or Connect

Posts by sequitur

I’ve been trying to do a clean install of Yosemite on my MBP, but have had problems. I’ve read how to do a clean install which, of course, requires Yosemite to be downloaded to an external HDD.    It won’t install on any one of my three WD Black external HDD’s (two are 1TB and the third 2TB.)  At the last moment, I get an error log but no installation. I still don’t understand how to correct that problem.     Next, I bought an 8GB thumb drive that Apple support...
I'll try a clean install, but the problem existed before the Yosemite upgrade, so I don't have high hopes for a clean install to work any better.   However, using a wireless keyboard and mouse rectified several problems that must have stemmed from the MBP keyboard and/or trackpad.  For example, an overwrite of letters whenever I corrected text, plus a frequent beachball. So your thought of it being a hardware problem is more plausible.   Otherwise, I'm quite satisfied with...
On my MBP w/Snow Leopard, double click wouldn’t open a desktop file or any file, but does work in the Dock. I had to use a right click to open a menu, then click on ‘Open’.  System Preference Mouse didn’t help.     I upgraded to Yosemite thinking double click would work. NO joy.  Same problem. System Preference Mouse doesn’t help here either. I began using a Magic Mouse thinking that would work. No luck. Double click just doesn’t work.    Googling the problem didn’t...
Thanks
I've had so many problems with Maverick that I decided to upgrade to Yosemite. Maybe not a great idea as there could be bugs in it too.    It seems to be working fine - and the bugs I've experienced with Maverick seem to be gone.     I have an external HD always on and connected to my iMac.     What I'd like to know is - should I upgrade that to Yosemite as well? Could I use that as a backup in case the internal HD failed? 
After reading - Review: Apple's redesigned late 2013 Mac Pro, I've had visions of a 'Mini Pro' replacing both the Mac Mini and iMac. A Mac Pro look alike but smaller with different components for the Mini and iMac versions. The iMac version could come with a 27" Apple Thunderbolt Display eliminating the need for the AIO attached monitor. It could also reduce other manufacturing processes.     Is that overly simplistic? I assume you'll say Apple will never field it. Why...
Eureka!  That cable worked. Everything seems to work.  I can use the screen with the MBP closed.     Thanks Marvin and AI members for leading me to the promised land.  This seems to resolve another problem I was having on the MBP - a frequent spinning beach ball. I don't know how or why, but I'm grateful that it did. It's like having a brand new computer.
Thanks. I'm just not conversant with cable nomenclature and didn't know that was called a DVI port.  Now I understand.   The Viewsonic is model "VX 2025wm.  The screen on the MBP turned green and isn't useable.  I'm hoping that an exterior monitor can be used instead.  I'll attempt to use the MBP in closed clamshell mode.  Forgive me if my choice of terms is incorrect.  I'm doing my best to keep up with mac technology but my aged brain doesn't always keep pace. Thanks for...
 "Just grab a DisplayPort-DVI adapter."    That's what I have now, but there is no MBP port that will accept DVI / (thunderbolt?). I need an adapter from the thunderbolt connecter to a USB or Firewire port.  Does that exist?