or Connect

Posts by sequitur

Yes. Thanks. Safe Mode Boot worked to some extent. A couple files that had disappeared returned. A new file I built to replace one that disappeared before has itself disappeared now.  TextEdit now works. Drag and drop not so much. Mavericks is now playing nicer. Track Pad is working better. I haven't had an opportunity to see what else is happening. Weird??!!!!!! Poultergeist???? Naw, just Apple. About a year or so ago, Time Machine lost all the files that were backed...
I notice that at least three posts on this thread no longer show up, at least, on my computer. That includes the last two and an earlier one showing my Activity Monitor readings about 'Kernel Task'.  How did that happen?   My biggest concern at this point is that Activity Monitor shows that 'kernel task' is using: 670.6 MB of memory - 83 threads - 0 ports - 0 PID - root user. Is that normal or a sign of a problem?   In addition: com.apple.IconServicesAgent is using,...
No, none.  Everything worked fine before.
I've reinstalled Maverick, but it doesn't seem to help. Many files are missing; many URL's still don't work; some apps don't work. I'm concerned about retrieving stuff from the back-up HD. It may make matters worse, so I'm afraid to try.  I did try bringing a copy of  TextEdit into the internal HD from the backup HD, but it still doesn't work. the Header Bar has just the previous app - like Finder but 'dulled' out.   Do you know how to do 'Repair Disk' since there isn't...
More and more problems. Files disappearing; aliases and original files not connecting or originals ceasing to exist; functions not functioning; etc.    Should I reinstall Mavericks?  I'm stumped at this point. My iMac is just about useless. I'm surprised I'm still able to reach and write to AI.  I can almost hear the theme from 'Outer Limits' - duh duh duh dah - duh duh duh dah - as stuff fades out or stops working on my computer. It's surreal !!!!!     Please....
This morning, iMac became very flaky.  Some apps and other things, such as TextEdit, won’t open. Error messages on others, such as:    “Item “          “ is used by OS X and can’t be opened.”   “The alias “      “ can’t be opened because the original item can’t be found.”   I didn’t delete the originals.  I have no idea what happened to them. Some URL’s work; some don’t work.  No idea why.   Tried rebooting; no joy. Tried Finder relaunch; no joy.    That’s the...
And maybe I'll win the PowerBall lottery. The odds are better. But thanks for giving me hope. 
The lord (Apple) giveth and the lord taketh away.
The four finger ‘Swipe between full-screen apps’ works intermittently and not as shown on MTP ‘More Gestures’. I meant moving back and forth between pages. The two finger ‘Swipe between pages’ (that slides the pages off to the side revealing the previous page) is working again. The three finger swipe is also working - a bit awkwardly though.  However, now, ‘Drag and Drop’ is flaky as hell and works only intermittently. It works well in some areas - not so much in others -...
YESSSSSS~! Great~!!!!!!!!!!! That works except for switching between windows. Now, both 1 finger AND 3 finger tapping works but in slightly different ways, For example, to grab header bar, 1 finger on header requires a double tap to grab it and another tap to let it go - while 3 finger requires only placing curser on the bar, no tap needed, and no need to tap it to let it go. However, two finger switching windows stopped working. The back arrow does, but that’s a pain, so...