or Connect

Posts by sequitur

Just as an example, I’ll open a .jpg and add text or something to it with Preview, and it may work. Then I’ll open another .jpg and try to make a change and it won’t work.  If I Force Quit Preview and re-open, it may or may not work on that second .jpg.   I didn’t do a clean install, so maybe there is a conflict with something else as Muppetry suggested.  I will try a clean install later, but I’m not sure how to do that. As I’ve read about clean installs, I tried to...
Like many others, I'd like a 'Mini Pro' (with the same goodies that an iMac has) connected to a separate 27" IPS monitor. I like my 27" iMac; however, I don't think an AIO is practical in the long term.
I keep finding more flaky apps and such since I “upgraded” (LOL) to Mavericks,  The following don't work as before with SL.   "Contacts' doesn't work like 'Address Book' did.  Clicking on a name in Address Book would insert it into Mail address line.  It doesn't in Contacts.   Entering a group name in Mail Address line used to insert all names in that group.  Now, it requires several steps to do that.   ‘Drag and Drop’ works only intermittently.  Icons, pix, files,...
Your post is not entirely accurate.     http://betanews.com/2013/10/22/apple-announces-updated-iwork-and-ilife-apps-for-free-although-there-is-a-catch/   "If you’re an existing user, and running Mavericks or iOS 7, you’ll be able to update to the new versions. Not planning on buying new hardware and not an existing user? You’ll still need to pay to get them, I’m afraid."
Anyone familiar with Koingo Software?  Has anyone here used their products? if so, what is your opinion?   I received this, but am wary of such offers.    Koingo Software, Inc. We choose to do what is hard... Hello friends, Well, you've probably heard about our battle with MacUpdate over the past few months. And you know what? We're sick of dealing with it. We're putting and end to this once and for all. We're giving away $2.2...
Mac Help forums sent this to me regarding Kernel Tasks shown on Activity Monitor: http://www.thegeekpub.com/260/what-is-kernel_task-why-is-it-running/
I've gone to other Mac forums trying to find answers and found that other Mavericks users are having similar and other problems.  Some may be addressed in later versions, but I'm not holding my breath. Apple is working on OS 10.10 already. Mavericks may be free, but you get what you pay for.  Unfortunately, I broke my own rule to wait until bugs are ironed out before "upgrading" to a new OS, and I'm paying a price for that idiocy. I've noticed a few other problems: In...
I'm thinking the same thing.  But it's Mavericks that's the lemon as I've not had these problems before.   That being said, Restarting has helped. I can now open and use System Preferences; however, some of the Dialog Boxes are not the same as before, e.g., Displays has changed. It now shows 'Best for display' & 'Scaled' where before it showed only a list of resolutions which did nothing.  It also shows "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available", now.  Before...
This is so flaky.  Resolution just returned to previous state by itself; however, System Preferences still won't open to show icons.     I can only see it View (list) mode; however, clicking on ANY item doesn't do a damned thing. Going to restart to see what that'll do.