or Connect

Posts by w00master

I don't think anyone is claiming that MMS/tethering is "going to be the star" of the iPhone OS 3.0. This article was just a possible tidbit of what is coming.
I'm sure you've had this debate before, but I'll put it this way... since you believe what you believe (i.e. everyone should just go to email) then why did Apple add in SMS? Doesn't Email do things better then?Listen, in a "perfect" world, I'd agree with you that everyone just needs to go to email, but we don't live in a "perfect" world. All mobile phones have SMS. Nearly ALL mobile phones also has MMS. About HALF as many phones have some sort of email capability. ...
Because, it's a losing battle. Ever try to email using T9? Riiiight. That form factor (dial pad format) will NEVER go away.It's about d*mn time that MMS is coming. About d*mn time. I'm so freaking sick of going to that buggy site just to look at a pict. I just hope this rumor is true.
Well, in that aspect, I did perpetuate it. So to everyone, I definitely apologize. However, when I saw that comment I did feel compelled to reply, ESPECIALLY when it's something as basic as C&P. ANYWAY... In terms of the topic at hand, I do think this patent is a wonderful idea, but I can only see it working if Apple makes it an open standard (much like their recent mini-display port). This is something that everyone would need to participate in, if you catch my...
You know what, I'm getting annoyed with comments like this. COPY AND PASTE is SO FREAKING BASIC, it should have been in the iPhone since the beginning. Perhaps, C&P doesn't fit in YOUR lifestyle in a phone (or smartphone). Fine, then don't use it. However, for MANY of us it is absolutely indispensable. I'll give you something related to C&P: editing documents. Many of the same people who complain (like you) about people like me (and other peeps asking for C&P) are the...
I call BS as well. Although I'd LOVE for Apple to update AppleTV with DVR functionalities, I just cannot see this happening: 1. iTunes Store 2. CableCard is MESSY - unlike the wireless industry (and others) Cable is not really nationwide. I'm in ATL, and I cannot get Time Warner Cable (not that I want to) 3. What about satellite? There's no equivalent to CableCard for satellite users. HOWEVER, I could see a possibility in the nascent iTV technology. This...
Very well said. I wish I could've said it better. Again, I put out this question to those still complaining about the variable pricing (using iTunes as my example): Why is it ok for iPhone apps to have variable pricing, but not music? A second question, do you guys go crazy when you go to Target, Best Buy, etc. and see that all the prices are different? OMG!!!! Get over it. Seriously.
Because I have owned more than 6 PCs (Macs included) in my lifetime, and I'm sick and tired of running into issues where I forgot to unauthorize my previous computers. Also, people like to stream their iTunes libraries to non Apple products such as a Wii, PS3, and XBox 360. All of them can play AAC, but none of them can play "protected media." This is tremendously annoying as well. These are just a small portion of my utter hatred of DRM. DRM needs to go away.
Orb for iPhone works over 3G. w00master
Apps have much more variation in content? So what? No two songs are alike, no two songs have the same production values or labor time involved in producing it, some songs take years/decades to create. This logic still makes no sense to me. Brick and mortar stores, online stores, etc. have ALL had variable pricing (music, products, videos, groceries, etc. etc.) for YEARS. Consumers have dealt with this FINE. Again, why is it ok for iPhone apps to have variable pricing...