MacBook Air and the Mac mini to ARM A7 CPUs. I also hope we see Apple tap Intel to manufacture these ARM CPUs. This would hopefully allow Apple to 1) lower the price of their consumer Macs 2) pave the way to eliminating Samsung as a CPU supplier 3) bring more manufacturing back to the USA.
What about Tim Cook?
I wish Apple would put more effort into making their Airport base stations more affordable/practical.
Skyhook drove cars around the country equipped with WiFi and GPS.When the vehicle would drive by a WiFi hotspot, it would record the unique ID of the base station and the vehicle's current GPS coordinates.This allowed a device with WiFi but no GPS(first iPhone) to determine it's approximate location by looking up the base station's unique ID in Skyhook's database.  Skyhook would send back the GPS coordinates if the base station was in it's database. Apple/WiFi-Slam has...