or Connect

Posts by sequitur

Is there a way to get Safari to warn that there are multiple tabs open, so that closing one doesn't close them all? Before upgrading to Mavericks, I used to get that warning.   I read: A work around might be to click History from the Safari menu bar top of your screen. From the drop down menu click Restore All Windows From Last Session. Unfortunately, Restore All Windows From Last Session is always grayed out and doesn't work.     What can Apple be thinking when it...
If that were the case, why did everything work correctly before I installed Mavericks?
I dislike Mavericks intensely; much of what I could do before doesn't work.  Most of TrackPad doesn't work.  Can't Drag and Drop; can't switch between windows; backspace; ad infinitum - ad nauseum.   Have reset PRAM; repaired permissions; repaired disks; rebooted numerous times; NOTHING helps; Mavericks is CRAP. I can't do what I need to do without jumping through hoops.  Wasted time and effort.  And who knows what other crap I'll run into.    Researching online shows...
I've tried changing TrackPad Preference settings and then changing back several times and have tried rebooting several times; no joy; however; tapping  icons on desktop, in dock, Tabs, and in Preferences does work. Scrolling works. I've spent so much time looking for a fix that I haven't tried most of other Maverick stuff.    Oddly, tapping will uncheck items in TrackPad Preference setting but NOT check them; they have to be clicked to check them. That may be where the...
Using Better Touch Tool as  a work around for moving and resizing a window. Can't find one for highlighting, inserting cursor, or editing sentences which I have to do a lot.
No luck trying to find an answer to tapping MTP  either online or Apple Support.  After ten minutes of having to click MTP, my finger is too sore and tired to continue. It takes numerous attempts to get the cursor on a button or whatever as it skitters away when I press on the MTP.   Tried using Magic Mouse. Worse.  Cursor goes in opposite direction that I try to move it.  I'm not referring to moving screen up or down.  Using MM, there is no way to get the cursor on a...
Just installed Mavericks.  It seems to be functioning correctly with one big exception.  Tapping on the Trackpad doesn't work.  Clicking works but that isn't easy and is tiring.  I've had to use two hands on the trackpad in some instances such as highlighting a sentence or inserting the cursor.  Using one hand to try to insert the cursor causes it to skitter off into anywhere but where I want it. Sometimes it takes several clicks before it works.     Another example, it...
Bergermeister     I found another explanation of your English lesson, and you're right.   Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"   You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."    
"You don't want to "save" it ... somewhere in the iMovie menus, you should have an option to "Export" the movie you've created ... do that. You'll then get options for how you want it formatted, and where to save it, etc... you'll then end up with a new file wherever you told it to save it that will be a video file (probably mp4) ... single file of the full length project."   I was never able to find an "Export" option in my version of iMovie.  What worked is...