or Connect

Posts by sequitur

Has anyone used DiskWarrior?  Does it do what it claims to do? What is your opinion of it? Is there an app better for repairing drives?  Thanks. 
Has any AI member used Avast anit-virus software?  Being leery of possible Trojan horses and such, I've hesitated to download this app.  If you've used it, what is your opinion of it?   http://www.amazon.com/Avast-Free-Antivirus-2015-Download/product-reviews/B00H9A60O4   I've gotten several emails with this notation: This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.  > > www.avast.com
At times in files, the cursor, on my iMac w/Yosemite, becomes anchored. It highlights from that spot to wherever it’s moved and won’t let go. It also changes the size of the window it’s in whenever it’s moved.  I have to jump through hoops to get it ‘unstuck’. Sometimes, I can 'backtrack' the highlight to its origin and delete the letter it's anchored to. But that doesn't always work and/or additional typing gets deleted.   I’ve tried googling the problem but get answers...
I wear reading glasses; however, I can read documents on the 4K TV eight feet away without glasses whereas I have to be about two feet from the mid-2015 iMac monitor in double view. I don’t think I’d want to use the TV for documents though. It would seem a bit awkward, but maybe after getting used to it, it wouldn’t matter. However, you can sit closer to a 4K UHD due to the (55" TV) pixel density - 80.11 PPI. On the order of 4000 pixels - about twice that of an HD at...
FWIW: I realize that you’re looking for a 4K monitor in the $600 - $800 range, so I’m not suggesting buying what I did. On Black Friday, I bought a new mid 2014 iMac and the Samsung TV (below) on sale at Best Buy for $900 apiece. The TV normally sells for @ $1300. The iMac has a beautiful screen; however, using an adaptor and an HDMI cable, I connected the iMac to the TV and found I have a gorgeous 55” 4K monitor that puts the iMac monitor to shame. A TV / monitor in...
I had a similar problem with an older MBP.  I tried  several suggestions that didn’t work, so I tried connecting an exterior monitor which worked perfectly. My conclusion was that the monitor was bad and not necessarily the MBP.  However, the MBP eventually failed completely, and I replaced it with mid 2014, 21.5" iMac.  I've had some typing and other problems with the new iMac, but I'll have to post those later. Right now, there's a cat on my lap that insists on trying to...
I spoke too soon. After spending a lot of time downloading the last few years of bank accounts and tweaking them to bring them up to date, the newer info disappeared when I tried to find it again.  I have no idea what happened to the new downloads. They just evaporated. The new saved file shows only the info that was already there from about two years ago. 
I couldn't find the Intel version of Quicken 2007 on Intuit's site, so I texted and discussed it with a Quicken rep who sent me the disc. For $15, it was worth taking a chance on, and, as far as I can tell, so far, it seems to work just like the PowerPC version.     Has anyone else found and used it?  I'm curious to know if anyone has problems with it. 
Has anyone been able to purchase the new version of Quicken 2007 for Mac?  Online, any reference to it goes straight to Quicken 2015 for Mac.   I called Intuit hoping to buy it directly. A guy with a strong Indian accent said he’d have to take control of my computer in order to install Quicken.  No way!!!     Anyway, I want it on disk, so I asked where to buy it on disk.  He said possibly Best Buy, but entering Quicken 2007 on that site shows Quicken 2015.    
Alles ist kaput.  Server icons have disappeared from the SideBar, DeskTop, and Network, and all attempts to access the Server from the Client have failed.  The suggestions you made did work for a time, but . . .   Again, I would think the problem is caused by the Western Digital Livewire Powerline AV Network Kit connection; however, the Client can be seen and accessed by the Server. It's probably something in the new mid-2014 iMac that's causing the problem.