or Connect

Posts by sequitur

That probably would have worked in another OS X; however, there is NO users' Library in the Mavericks that downloaded.  If it's hidden, I don't know how to unhide it.   In this copy, the only items that appear under Users are Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Movies, Music, Pictures, and Public. Nothing else. NO library.   HDD shows Applications, Library (which has Application Support that doesn't contain Address Book), System, and Users.  Nothing else.   If you can...
Belay that last request. Although the vCards wouldn't import from a backup, I was able to import them from my ISP address book.  
Next problem:   How do I import Contacts from a backup?  I found this: Import contacts from an archive file Importing an archive file replaces your current contact information. Choose File > Import. Select the archive file, then click Open When I go directly to user/Library/Application Support/AddressBook folder, either on a backup HDD or Time Machine HDD, the file is fine; however, when I try Contact/File/Import/  the file is grayed out as is Open, of...
Thanks. That worked.  How do you learn things like this?  When I bought my first PC in the early 80's, it came with a stack of manuals about 8" high. Now, Help, Searchlight, etc. gives many answers to questions that weren't asked, but nothing about what is needed.  Where do you go, besides AppleInsider, to find answers? I've asked so many questions on this forum that I'm afraid that I'll wear out my welcome.     Thanks again, you saved my sanity.  
Too expensive. Well, I have the framework from Time Machine (as of last week).  I could rebuild the file if I could get into my internal HDD.  Apple, in it's infinite wisdom, chose not to provide access to that HDD since I did a clean install of Mavericks.  It doesn't appear in the Finder.   Disk Utility shows that it's there, but no way to mount it. That's grayed out.   I have access to an external HDD where Time Machine resides; however, I can't rebuild much without...
I have a whole slew of new problems since doing a clean install of Mavericks.  The most pressing is that the internal HDD doesn't show up in the Finder. I was able to mount the externals with Disk Utility, but the internal HDD 'Mount' is grayed out. Finder 'Devices' shows external HDD's but not the internal.    Others have had the same problem, and there's a work-around online but it requires going to the library and deleting a .plist; however, that's a catch-22. How do...
Belay that last request.  Safari seems to be behaving - for the nonce.
Unfortunately, Time Machine wasn't up to date; however, it did have week old info which helps considerably. Thanks.   Is there any other way to retrieve what was trashed? I would like last week's info, too.
I trashed and deleted an important folder.  Is there a way to retrieve it.
So far; so good.  Safari is working and goes to the URL.  It isn't draining memory quite as much as before.  However, every time a URL is accessed, it takes up about 120 MB which doesn't quit when the site is left.  Each one shows up in the Activity Monitor as an individual 'Safari Web Content' and continues to add up memory usage.  I have to quit Safari to get rid of them.  Does that happen in anyone else's system? Is there a way to avoid that?