or Connect

Posts by sequitur

Just installed Mavericks.  It seems to be functioning correctly with one big exception.  Tapping on the Trackpad doesn't work.  Clicking works but that isn't easy and is tiring.  I've had to use two hands on the trackpad in some instances such as highlighting a sentence or inserting the cursor.  Using one hand to try to insert the cursor causes it to skitter off into anywhere but where I want it. Sometimes it takes several clicks before it works.     Another example, it...
Bergermeister     I found another explanation of your English lesson, and you're right.   Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"   You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."    
"You don't want to "save" it ... somewhere in the iMovie menus, you should have an option to "Export" the movie you've created ... do that. You'll then get options for how you want it formatted, and where to save it, etc... you'll then end up with a new file wherever you told it to save it that will be a video file (probably mp4) ... single file of the full length project."   I was never able to find an "Export" option in my version of iMovie.  What worked is...
I spoke too rashly and too soon.  I continued looking for a way to save my iMovie project, There are many posts and articles and almost as many answers none of which seemed to work; however, I finally found an actually simplified way of saving the project:   http://blogs.skokielibrary.info/medialab/2011/07/23/how-to-save-your-imovie-project/   It didn't come out as high quality as I would have liked, but it did work.     Thanks Marvin,  I probably would have...
No joy. I have iMovie 9 on SL 10.6.8.   I've read quite a few other forum posts and articles about saving iMovie projects with no help whatsoever. Some say it can't be done.   Trying to update iMovie 9 gives me an error message that I need 10.7.4 or higher   Frustrating.  Should I give up or keep trying?- (rhetorical)  Maybe there is no way to save an iMovie 9 project.   One article says: "For those of us who have drunk the iMovie09-is-so-damn-easy-to-use...
Gave up trying to drag the clips into the Project library and used 'Select All' ; 'Copy' and 'Paste; that worked.     Haven't figured out how to save the new project. Not intuitive and 'Help' doesn't help. No 'Save' feature in 'File'.    It shows up in  'Movies' / iMovie Project; however, clicking on that takes me back to the iMovie Project but no concatenated file. Dragging project to external HD in Event Library doesn't doesn't actually drag it to that HD.  It...
  I've been attempting to concatenate a dozen movie clips into one. I keep trying but I'm frustrated. I've tried several apps, but none does the job.   I've watched online videos on how to concatenate, but they don't explain thoroughly enough to overcome problems I've encountered.  "Help' doesn't help, either.  I use SL on an iMac & a MBP.   Catenator works up to a point. It creates a merged file; however, that file won't open.   Split & Concat refuses to...
This IPS monitor sells for $260.00.   How do you suppose it compares with an Apple monitor selling for three times as much?       HP Pavilion 27xi Silver / Black 27 inch 7ms HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor - IPS Panel 250 cd/m2...
I was just passing on the Scientific American article for what it's worth.  My response was to the rude 'Wahh Wahh'  that you directed at me.