or Connect

Posts by Robertp

Presently holding at 40, 41 on October 30th, life really does mellow with age :cool:
Poor bastards...how can they possibly live on a 7 figure income? It will be beans and rice and no shoes for the kids if they can't get their big bucks..please, let them have to really work for a living like a blue collar worker who is not sure of the next company layoff, food for the family, etc. screw the greedy bastards and their salary! Strike away!
[quote]Originally posted by r-0X#Zapchud: Where did you install the game? Do you have harddisk-space left on the disk(s)? Try reinstalling..
plenty of disk space, reinstalled 4 times with same result each time...can find nothing about the error:cannot write to"hunkusage.dat" anywhere on ID or Aspyr's website. Getting ready to return it to compusa and get a different game. Will it play well under OS9? I have not tried to install it in 9...
[quote]Originally posted by Brad: Have you updated RTCW to version 1.33? Also, are you using this under OS9 or OSX?
Hi Brad, yes I did the update right after loading the software, it was the last step I believe before going on to the setup menu. I am running os 10.1.5. I am trying to reach someone at ID software and get resolve on this, my first game for my new tower and I can not seem to get it to play
Any help on this mind bogling problem is truly appreciated. I am trying to play RTCW on my new (as of 8-17-02) G4 933mhz powermac, 256 ram, gforce 4mx 64 graphics card. After doing the install which took forever, I go to the screen to play(single player) and when it tries to load the screen shows a big yellow box that says ERROR cannot write to hunkusage.dat. What in the heck is wrong here? I have tried reloading the game 4 times to no avail and I really am starting to get...
[quote]Originally posted by pscates: You're totally right! I forgot about that one (Couric). And I should've remembered because I just saw some interview she did with Myers the other night and they did a little "behind the scenes" about her day on the set (her make-up, the different takes it took, etc.). Doh! Just call me Mr. Scatterbrain. They did "butch up" the sexy Ms. Couric quite a bit (unibrow, facial hair, tats, flattering prison guard clothes,...
[quote]Originally posted by Cobra: To the whiners: 1. Do you REALLY need more powerful hardware? 2. Or, is it PC envy? Now, if it was a software issue that was the problem, like the OS, I can see where the whining would be coming from. Yeah, I too would like to see new, faster towers. It is going to happen but it won't be real significant until a whole new processor is developed.
I agree here as well..my Ti500mhz is doing just fine...
[quote]Originally posted by pscates: Looks like everyone's worst fears were confirmed: http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/17/girl.abducted/index.html Jeez-louise... Why is this affecting me so much? Haven't been this sad and angry in a long, long time...
Well it could be because you are a very compassinate person, a quality more people need to exhibit. I...
I heard of a new shopping mall being built in Orlando and one of the stores will be Apple..anyone know more about the opening date or the mall name? Only a 3 hour drive from Jacksonville (no descent Apple retailers here)to see this great store..looking forward to it
According to some the Trek movies always faired well at the box office on even number movies..odd number movies (mostly Shatner Directed) did not doo so well with the trek fans. Hopefully Nemesis (10) will be a kick ass action movie....I think the best trek flick has to be The Wrath of Kahn, that butt clinching , grimacing yell of Kaaahhhhnnnn by kirk sticks with you like taffy